• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WF scenario
07-08-2016, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 09:03 AM by RedDevil. Edit Reason: game taken )
RE: WF scenario
Looking for some brave soul to play the German side of this against me as i already have a game going as the Germans and want to look at the allied side for issues.
message me or email
I will send you an slightly updated 1.1 file set.
Thanks

Dev

*** Game taken! Thanks
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2016, 04:19 PM,
(07-08-2016, 08:02 AM)RedDevil Wrote: On map:
I was just going to use local names from around my area, but I thought it would look better for the labels if they were at least Germanic. So I took a google map of modern Germany, picked the Elbe river and simply took names from the map from the left and right sides of the river, when I ran out of names, I moved eastward and just grabbed names off the map.

It's just a map I created out of the blue over 3 days, Sorry if this offends anyone.

offends definitely not, you asked for some feedback, the map is very varied it is good, but ok if not geographically correct
07-09-2016, 06:24 AM,
(07-08-2016, 04:19 PM)Fritzfarlig Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 08:02 AM)RedDevil Wrote: On map:
I was just going to use local names from around my area, but I thought it would look better for the labels if they were at least Germanic. So I took a google map of modern Germany, picked the Elbe river and simply took names from the map from the left and right sides of the river, when I ran out of names, I moved eastward and just grabbed names off the map.

It's just a map I created out of the blue over 3 days, Sorry if this offends anyone.

offends definitely not, you asked for some feedback, the map is very varied it is good, but ok if not geographically correct

Apologies Fritz, Didn't mean to seem impassive, Meant that I hope it didn't offend anyone living in that area that is  seeing a town that isn't even close by, suddenly show up on their doorstep as a neighbor and violating their territorial area on my map.  Smile

Cheers for the FB!
Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
07-10-2016, 01:15 AM,
If anyone plays this, DON'T use VV option, the visibility is already set to change throughout the scenario.
VV appears to be broken anyways IMO.

All other options should be ok to use

Dev
07-16-2016, 05:44 AM,
Update on some games of this scenario.
Currently I am on turn 20 of a simple move and bringing in reups solo and this is the jump map of that game

[Image: bridges%20turn20_zpsxs6aoi8p.gif]

Taking about 40 minutes for each side on 2dmap level 5
as you can see, the allies are pouring in, the axis are not LOL

There is another version that is ready to begin the SCN file creation with the following changes  and corrections listed below

Map:

- Release glitch for 9th armored Eng goes to woods in top left corner of map
- Release glitch choosing 1st AC shows up as 9th armored Eng, hoping these 2 items just SCN goof
-  road added @ Schumacher tannery thru wall to Rt14
- add road at 0-149 over to town at dirt road going to rt86
- added dirt road from Rt188  to RT 9 @291-31
- changed RT 9 to go west @282-27  & made road north dirt
-  Added bridge across Havel River @171-206   was no crossing on this river
-  added missing heavy bridge @239-85 / 240-84
-  Changed road from dirt to paved @ 0-129 to Einbeck    named rt63

OOB:
Allied
- Numerous fixes to Allied OOB, mainly leader purges and correct leader#'s put in for proper command. IE: no more level 4 leaders commanding COYs except specials.
- Added  AA units to US corps, there were none.
- Changed US Armored and Motorized troops to '44 instead of '42
- Changed Airborne HQs and Leaders to Foot
- Added 1 Arm'd brigade to 1 Can Corp
-  ENG Coy added to airborne brigades
- 50th AT removed Archers & replaced with Archilles, they were too slow
- Removed all on board aircraft
- Churchill tanks coming in double stacked with crocodiles on turn10 @ 0-180  -  7th arm'd/34th reg - Need entry setting changed
- changed Churchill tanks to Comets, they were way too slow!
- Added T34/43s REGs to Soviet INF Divisions

Axis
- Added 2 Extra heavy artillery REG to Army
- Numerous fixes to Axis OOB, mainly leader purges and correct leader#'s put in for proper command. IE: no more level 4 leaders commanding COYs except specials.
- Added 1 BATT to 726 Security REG
- Added ENG Coy to Para REGs
- All German Arty wagon transports changed to SDKz11
- Added Flak REG to II SS Korp, there was none.
- Added Flak COY to 1 Guards Corp, there was none
- Added extra BATT IVhs to Panzer REGs

Scenario:
- Changed  variable visibility settings to 1-4[1] 5-7[3] 8-20[6] 21-40[10] 41-140[15] 141-148[8] 149-150[4] 151-157[1]
- Add  not to use VV in description
- Description updated with version #
- Redoing REUP entry for both sides
- Added 80 flares, upped smoke to 400
- Initial on board units being redone for both sides based on ability to reach river in # turns
- ALL VP locations are now neutral, you don't own it until you take it.

