• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Special Markers Visual Enhancements
04-25-2017, 11:57 PM,
RE: Special Markers Visual Enhancements
(04-25-2017, 07:29 PM)Pepe Botijo Wrote: Gris,

Its awesome! I can see it very clear even when the counters are on. Thank you so much!

Another suggestion: Could it be possible some kind of skull or symbol inside the mines hexes? ie green skull for MinesX1; yellow for MinesX2 and red for MinesX3. In this way we could distinguish them better from obstacles and improved/trench/bunkers.

Yes, I put something together and post it.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2017, 08:07 AM,
Here is a sample, the screen gets busy, but you can sure see it  Big Grin

[Image: Skull%20Snapshot.jpg]

It that works for you, let me know, I have to put the zip and JSGME together and test it before replacing the zips.
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
04-26-2017, 11:56 AM,
A bit to busy for me. I'm using the last ones you posted, they look great, thank you.

if its not too much trouble, how do you mod those unit/symbol sheet graphics? I have several games that use the sheet graphics but damned if i can figure it out.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
04-26-2017, 12:42 PM,
(04-26-2017, 11:56 AM)budd Wrote: A bit to busy for me. I'm using the last ones you posted, they look great, thank you.

if its not too much trouble, how do you mod those unit/symbol sheet graphics? I have several games that use the sheet graphics but damned if i can figure it out.

Agree, busy for me too, waiting to see what Pepe Botijo says. If He likes em', I'll post them. Since they are visual enhancements I expect everyone is different and I will keep the ones you like too. If He doesn't, I can change the size or color or graphic. I can't see orange or red together, but the grays work for me. So hopefully something for everyone.

I use paint if I just want to change colors, using the fill tool. Normally if you right click and select edit it will open it in paint, but may depend on your settings too. For the bigger stuff I use GIMP. Paint is simple, but limited, GIMP has a learning curve.

Here is the link:

https://www.gimp.org/

I am sure there are others, even better, but they work for me. I just do basic stuff because I can't see very well anymore. The TOC forum has a lot of modders, so maybe asking in that thread would help too.

Glad you like them Budd, I will keep them up here.
04-26-2017, 07:03 PM,
Hey Gris,

Obviously it´s not the cup of tea of everyone but being sincere now I´m able to see clearly these small details Search2 . I can live with it. This mod is specially useful for large scenarios with loads of mines and trenchs, like those we usually find in Kursk and Normandy.

Thanks!  Smile
04-26-2017, 11:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 02:15 AM by Gris. Edit Reason: Update )
(04-26-2017, 07:03 PM)Pepe Botijo Wrote: Hey Gris,

Obviously it´s not the cup of tea of everyone but being sincere now I´m able to see clearly these small details Search2 . I can live with it. This mod is specially useful for large scenarios with loads of mines and trenchs, like those we usually find in Kursk and Normandy.

Thanks!  Smile

Hi Pepe Botijo,

Agree, I am glad it helps, I will put it together and post a zip. I have to test it prior and setup it up for JSGME. I will make all of them available so everyone can use what works best for them.

Thank you guys for the feedback. Trying to keep us all in the game!  Helmet Wink

Updated 26 Apr 17 and posted in first post for ease of use
04-27-2017, 06:28 AM,
Hey Gris,

Any thought to giving the Demo some love, too?
04-27-2017, 10:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017, 12:10 PM by Gris. Edit Reason: Update )
(04-27-2017, 06:28 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Gris,

Any thought to giving the Demo some love, too?

Hi Compass,

Good things you guys are here to keep my ducks in row, completely spaced the demo. I will put it together and post it.

Great catch!

Posted Demo Zip, let me know if there are problems, hope this helps.
04-28-2017, 12:16 PM,
Thank you sir, appreciate your work.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
04-28-2017, 01:21 PM,
(04-28-2017, 12:16 PM)budd Wrote: Thank you sir, appreciate your work.

Your welcome, Budd!