• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzB Demo info
01-09-2017, 01:00 AM,
PzB Demo info
First of all, happy new year, i think i dont post this... to much  Cheers4 Big Grin2

Now related with thread... well, we are going to have demo in 3 months (expect all works fine and we have it earlier  Helmet Wink ) and we are going to see new and refreshing battles... and theaters in PzB serie, well, i want know if you plan do like with PzB2 and do a long term preview to teach us about new things to come, new rules, new scales, new armies...

I think that Tenaru battle is going to be scen to  Clues more because has an interesting combo... new theater, scale, armies... maybe new rules to (banzai??? ability limited in use like smoke that made japanese units assault with double value BUT with half defense maybe???) and terrain.... well the desert battle is going to be interesting here to.

And nothing more, waiting know more about demo... and if all the blog post about Budapest has something to see with PzB4... yes, still not PzB3 and i am thinking in PzB4.. what i can say i like serie  Big Grin2
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2017, 05:08 AM,
RE: PzB Demo info
No plans to tease the demo??? i am waiting post info about demo in other forum to continue my "conversion" of wargamers to true WWII semitactical wargame  Big Grin2

I think i fail posting the thread title, i forget some ???   i notice now it looks like a click bait Whip

PD: march is the month then??? testing are going fine??? banzai charges are working or Stuarts "meat grinders" are to hard to beat???  White Flag
02-20-2017, 09:38 PM,
Well, a little more info about demo via kriegsimulation blogspot (from the creator of Ukraine scen in demo and anther one).

The demo generated many interest in certain circles, like a lot the idea of a "free game" to try the serie and if is true that PzB is "coming out pretty soon" sure help a lot sell it and previous titles (and if you add DLCs for demo taking PzB1 and PzB2 content...).

I think do a preview of demo (that is coming "very soon") is interesting or even a DAR sure be very wellcome and generate more interest in demo and well, more people know it, download it and play it sure are going to buy titles... specially with PzB3 close hehehe.

When is out i am going to try the Pacific title even VS AI and maybe do an DAR the new scale could open room for a Pacific title, i allways liked see in PzC a title covering the Japanese blitkrieg with some what ifs to complete it (and at PzB scale is possible mix scens from Burma, Philipines, Malasia and what if Hawai invasion+San Francisco invasion).

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com.es/2...ot-of.html

well, now lets wait and expect be short  Waiting
02-21-2017, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 11:11 PM by Wodin.)
We will be publishing an article all about the demo shortly over at A Wargamers Needful Things

Will keep you all updated.
Send this user an email
02-22-2017, 09:16 PM,
Thaks for the reply and info.

Waiting it, expect all works fine and we can have demo in march, good luck.
02-27-2017, 01:33 AM,
More info about demo, the promised article is up

http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.uk...ttles.html

Interesting point is that the getting started scen is going to be Prokhorovka, it could be one of the 3 scens from PzB1 but looks more like a cut-off version because the 3 scens are masive, to much to bite in a introduction to serie (another good scen for enter in serie could be State Farm scen or from PzB2 the East of the Orne scen).

The Hannut scen looks interesting, maybe the more attractive in the relation terrain-unit density-inminent combat (not need a lot to start fighting enemy), Tenaru scen looks more like the smallest scen in terrain and more limited on this area but well, is the Pacific and Tenaru battle was far from be a brilliant tactical example... if you dont think on it in what never do VS an enemy stronger that is waiting you.

In general demo looks well balanced, maybe scens are to focus in the first part of war but DLCs could help expand it to late periods (in Europe and the Pacific) and mantein it as a good test ground, even i am curious to know if is possible port WWI fight to the engine using the arty system from FWW serie, maybe not to cover the trench masacre but good to cover more mobile actions and fronts (i think specially in midddle east that has interesting actions in medium to small actions for example) and other interwars battles (spanish civil war, Poland VS soviets... even play with what ifs).

Thanks for the info and well, waiting know more about demo and see how help to expand PzB to new areas.
02-27-2017, 01:59 AM,
Firstly, we're very happy that a few previews have started to circulate.

A couple of clarifications on what has been reported to date. The Prokhorovka ' Getting Started' scenario is actually the Kursk Getting Started scenario, just updated for the latest  user interface changes. There was also mention of 18 scenarios. A number of these are reference layouts of the various OOB's and hence not playable.

Finally, it was also mentioned that we're close to releasing PZB 3 after the Demo. That's not the case (unfortunately). We are making good progress on the game, but have added at least one more campaign which has added a ton of work. We also had to do a lot more work on the Demo than expected as we realised that it was time to create standardised component names, artwork and other generic factors. This meant quite a bit of rework.

We will keep all up to date on our progress.

David
02-27-2017, 04:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017, 04:11 AM by Xaver.)
I see, was to much have as getting started the monsters from PzB1 hehehe, maybe i find the getting started Pegasus more attractive for the demo because give new players more to do and teach that in game you can lauch troops into the battle from sky... and wiht no lights  Big Grin2

Expect not be a great the PDT??? problem... i imagine that Tenaru with new scale and the type of scen offer a big problem (in Pacific scens even with a smaller hex i dont see 2x the attack range for infantry interesting... 3x250 for me not necesary needs means 6x125... maybe more around 4 to simulate enviroment but MGs units could suffer less range restrictions but have a bigger fire range penalty) and well, to much new periods to test (lets see how perform armored combat in Hannut... i remember play it in PzC and was a weird experience).

PzB3... problems with a campaing that needs a loooot work... if i was a gambler i go with all for Crusader  Whistle

Well, do your best, i think are many guys waiting the demo and PzB3 to of course  Popcorn 2

PD: you plan add editor to the demo??? i am curious if is possible test "Rommel meets Tokyo Express" or "Rusia metal VS french paper" hehehe.
03-16-2017, 09:55 PM,
Hi, how Inminent is Inminent??? maybe tomorrow??? hehehe.
03-16-2017, 11:37 PM,
(03-16-2017, 09:55 PM)Xaver Wrote: Hi, how Inminent is Inminent??? maybe tomorrow??? hehehe.

Xaver,

I know your Spanish but it's 'imminent' not 'inminent'  Helmet Wink 

And imminent is just that.....!

David