• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS version of PzCampaigns
01-20-2017, 04:55 AM,
RE: JTS version of PzCampaigns
Hey I am thinking about also buying my first title from the Tiller site. How does the DRM work?
Will I have problems if I don't live in the USA?
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2017, 05:49 AM,
When you purchase a JTS game, you are sent a download link and a serial number.

Either during the install, or when the game is started for the first time, you will be asked for the serial number.

Upon entering the serial number and hitting "Enter" you will get a "activation successful" message and then you are all done.

It is quick and easy; nothing to it.

If you live abroad, I would 1st suggest contacting JTS customer service and ask them so you have no surprises.

[email protected]
01-20-2017, 06:09 AM,
Is it just a serial number system now like Matrix games? No online activation?
01-20-2017, 07:23 AM,
Yep, just like that.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-20-2017, 08:11 AM,
No, you have to be connected to the internet when entering the s/n, as it has to be activated.
Send this user an email
01-20-2017, 09:39 AM,
Ahh, I forget about that, since always connected anymore, it's commonplace to overlook that! Used to be, back in dial up days, you had to log on and such, now always hooked up! How many remember dial up?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

01-20-2017, 03:27 PM,
(01-19-2017, 07:43 AM)Warhorse Wrote: ...but I like a hard copy, hard drives crash all the time, there goes the digital.

You're scaring me man--with all of the valuable mods you do, you don't back up in the cloud?!  Whip

Seriously open an account on Dropbox, Google Drive, or wherever, always have a backup, always be able to sync between different computers.  It's super-easy, convenient, and just smart!

I don't store sensitive info like bank or financial data in the cloud but all of my game-related stuff is there, including back up installation files for all games, all manuals, all mods, etc.
01-20-2017, 03:53 PM,
(01-20-2017, 08:11 AM)trauth116 Wrote: No, you have to be connected to the internet when entering the s/n, as it has to be activated.

Yeah that's not a problem. So I can make a digital copy and keep my serial number. And just a internet
check when reinstalling? Doesn't sound so bad. I have been reluctant to buy from the JTS site but I want to
get either a Panzer battles title or East Front 14.
01-20-2017, 11:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 09:05 AM by blond_knight. Edit Reason: typo )
(01-20-2017, 03:53 PM)Aces8 Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 08:11 AM)trauth116 Wrote: No, you have to be connected to the internet when entering the s/n, as it has to be activated.

Yeah that's not a problem. So I can make a digital copy and keep my serial number. And just a internet
check when reinstalling? Doesn't sound so bad. I have been reluctant to buy from the JTS site but I want to
get either a Panzer battles title or East Front 14.

Uh Not for Panzer Battles games you don't.  I deliberately tested that by disabling my laptops wireless. I know originally they had online activation, which Im against, but now at least for Panzer Battles games its just a serial number when you try to start the game the first time.  Not unlike Matrix, simple and unobtrusive.
01-21-2017, 07:15 AM,
(01-20-2017, 03:27 PM)76mm Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 07:43 AM)Warhorse Wrote: ...but I like a hard copy, hard drives crash all the time, there goes the digital.

You're scaring me man--with all of the valuable mods you do, you don't back up in the cloud?!  Whip

Seriously open an account on Dropbox, Google Drive, or wherever, always have a backup, always be able to sync between different computers.  It's super-easy, convenient, and just smart!

I don't store sensitive info like bank or financial data in the cloud but all of my game-related stuff is there, including back up installation files for all games, all manuals, all mods, etc.

LOL, no, it's all good, I have 2 backup external harddrives, Dropbox and Onedrive! I just like a box with a disk is all, know what I mean?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue