• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WitE 2 and WitE discussion
12-22-2016, 01:43 AM,
RE: WitE 2 and WitE discussion
Looks like WITE 2 has the same air system as WITW but slightly tweaked.

"It does look a lot like WitW but things are improving. A big change in the control of air groups is the ability to group air units within Air Divisions. Air Divisions will allow you control the air units collectively. There is still work to be done but the screenshot shows T1 with the Air Division visible.

I'm not going to try and explain further but it does show how things have changed. "

-Red Lancer Matrix forums

[Image: WITE_2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2017, 02:13 PM,
Well I finally started my attack, Operation Black Sea, where my Pz's are being relocated to AGS. This will cost a ton of admin points but my aim is to eliminate the south completely and then swing north. Have so far transferred 1 pz corps from AGC on turn 1 to 6th army, AGS.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-07-2017, 02:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 02:39 PM by Gris.)
(01-07-2017, 02:13 PM)Weasel Wrote: Well I finally started my attack, Operation Black Sea, where my Pz's are being relocated to AGS.  This will cost a ton of admin points but my aim is to eliminate the south completely and then swing north.  Have so far transferred 1 pz corps from AGC on turn 1 to 6th army, AGS.

There is an excellent thread here on a Southern strategy at Matrix forums. Post #18 by The One talks about Manpower vs Industry. 

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4202504

Manpower is the Soviet's greatest asset, but also it Achilles Heels. Really interesting read. In the post it may not be clear, but he is talking about Soviet manpower multipliers. Rule 21.1.10.1.Manpower Production (Updated in patch 1.05.59)

Good luck with the offensive!
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
01-08-2017, 10:42 AM,
Hey Gris, do you have a turn guide for the Germans like you do for the Soviets? I know most of it is the same but some stuff is different, especially setting attachment levels at turn 1 and such.

I have noted that some German corps have heaps of artillery and such attached while others have nothing.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-08-2017, 11:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017, 11:25 AM by Gris.)
(01-08-2017, 10:42 AM)Weasel Wrote: Hey Gris, do you have a turn guide for the Germans like you do for the Soviets?  I know most of it is the same but some stuff is different, especially setting attachment levels at turn 1 and such.  

I have noted that some German corps have heaps of artillery and such attached while others have nothing.

I have an on going quick reference. The Axis are more "tactical" in nature, many of the production and logistic functions are written in stone so to speak. It contains more on the Soviets than the Axis, but worth a read. The Axis more is about learning how to attack and where than the Soviet turn sequence. As far as the support units, use Admin points to put them where you need them. Flak to HQ's if getting bomb, pioneers to attack a city, etc etc. I think when you read it, you will see what I mean. The Axis attack using phases over many turns, not turn by turn. 

I can email it to you, I am hesitant posting it here because I do not credit the original posters. Honestly I made it for myself. Some people do not mind sharing if given credit and I understand that. Without clearing it with one of the forum moderators, discretion maybe be the better part. I can send them a copy if requested.

So I have a mailing list and I can add you to it and send you a copy. I also send out the WITE charts with it I compiled. I send it out from time to time as I update it.

Send me your email and if any other members would like a copy, please PM me to keep the thread clean.

Hope this helps
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris