• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzB Demo info
03-17-2017, 12:01 AM,
RE: PzB Demo info

Well is more correct say "es mi primer dia"  Rolling Eyes

I hate that words that change one letter... 

you know you said I-mminent and we only have Fr-I-day  Whistle
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2017, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 06:56 PM by Strela.)
Guys,

Just wanted to mention we have had to delay the Demo release slightly. We had hoped to have it in your hands for the weekend, but have turned up a 'show stopper' issue that will delay us slightly. Not too long, but long enough to fix, validate and then recreate the game installer etc.

So sorry to all, but these things happen in software development and we did not want to do a hotfix after the fact.

Thanks,

David
03-17-2017, 07:24 PM,
Denial: no, not could be true no!!! Cry

Anger: ok, stop doing useless things like sleep, eat or drink and center in fix it NOW  Waiting2

Bargaining: ok, i have something in my left hand that is for you if release demo in weekend  2cents2

Depression: what i can do now??? maybe i need do something productive... even talk with my couple or even worst, go shopping with her O GOD NO NO NO NO NO!!!   Shark

Acceptance: ok, another week more is not the worlds end... what could go wrong with Trump in White House in a few days more???  Big Grin

Well, shit happend specially when you think all is working ok and nothing could break it... lets post bad news in other forum... expect they dont shoot me  Catapult
03-18-2017, 02:01 AM,
Xaver,

You're a funny man  Big Grin

Again apologies and maybe when we publish our tell all book the full truth will come out....  Helmet Wink

David
03-18-2017, 08:53 PM,
You dont know how much, i am so fun that put in big letters that demo release is on this weekend... and down, in smaller letters, no, sorry it suffer a little delay no demo on weekend  Jester

Ummm you plan publish a book of terror tales about game development??? only the most scary histories about burned HDs, deleted files with no security copy and OOBs with the wrong values and only notice it when you are introducing last value  Shocked

Demo is coming with a notes file??? i think scens are to diferent to give some orientation about the diferences between the scens... maybe we can see finally the fanatical nations rule implemented in game??? tested with japanese units... and maybe a banzai rule??? something like activate banzai made assault value double and disrupted units can assault BUT the defensive value reduced to 1/2 or even 1/4???

Well, expect all work fine and we can enjoy demo soon.
03-19-2017, 02:43 AM,
Looking forward to trying out the demo. Still haven't got a Panzer Battles title but will most likely get one in the future.
03-19-2017, 05:00 AM,
(03-19-2017, 02:43 AM)Aces8 Wrote: Looking forward to trying out the demo. Still haven't got a Panzer Battles title but will most likely get one in the future.

Thanks - and that's exactly why we want to get the Demo out so you can try before you buy.

We hope you enjoy it.

David
03-19-2017, 05:37 AM,
I will try out the demo desert scenarios for sure with an eye to future desert titles.
03-19-2017, 07:26 AM,
(03-19-2017, 05:00 AM)Strela Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 02:43 AM)Aces8 Wrote: Looking forward to trying out the demo. Still haven't got a Panzer Battles title but will most likely get one in the future.

Thanks - and that's exactly why we want to get the Demo out so you can try before you buy.

We hope you enjoy it.

David

Owning both PB titles I can say you guys did a fabulous job. 
Now churn out more titles and take my darn money! :)
03-19-2017, 06:24 PM,
For me the best way to sell the serie is saying when somebody ask me that if there are 2 battles in WWII that for me have less than 0 interest to play in a wargame these are Kursk and Normandy... but i buy both titles and like Kursk and have a lot of fun with Normandy even not playing it (creating scens for example, here with the variety in OOB you can do practically all you want).

I recomend people wait PzB demo and see if like or not the engine and if like it and dont have problems with Normandy buy it and well, have one eye in PzB3 (Crete+desert batttles until crusader???).

I feel serie could be much better when start covering battles-campaigns less know... even when the 3 well know remaining (Stalingrad-Market Garden-Bulge) or 4 if you include El-Alamein at the PzB scale looks interesting (even Bulge  Helmet Wink ).

I am curious about demo and the add of new content to expand it... specially with non covered actions in the big titles... i feel that demo could work very well testing future titles (and the OOB articles in WDS show interesting things).

Well, good luck with demo and lets see if we are burning it next week  Big Grin