• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Update: Calais.1944.Campaign.scn Diary
02-14-2017, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2017, 05:55 AM by Ocito80.)
RE: THREAD CLOSED: Calais.1944 via F40 Map
Thread is re-opened. Others were interested enough in the project that I will continue my updates.

Have a great day everyone
Atheory
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2017, 06:23 AM,
RE: Update: Calais.1944.Campaign.scn Diary
Update:

1) Axis OOB updated after finding more information on misc units in region (Flak, Sich etc.)
2) Created no passage line along the northern border to Antwerp, enhancing the optic for the allies that no axis reinforcements will arrive via those locations. Since the coastline doesn't go all the way to antwerp on the map, elements of 712.ID(bo) will appear south of this line between DDay and DDay+1 which were ordered to block Patton's 3rd army's advance towards Antwerp. Nothing else will follow afterwards.
3) LCT® have been converted to regular ships, instead of single use. Their stats reduced accordingly and will withdraw on DDay+1 (still only 1 ship per unit and high VP value so use them continually at your own risk)
4) Due to map sea zones, particularly along the British landing sites, Allied ship fire ranges have been modified(reduced) accordingly.
5) Various Allied ships will withdraw over time.
6) Some german coastal batteries AA value increased instead of creating an organic AA battery.
7) Started creating a separate unit image folder, which I will make available when scenario is ready. It's basically images already present in game but my naming scheme necessitated new ones with updated names to avoid missing unit images.
8) Adjusted unit values, regular infantry at 1 hex fire distance, with MG and HW units at range 2.

Ongoing efforts
1) Finding information on the 2.Stellung occupied by the 85ID. Slow going as records, for me anyway, are limited.
2) Assessing German Air assets in the region. Compared to Normandy region.
3) Supply considerations
4) Reinforcement schedule. Tentative one ready.
02-15-2017, 07:46 AM,
(02-15-2017, 06:23 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: Update:

1) Axis OOB updated after finding more information on misc units in region (Flak, Sich etc.)
2) Created no passage line along the northern border to Antwerp, enhancing the optic for the allies that no axis reinforcements will arrive via those locations. Since the coastline doesn't go all the way to antwerp on the map, elements of 712.ID(bo) will appear south of this line between DDay and DDay+1 which were ordered to block Patton's 3rd army's advance towards Antwerp. Nothing else will follow afterwards.
3) LCT® have been converted to regular ships, instead of single use. Their stats reduced accordingly and will withdraw on DDay+1 (still only 1 ship per unit and high VP value so use them continually at your own risk)
4) Due to map sea zones, particularly along the British landing sites, Allied ship fire ranges have been modified(reduced) accordingly.
6) Some german coastal batteries AA value increased instead of creating an organic AA battery.
7) Started creating a separate unit image folder, which I will make available when scenario is ready. It's basically images already present in game but my naming scheme necessitated new ones with updated names to avoid missing unit images.
8) Adjusted unit values, regular infantry at 1 hex fire distance, with MG and HW units at range 2.  

Ongoing efforts
1) Finding information on the 2.Stellung occupied by the 85ID. Slow going as records, for me anyway, are limited.
3) Supply considerations

Awesome, Thanks for all your hard work, I love these big long scenarios.
02-15-2017, 12:00 PM,
(02-15-2017, 06:23 AM)Ocito80 Wrote: Update:

Ongoing efforts
3) Supply considerations
I remember you asking about unit graphics and images. Have you seen the thread on page 4 where links to a collection of new images was posted? I've downloaded these myself, and if I ever get around to tinkering with some mods I'm considering, I plan on using some. They cover most of the Nations in the entire PzC Series. If the links are dead I can always forward them to you.
02-15-2017, 03:30 PM,
Update:

1) Will begin using many of the graphics 2-81 Armor was kind enough to send me. They are quite good looking.
2) Axis OOB updated again with some new information.
3) re-placement of 15th army commences, using more accurate information. While I don't guarantee the complete accuracy of troop placements, I'm doing my best and probably have a 90% accuracy rating for placement at the moment.
4) I decided not to limit the facing of the coastal batteries. I want the axis player to have a little fun with them, and I want to give some added encouragement to the allied player to take these positions. Greater chance of sinking allied ships too....german player will love those VPs.
02-17-2017, 10:02 AM,
Update:

1) Fined tuned Axis OOB a bit more. Acquired appropriate unit images where needed.
2) A couple Axis OOB easter eggs added.
3) Will attempt to use VST for the scenario.
02-17-2017, 06:15 PM,
Hey guys , ...just to explain, I get occasional posts on my Facebook feed and when I see something where I think my 2 cents are worth adding, I'll toss in remarks.

Great to see the series still being enjoyed.

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-18-2017, 03:46 AM,
The series is still better than a lot of the tablet garbage coming out these days. Yea i'm looking at you matrix games and your decisive campaigns series and tigers on the hunt. Even HPS's latest release makes me want to curl up with a bottle of jack and guzzle it until I puke. And HOI4 by Paradox is a colossal disappointment at the moment. Of course this is all based on personal preference.

The only thing I have to look forward to are user fan-boi remakes of TOAW IV and WITE2. Until then I'll stick with the outdated classics in PzC and WiTP.

I'd play more of the CW and NAP games, but those graphics/units make my eyes bleed.