• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS version of PzCampaigns
01-21-2017, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 08:56 AM by -72-.)
RE: JTS version of PzCampaigns
(01-20-2017, 11:08 PM)blond_knight Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)Aces8 Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 08:11 AM)trauth116 Wrote: No, you have to be connected to the internet when entering the s/n, as it has to be activated.

Yeah that's not a problem. So I can make a digital copy and keep my serial number. And just a internet
check when reinstalling? Doesn't sound so bad. I have been reluctant to buy from the JTS site but I want to
get either a Panzer battles title or East Front 14.

Uh Not for Panzer Battles games you don't.  I deliberately tested that but disabling my laptops wireless. I know originally they had online activation, which Im against, but now at least for Panzer Battles games its just a serial number when you try to start the game the first time.  Not unlike Matrix, simple and unobtrusive.

The thing is - is that the OP was talking PZC, not PZB - and you do with anything developed by JTS (PZB being developed by WDS and published by JTS) -and I ought to know because I have to install/reinstall the things all of the time.

I haven't always had to type the SN's in all of the time, as if I am reinstalling something that I already have on to a machine ( I assume with the same IP) that I have had it installed on before - but it still has to connect in order to make the call.

If it matters, I do a lot of work for JTS that makes me either install additional copies, or reinstall versions, so to be blunt I am not talking out of my ass, no matter how much you might want to show it as that.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2017, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 09:07 AM by blond_knight.)
Sorry I really dont take your meaning there.

So you're saying that unlike PZB, PZC still uses online activation? Do they still create a hashed reg key and tie it to your mac address? http://www.johntillersoftware.com/ makes no mention of that now, though they used to. And I think by law it would have to list activation under their terms and conditions.
01-21-2017, 12:27 PM,
Wow, this thread sure went away on a separate course than what I started? Is there any real reason to get the JTS version other than hexside slopes, and a 40.00 pricetag? Maybe I should just stick with my old versions?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-22-2017, 01:24 AM,
(01-21-2017, 12:27 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Wow, this thread sure went away on a separate course than what I started? Is there any real reason to get the JTS version other than hexside slopes, and a 40.00 pricetag? Maybe I should just stick with my old versions?

I own all the games with my last 7 being JTS versions. The only difference I notice is the graphics quality starting Stalingrad, (which I'm not sure was with the HPS release). From reading the board, I thought there was a plan to eventually update all the PZC titles to the present graphics quality and was waiting on that update. You might want to check on that. In the meantime, you could always pick up an ACW or Nappy title and star working on mods for that title if it is possible.
01-22-2017, 08:26 AM,
(01-22-2017, 01:24 AM)Partizanka Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 12:27 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Wow, this thread sure went away on a separate course than what I started? Is there any real reason to get the JTS version other than hexside slopes, and a 40.00 pricetag? Maybe I should just stick with my old versions?

I own all the games with my last 7 being JTS versions. The only difference I notice is the graphics quality starting Stalingrad, (which I'm not sure was with the HPS release). From reading the board, I thought there was a plan to eventually update all the PZC titles to the present graphics quality and was waiting on that update. You might want to check on that. In the meantime, you could always pick up an ACW or Nappy title and star working on mods for that title if it is possible.

Partizanka is right, there isn't any reason to get them again if you already have them. The update process should be working in the same manner as the other update processes. Just contact the JTS support email when it comes to a point where you need to update to something that is only available on the JTS site for your title (meaning an actual update package that is available).

Right now the process is actively involving the Civil War series, and I think the Napoleonic one might have already been done.

There are, however, more projects than that one to accomplish the same end.
Send this user an email
01-23-2017, 02:31 AM,
(01-22-2017, 01:24 AM)Partizanka Wrote: In the meantime, you could always pick up an ACW or Nappy title and star working on mods for that title if it is possible.

I sure like Sam's idea.   Thumbs Up
01-23-2017, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2017, 05:53 AM by Warhorse.)
You guys are incorrigible!! LOL Whip
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

01-24-2017, 01:38 AM,
Sorry I derailed the thread guys. I did buy my first game from JTS East Prussia 14. Thanks for answering my DRM questions.
01-24-2017, 02:40 AM,
(01-24-2017, 01:38 AM)Aces8 Wrote: Sorry I derailed the thread guys. I did buy my first game from JTS East Prussia 14. Thanks for answering my DRM questions.

Congratulations

Before you know it, you'll be hooked on JTS games just like the rest of us! Wink
01-28-2017, 07:54 AM,
So, anyone? Which title would you say is the most popular?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue