• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Football is war right?
01-23-2017, 10:49 PM,
RE: Football is war right?
WELL New England and Atlanta showed they are the dominate forces but it made for boring games.

I'm going have to take New England to win the SB. Just because of their experience and how well they are able to extract the potential of their players to the fullest.
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2017, 09:28 AM,
My apologies for over-reacting zap, I know you're a member, not some troll.

That was actually tossed at "deturk", the guy who posted up the video.
I don't recall him being a member or active on the CS series so I assumed he came out of the woodwork to post that up.

I get a bit salty over the Pats...this little play called the Tuck Rule...probably won't ever get over that one.
Give them their due, they are the best, and the Pats have the jewelry to prove it.
What kills me is they are good enough to win without cheating, so why do they cheat?
And no...don't take me wrong...as John Madden used to say..."if you're not cheating...you're not trying..."
They got caught, they got punished, and that is the ultimate sin, getting caught.
It does not mean you are blessed from on high with holy revenge spirit.
Revenge my butt.

Hopefully Brady gets his fill of "revenge" this year and hangs 'em up, but with Belicheck running things Brady may be able to play until he's 53.
Awesome.

Almost everyone has 1 team they love and 31 they don't, but the continued success of the Pats is a testimony to their system.

I will pull for the Dirty Birds...but my money would go on the Pats.
That defense is legit.

I no longer have a NFL team, as I don't root for Las Vegas.
Born and raised in California just outside Oakland where I grew up idolizing this skinny kid from Alabama who played for Bear Bryant. Name of Kenny "Snake" Stabler.

I do have 25 custom made black bumper stickers coming in...LAS VEGAS TRAIDERS...which will get slapped on the window of my truck over the OAKLAND RAIDERS sticker. Really sucks them moving. Billionaires gunna' billion...what's a poor blue collar slob fan to do?

That is the other reason I'm a bit salty.

The CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS won't be moving....back to college ball!....;O)
Berkeley may never win, but those are great games to watch and a great atmosphere.
Kind of what the NFL used to be like.
01-24-2017, 09:47 AM,
(01-22-2017, 12:33 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Dan,

Don't take it to heart my friend, I thought it was an excellent thread and still is!

Lets see we got the Pac at the Falcons and Steelers Nation at Foxboro!

Even though some of the Pac is down with the flu, look for Rogers to be spectacular. He always just seems to get it done at the right time. Hail Mary or not!

As for the Steelers well no one in the AFC is better equipped to deal the fatal blow to the minutemen and who is their ex-Browns coach?, can't remember, forgot about him years ago, Oh well!

The Steel Curtain centered with Shazier (an Ohio State product), Beg Ben connecting with Brown and lets not forget Bell's running ability. He may even have a running clinic going.

Still some good football left. A Steelers/Packers Super Bowl, it could happen!

Ivan the Bigness:

I was pulling for your boys.  I think Bell leaving was a bigger deal then the announcers apparently did.  When I saw him on the sideline, not good.
01-24-2017, 10:01 AM,
(01-24-2017, 09:28 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: My apologies for over-reacting zap, I know you're a member, not some troll.

I don't recall him being a member or active on the CS series so I assumed he came out of the woodwork to post that up.

Well actually you are the NEW guy as I have been here about 8 years longer than you...  Big Grin

GO PATS!
01-24-2017, 10:07 PM,
(01-24-2017, 10:01 AM)Deturk Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 09:28 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: My apologies for over-reacting zap, I know you're a member, not some troll.

Well actually you are the NEW guy as I have been here about 8 years longer than you...  Big Grin

GO PATS!

And you have always been a Pats fan :-)
01-25-2017, 02:32 AM,
I do agree on the "why they needed to cheat".  comment. Its a sportsmanship issue for me. It irked me as well. Because they are so damn talented.
01-25-2017, 08:30 AM,
(01-25-2017, 02:32 AM)zap Wrote: I do agree on the "why they needed to cheat".  comment. Its a sportsmanship issue for me. It irked me as well. Because they are so damn talented.

I suspect money trumps sportsmanship every time!
02-04-2018, 05:47 AM,

Wink
02-04-2018, 10:25 PM,
Actually I have not watched a game since they started taking a knee during the anthem. You know what? I haven't really missed it at all. 
 I will  take a knee during the super bowl too.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
02-05-2018, 04:22 AM,
(02-04-2018, 10:25 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Actually I have not watched a game since they started taking a knee during the anthem. You know what? I haven't really missed it at all. 
 I will  take a knee during the super bowl too.

VE
+1 same sentiments, same action no super bowl today for me.