More to come, will post next version up for the brave souls with no lives, who want to play it. Big Grin

Dev
07-20-2016, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 08:46 PM by RedDevil. Edit Reason: wording )
(07-16-2016, 05:44 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Update on some games of this scenario.
Currently I am on turn 20 of a simple move and bringing in reups solo and this is the jump map of that game

[Image: bridges%20turn20_zpsxs6aoi8p.gif]

Taking about 40 minutes for each side on 2dmap level 5
as you can see, the allies are pouring in, the axis are not LOL

There is another version that is ready to begin the SCN file creation with the following changes  and corrections listed below

Map:

- Release glitch for 9th armored Eng goes to woods in top left corner of map
- Release glitch choosing 1st AC shows up as 9th armored Eng, hoping these 2 items just SCN goof
-  road added @ Schumacher tannery thru wall to Rt14
- add road at 0-149 over to town at dirt road going to rt86
- added dirt road from Rt188  to RT 9 @291-31
- changed RT 9 to go west @282-27  & made road north dirt
-  Added bridge across Havel River @171-206   was no crossing on this river
-  added missing heavy bridge @239-85 / 240-84
-  Changed road from dirt to paved @ 0-129 to Einbeck    named rt63

OOB:
Allied
- Numerous fixes to Allied OOB, mainly leader purges and correct leader#'s put in for proper command. IE: no more level 4 leaders commanding COYs except specials.
- Added  AA units to US corps, there were none.
- Changed US Armored and Motorized troops to '44 instead of '42
- Changed Airborne HQs and Leaders to Foot
- Added 1 Arm'd brigade to 1 Can Corp
-  ENG Coy added to airborne brigades
- 50th AT removed Archers & replaced with Archilles, they were too slow
- Churchill tanks coming in double stacked with crocodiles on turn10 @ 0-180  -  7th arm'd/34th reg - Need entry setting changed
- changed Churchill tanks to Comets, they were way too slow!
- Added T34/43s REGs to Soviet INF Divisions

Axis
- Added 2 Extra heavy artillery REG to Army
- Numerous fixes to Axis OOB, mainly leader purges and correct leader#'s put in for proper command. IE: no more level 4 leaders commanding COYs except specials.
- Added 1 BATT to 726 Security REG
- Added ENG Coy to Para REGs
- All German Arty wagon transports changed to SDKz11
- Added Flak REG to II SS Korp, there was none.
- Added Flak COY to 1 Guards Corp, there was none
- Added extra BATT IVhs to Panzer REGs

Scenario:
- Changed  variable visibility settings to 1-4[1] 5-7[3] 8-20[6] 21-40[10] 41-140[15] 141-148[8] 149-150[4] 151-157[1]
- Add  not to use VV in description
- Description updated with version #
- Redoing REUP entry for both sides
- Added 80 flares, upped smoke to 400
- Initial on board units being redone for both sides based on ability to reach river in # turns
- ALL VP locations are now neutral, you don't own it until you take it.

More to come, will post next version up for the brave souls with no lives, who want to play it. Big Grin

Dev

Version 2-1st stage has been completed and is being playtested NOW.. Fellows, if you Downloaded v1 you will be "very pleased" with v2.  it's Fecking, and I mean FECKIN' AWESOME! :)  ok...    so I'm biased.... Jester

Anyone who DLed v1, here is v2.
I think you will find it's damn near ready to play as a team game with this release.  Ok, maybe some map changes might be needed , but very few.

~~~~~~~~ WARNING!:".... this is just a 10-14 turn preliminary file!!!!!!!! the real deal is just days away.. :)

I welcome ANY feed back guys..   ANY!!!!!.., before I release this as something worthy of your gaming time.
 I VALUE your gaming time guys, I really do! but you gotta tell me if it's crap or not!
But.. I thinkin' I got it!!! Big Grin

Dev

Attached Files
.zip   !!thebridgestestv2.zip (Size: 124.78 KB / Downloads: 6)
07-25-2016, 06:22 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: WF scenario
The Bridges v2.0 is ready to play.
Enjoy.

Dev

Attached Files
.zip   BridgesV2.0.zip (Size: 381.37 KB / Downloads: 4)
07-25-2016, 07:42 AM,
(07-25-2016, 06:22 AM)RedDevil Wrote: The Bridges v2.0 is ready to play.
Enjoy.

Dev

Congrats on getting it done! DO you think you will eventually enter it in the database?
07-25-2016, 08:00 AM,
it is entered
07-25-2016, 08:27 AM,
(07-25-2016, 08:00 AM)RedDevil Wrote: it is entered

Cool, didn't see  it.   RAIL GUN   HA,HA that's the Spirit!!