• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Special Markers Visual Enhancements
11-17-2017, 11:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2017, 01:05 AM by Gris.)
RE: Special Markers Visual Enhancements
17 Nov 17 - Updated Normandy symbols with new shallow mines and beach obstacles.

Now that I am going through all the beach landings in Normandy, I realized I miss the shallow mines and obstacles. This update only affects the Normandy zip. Kursk and the demo currently do not have any need for the symbols. If someone does need them for any reason, PM me and I will update them. In lieu the extra work is unnecessary. 

Mines are green and obstacles are blue.

[Image: Teller%20Mines.jpg]

See you on the beach!

-Gris
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2017, 02:27 AM,
Thumbs Up Thanks Gris!
11-18-2017, 02:48 AM,
(11-18-2017, 02:27 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Thumbs Up Thanks Gris!

Your welcome Compass Rose!   LOL
'Millions died or suffered in the mud of Flanders between 1914-18. Who remembers them? Even those with names on their graves are by now unknown soldiers.' - Mier Ronnen, Jerusalem Post, 1933 Gris
11-19-2017, 03:17 PM,
Hey Gris,

Great work mate!

Graphics mods are one of the strengths of Tillers titles and I remember going through three different iterations of Kursk before it was published. Ironically that changes again with the request for the ‘small graphics’ request for Normandy that became our latest default.

I probably spend more time than strictly needed on graphics and even now both PZB 3 in the desert and the refresh of PzC is pushing the creative juices. I’m particularly happy with how Panzer Campaigns is turning out.

The other advantage of 3rd party mods is that it gives us lots of ideas of what could be included officially, so don’t slack off we like the ideas being generated!

David
11-20-2017, 01:30 AM,
(11-19-2017, 03:17 PM)Strela Wrote: Hey Gris,

Great work mate!

Graphics mods are one of the strengths of Tillers titles and I remember going through three different iterations of Kursk before it was published. Ironically that changes again with the request for the ‘small graphics’ request for Normandy that became our latest default.

I probably spend more time than strictly needed on graphics and even now both PZB 3 in the desert and the refresh of PzC is pushing the creative juices. I’m particularly happy with how Panzer Campaigns is turning out.

The other advantage of 3rd party mods is that it gives us lots of ideas of what could be included officially, so don’t slack off we like the ideas being generated!

David
Hi Strela,

Your welcome and many thanks!

Completely agree. The ability to MOD the games is a definite positive. The graphic in PB was the hook that cause me to buy. So my reasons for modding were not to replace the original, I love them. Mine were to enhance so I could see more easily. When I came across Pine Tree's Mod I knew that is what I needed to help personally (not all gamers need too) and after collaborating with him, we have the current enhancements.

I have been following the work on PcZ (and PB). I personally am looking forward to the finished product. Very exciting.

This is also one aspect of the Blitz as a media we all benefit from. The sharing of ideas. I would more than likely never have seen Pine Tree's MOD, nor you, my enhancements. A win win for all.

See you on the beach!

-Gris
11-22-2018, 12:24 PM,
Added the Special Markers Visual Enhancements for PB North Afrika for anyone who would like to continue using the mods in the new game. The graphics in PBNA are fantastic and the number of sets you receive is amazing. With that said I did the basics. If there is one of the sets some would like let me know and we can give it a go. 

Again these are not tactical, and not meant to replace the fantastic graphics in PBNA for any other reason than this gamer is getting old:) 

If your on the fence for this game, another reason to buy, so easy to MOD!!!!

See you in the sand - Gris
11-24-2021, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 01:51 PM by Gris.)
Flash, Flash, Flash,

Compass Roads contacted me and brought to my attention the Mod wasn't installing correctly. I will post a complete fix after Turkey Day operations are completed.

To get you back in the fight right now, the WDS versions are pulling the bitmap files from the following directories. Copy your files there (always backup before you do). Previously they pulled from the map directory itself.

Kursk: Map\Russia
Normandy: Map\Europe
North Afrika: Map\Desert

I verified this as a working solution in my installed copies with the new WDS version.

Hold your positions Gentlemen, reinforcements are on the way.

I will see you on the beach.

Gris
11-27-2021, 06:25 AM,
The Kursk and Normandy mods have been updated to match the new WDS folder structure. The demo and North Afrika are WDS "compatible". If anyone finds an error or needs assistance, send me a PM.

Hope this help. Resume normal operations, the fight continues.

Gris