• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS version of PzCampaigns
01-17-2017, 09:18 AM,
c_Question Mark  JTS version of PzCampaigns
Ok, gonna bite the bullet and start getting the JTS versions of the PzCampaigns, which one would you all recommend as the starter?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2017, 10:07 AM,
RE: JTS version of PzCampaigns
(01-17-2017, 09:18 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Ok, gonna bite the bullet and start getting the JTS versions of the PzCampaigns, which one would you all recommend as the starter?!

Kharkov please!
01-17-2017, 10:11 AM,
'42? I have '43 and Moscow '42 right now, but want to get the other titles I have in HPS, as the JTS versions!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

01-17-2017, 10:31 AM,
Mike, I would start with D-Day if you go with the West Front or Kursk on the East. Helmet Wink
01-18-2017, 04:42 AM,
(01-17-2017, 09:18 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Ok, gonna bite the bullet and start getting the JTS versions of the PzCampaigns, which one would you all recommend as the starter?!

What is the difference between HPS and JTS versions, apart from DRM?
01-18-2017, 07:24 AM,
JTS has the slope sides now for one, but apart from that, from a modders standpoint, everyone is getting that version, so essentially I'm wasting my time modding the HPS versions. Maybe someone in the know can chime in with more differences, but don't think there is more than that? I for one would like there to be an option to also get a boxed version with a disk, I don't like digital only formats at all!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

01-18-2017, 08:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 09:48 PM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: clarifacations )
(01-18-2017, 07:24 AM)Warhorse Wrote: JTS has the slope sides now for one, but apart from that, from a modders standpoint, everyone is getting that version, so essentially I'm wasting my time modding the HPS versions. Maybe someone in the know can chime in with more differences, but don't think there is more than that? I for one would like there to be an option to also get a boxed version with a disk, I don't like digital only formats at all!

I have all the original HPSSIMS games plus the latest releases from Mr John Tiller.

Believe me a LOT of on map displays do not work in the new 2D zoom for HPSSIMS games, I.E. damaged bridges, pontoon bridges etc, do not display.
This applies to almost all the HPSSIMS games, I believe only France'14 works as designed.

Why would you want 2 versions of the same game, are they not going to allow the owners of the HPSSIMS version a free upgrade as has been announced for the ACW games. 
I was stung just recently when I bought a game in the Matrix sale and upgraded to the physical copy thinking it included the rule book, plus extra postage to the UK.
01-19-2017, 07:43 AM,
I know a lot of the items aren't showing in the new 2D zoom, but then again with my mods in place, I only play in 3D now anyway.

I received these games a long time ago from someone who didn't want them anymore, so I can't upgrade them. I will gladly buy the JTS versions, if there are enough differences, otherwise will just plod along with the old.

I don't care so much about a rule book, I'm on the Matrix development team and totally understand why there can't be a physical book, but I like a hard copy, hard drives crash all the time, there goes the digital.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

01-19-2017, 09:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 09:09 AM by Compass Rose.)
If you own a Ipad you could always upload whichever PDF manuals you want to your dropbox account and then download them to your Ipad and they will be found in your IBooks app under the PDF section.

That way you can have access to your PDF manuals anytime you wish, including when you have a hard drive crash!   Helmet Wink
01-19-2017, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 10:57 PM by Lowlander. Edit Reason: spelling )
(01-19-2017, 09:08 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: If you own a Ipad you could always upload whichever PDF manuals you want to your dropbox account and then download them to your Ipad and they will be found in your IBooks app under the PDF section.

That way you can have access to your PDF manuals anytime you wish, including when you have a hard drive crash!   Helmet Wink

I have a portable 500GB HHD ? that I bought as back up to my personal docs, pics and games.

And yes I have a Ipad which is great with manuals, books etc, the large colour display is a joy, but I ain't gett'in any younger, tend to hold on to the coat tails and be dragged along in a new direction.

My last mobile phone upgrade was presented to me last week by my eldest grandson, he thinks it's outdated !!!.