• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The love of music..
06-13-2016, 09:06 PM,
RE: The love of music..
Yup! Helmet Rolleyes
The "are you all right in there", followed by "it's that stupid game again". Witch Broom

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2016, 12:33 AM,
Nobody hears me *curse you scoundery bastages* when someone gets Beeitichin shot against me...

Kids are jamming to some pop Halo soundtrack and wife is downstairs face-booking her day to everyone..

I am all alone.. upstairs, behind closed doors... hence the heavy - drawn ou t- methodical - death metal theme when I'm killing you fools.. Rolling Eyes or being killed even.. .. YOU had best stop yer arse kicking, Wales..... I'm a gonna put the hurting on you son,..err Mark, SIR!......, there is no reason for you not to roll over and kick dirt pal....

I like all the oldies really, Floyd is prime for any time after work.. when the day is done  "I like to warm my bones beside the fire"  just as much as any of ya..

Grand funk.. err  well ok Ed    TEEHEE

Soap Box  Get on the post, lads... cannot believe you guys can't find the keyboard and actually post something worthy of a few minutes of your time.. Helmet Rolleyes

Ifn' neey you fellers jamming to the Bee Gees.. I understand yer reluctance to say so... Jester

Dev
Crazy
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-14-2016, 07:26 PM,
Hey GFR is OK by me, forgot about those guys, granted they are not Floyd but they were damn good as an American Band.....

A couple of weeks ago watched on Youtube, Mark Farner of GFR do a sweet live performance of Bad Time. Man he's in his 60's now but still looks ribbed, 2% body fat not the 30% fat from ole Ivan the Big here...

Hey Dev, here is a couple of more favorite bands from the wonderful 60's & 70's you may recall.

'member the 4 biker dudes who started a band out in California which eventually blossomed to eight members including Mike McDonald, Yes none other than the Doobie Bros. Saw them twice at Blossom Music Center south of Cleveland (Yeah it was the Summer, winter is to damn cold for an outdoor gig) good shows in both cases. Great Band!!

Four more California boys who as kids use to eat "Green River" Ice Cream north of SF somewhere. Their rendition of "I put a spell on you" is one of the best ever done IMO. John Fogerty and the CCR boys Oh man what a memory. Saw them in Cleveland Public Hall in 1969 & 1970. 10 rows back, Holy Shite!!
Fogerty's big amps, control box, peddles and two guitars I could just about reach out and touch them Fender Stratocast's.....

Man I was so young then, 15 and not a care in the world.

Funny I just remembered, I a friend of mine from long ago coming over one day and saying what do you want to do today to which I replied, Hey I got this new game about a week ago called Panzerblitz, do you want to give it a try?! It was 1971.

Well look where the hell that went!! Now its electronic Panzerblitz on super steroids (JTCS & CSME) against a bunch of old fossil's and crabby old farts.

I wouldn't trade all that for anything! Cheers4

Cheers!
ItB Cigar5
06-14-2016, 08:44 PM,
Current:

Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson
Tool
Puscifer
(pronounced "pussy-fur")

Going back:

I admit to "setting the controls for the heart of the sun" occasionally...and managed to see Floyd 4 times including one strange concert in Baden, Switzerland. We just rolled into town...no tix...no idea where we were going...and I spotted a VW van with a peace symbol full of Swiss Hippies...assuming such a thing really exists...and I yelled..."follow them!"

Next thing you know we were standing in a soccer field with 60,000 screaming Swiss, two freshly scalped tickets, and NON alcoholic BEER. WTF? Those Floyd fans...known rowdies...can't have them getting hammered...;O)

Then there was Zurich a year later...stood out in the cold snow and never got in to see Ozzie and Black Sabbath...but we remember the good experiences right?

Red Devil...if you're into metal...which I can only say I dabble in...have you checked out TesseracT?
They don't scream...the primal scream thing always put me off a bit...but I picked up "Altered States" and found it quite worthy. Be kind...as I said above...metal I only dabble in...;O)
06-14-2016, 10:06 PM,
Yes Randy, Grand Funk Railroad pre "American Band" pollution and the influence of Todd Rundgren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MYsii4DZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x6chChxzV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dzlT1ihN6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNyHUTjUKPM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsVZdF5OnSs

Obviously not metal but great rock and roll with a blues tinge.

Dan, I am with you on the "screamers". Like the music but the primal screams can be edgy. Voodoo Doll

HSL
06-15-2016, 08:20 AM,
yo silky, bro I'm only ribbing ya about GFR :) I have American band album on media player

I will admit I am very diverse in my music listening..

Roy Orbison.. best voice ever.. Elvis is close, but Roy just sounds so good

Celine Dion - wow.. this woman has a voice that just melts you

Redhot chili peppers.. these guys put music together

U2- bono song writing.. amazing..

Beatles.. good tunes .. Lennon knew his stuff

Judas Priest - Good rock and roll love that duo between Tipon and KK - who else had a duo that played like they did- and halford did hit some high end screams...

Pink Floyd- nothing else needs said.. I went to Philly for A Momentary Lapse of Reason concert in 1987- still have my tshirt- they played for 5 hours IN THE RAIN and we rocked. nobody beat these guys in their day.

Trans Siberian orchestra- Rocking Christmas in Hershey park PA- best stage show ever attended! They rock!

Whitesnake-.. errr.... well my wife lost her bra that night and it was on stage... :)

Mike curb congregation- burning bridges - Kelly's Heros theme song... " Burning bridges lost forevermore"... So many memories of our youth...

Metallica - If you can't stand them, you really didn't listen to them.. James Hetfield rocks and HE'S A FAMILY MAN... sure miss Cliff Burton.. but the gang is all arse kicking these days. NEW album out this year? HOPEFUL!!!

Triumph- Rik emmett can play a freaking guitar.. Allied Forces album.. yeh

Phil Collins- good ole boy here

Trent Reznor - dude makes songwriters cringe.. he really has a talent

Evanescence- what a voice she has..

Thubthumpin- this chick has a voice too...

Blue man group - Drumming your way into a good time- saw them live in Hershey Park, PA - great light show - coming back in 2016!

Mumford and sons - good bluesy stuff

ah well that's enough for this post :) got some tunes to rock on to....
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard