• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS version of PzCampaigns
01-31-2017, 03:31 AM,
RE: JTS version of PzCampaigns
(01-28-2017, 07:54 AM)Warhorse Wrote: So, anyone? Which title would you say is the most popular?

I enjoyed Rzhev most of all among the what, 15 titles ? ( Budapest is, imho, the poorest of the entrys in PC)

The play balance between human and AI is very good, ( The 'Op Mars God of War' Whole shebang scenario).

I read Glantzs book heck 29 years ago saying damn, If only wish someone made a game/scenario for this Operation....they did eventually;)
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2017, 12:18 PM,
(01-31-2017, 03:31 AM)carl11 Wrote: Budapest is, imho,  the poorest of the entrys in PC

Having just bought Budapest Im curious to know why you don't care for it? I finally decided to buy it since my main interest is late war, but Ive only played a couple quick scenarios.
02-02-2017, 07:20 AM,
I've enjoyed Smolensk the most, and it seems quite popular on this forum.

I did not enjoy Minsk much at all. Moscow 42 is OK, but I've found that I don't like winter campaigns as much as summer ones...(although Moscow 42 also includes a alt-history Moscow summer 42 scenario).
02-02-2017, 07:56 AM,
(02-02-2017, 07:20 AM)76mm Wrote: I've enjoyed Smolensk the most, and it seems quite popular on this forum.  

I did not enjoy Minsk much at all.  Moscow 42 is OK, but I've found that I don't like winter campaigns as much as summer ones...(although Moscow 42 also includes a alt-history Moscow summer 42 scenario).

Alright, thanks for the input, 76mm, think I will get Smolensk, I like the HPS version of that one quite a bit too, so might as well start with that one!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-02-2017, 03:31 PM,
OK, but I should have pointed out that I actually have the HPS version of Smolensk, so I'm really recommending the game rather than the version (HPS vs JTS).

I don't think the differences between the HPS and JTS versions are significant enough to justify a new purchase...but if you really want to get a JTS version, you might as well start with a game you like!

Sorry for any confusion...
02-03-2017, 07:24 AM,
It's cool, I bought it! I wanted to start working on these titles, since that's the way things are headed.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-15-2017, 02:33 AM,
(01-31-2017, 12:18 PM)blond_knight Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 03:31 AM)carl11 Wrote: Budapest is, imho,  the poorest of the entrys in PC

Having just bought Budapest Im curious to know why you don't care for it? I finally decided to buy it since my main interest is late war, but Ive only played a couple quick scenarios.

I didn't mean I didn't care for it, I meant that of the 8 titles I own of the PC series, its my least fav. sorry if that wasn't clear. I will say yes me too, I love that he created Konrad etc etc., but in the end, Its a heads down smash thru scn. with not a lot of grand tactical choices.

I have only played it twice and not all the way through, so be warned. When I do play it thru, I will tinker with the scenario etc., , always do;)