• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Football is war right?
02-05-2018, 05:33 AM,
RE: Football is war right?
Lived in Colorado Springs 1983-1984, so have been a Broncos fan ever since. It was kind of cool to see John Elway beginning his career at that time. Still, didn't believe they'd ever even make it to Super Bowl, was cheering them on this side of pond when they finally did.

Watching the game myself. Rooting for Pats, for been to Boston a few times too. Always root for the "local" team, right! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2018, 06:01 AM,
Cleveland Browns 0-16, Cincinnati Bengals 7-9 and Pittsburgh Steelers out of the final dance. Angry Mob

Sorry NE, hope you understand.

Even though I'm a big AFC guy I'll have to throw my hat in the Eagles Camp for this one!  Wink

ItB Cigar5
02-05-2018, 01:54 PM,
Dang, that was a great game! Where in the top ten Superbowls of all time would you put it, or would you? I still can't get over that 4th down and going for the TD instead of the field goal the Eagles pulled off at the end of the 2nd period. That play made the game for me. Love a good upset.  Smile

db
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-05-2018, 04:23 PM,
YAY EAGLES!! Take that, Belicheat! Eric
02-05-2018, 07:47 PM,
Eagles win it, Yippee!! Big Grin2

They got their first SB win. Philly will be rocking for some time! Cheers4

Scud, SB record for total yards I thought I saw. Gotta be in the top 10 somewhere with that.
02-07-2018, 10:57 PM,
Parade is tomorrow.
E-A-G-L-E-S ... Eagles!

Not because they are my team ( I live 15 miles outside of Philly ) but, that has to have been the best Superbowl I have ever watched. Definitely not a snooze fest or flawless perfection. Just a great game.

I was pissed that I had to work through most of the first Qtr. Listened a bit on the drive home. Watched the rest (even though Timberlake almost put me to sleep).

When the game ended I threw a fist in the air and stood for a few minutes. Not stunned. Just breathing it in.

Been waiting a long time for this.

Farmer

HSL
02-09-2018, 07:25 AM,
They were my favorite team this Super Bowl for sure!
I didn't realize you guys had necro-posted this old forum...nice work!

The city of Philadelphia deserves this one, they've waited a long time.
Congratulations Ed!

Regards,

Dan
02-09-2018, 10:45 PM,
Could not make the parade. Had to work. Cry

Got to hear and see the F-18's ( I think they were) circling over head. Listened to some of it on the radio as I drove into work and watched pieces of it on the news after I got home last night.
I'm going to re-watch the game on my day off and then watch the parade after. Just to catch up to the moment. Hamster Wheel 

Farmer

HSL
02-10-2018, 11:37 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Football is war right?
When Brady fumbled THIS TIME there was NO TUCK RULE to save him... Whip

Nice to see the Eagles avenge the Championship game loss by my Raiders against the Evil Empire of "B Squared" as in Belechik/Brady.  2001 or 2002 Divisional Playoff game at night in the snow.  Great game until that 7 minute huddle up by the referees who had to make sure the Red White and Blue team won.

As soon as I saw the ball come out last Sunday...great strip sack...I was screaming at the tube....."TUCK RULE THAT BRADY"....lol... Martini Cheers6

Which is not to say I enjoyed seeing them lose or anything.
Well, actually, yes I did enjoy it, very much actually.
15 yard penalty for overuse of "actually" within one sentence... Hang3

I've always had a soft spot for the Eggles...ever since that beatdown we laid on them back in Superb Owl XV.
Then I really felt sorry for what we did to the Washington Indigneous Persons a couple years later.
Marcus Allen...."running through the night"... Hooray

You can always tell Raider fans...we only want to talk about the 70's and 80's...back when we were relevant... Pirate Duel

NICE WORK ED...and my apologies to any New England fans...but you have to admit...you got your tail whipped proper.  And you already have enough trophies.

It was GREAT football and helped me to overcome what has been a very trying season.  This sitting down for the anthem stuff is about to end my participation.  I know, it's their right, and we have to love them for it.  Well, no, I don't, and it's my right to turn the damn TV off which I will if this continues.  I do feel it's a slap in the face to all Vets.  Only my two cents here but man I cannot stand that stuff.  No pun intended.

Regards,

Silver and Black Dan... Cheers Pirates Cheers Pirates Buds
02-12-2018, 03:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 03:56 AM by Herr Straße Laufer. Edit Reason: Corrected Misspelled Word )
Eagles and  Raiders? That was a long time ago. My memory is a little "foggy". Tornado

As far as protest, I have a non political comment.
Not at work fools! Do it on your own time. When you are being paid to do a job then do the job. Personal/political stuff do it off the job. Millionaire athletes have the means to do things outside of work. Do it there. Thank you 3  
The shame was that the team owners and the NFL allowed it to go on. Whistle

Try it at your job and you'd probably be fired? "Hey, Boss, I have the right to freedom of speech and you cannot stop me!"   Walk the Plank
This "Old Guy" was just happy to see one Superbowl win. And, Jason Kelce's speech, dressed as a 'mummer', at the parade ceremony. Great Speech
Both fun to watch and said a lot. Bravo

Farmer

HSL