• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The love of music..
06-06-2016, 07:05 AM,
News  The love of music..
A long time ago, we posted what music we used to listen to while gaming..

Do you really listen to the CS music and sound effect any more?

HAHHAHAHAHAHA  Quit yer lying...
Big Grin What's the tunes these days that drive your Panzers towards certain death (or victory)?

Been a Metallica fan since 1984.. ROCK HARD!

nowadays... at 50, I'm listening to Type O Negative and Paradise Lost..  Go to you tube and check these fellows out before you laff at me..

Death Metal really hits the spot for wargaming and life after 50   Rolling Eyes

Dev.
Crazy
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 06:20 PM,
RE: The love of music..
Been a Pink Floyd and Zepplin fan ever since tricky Dick Nixon was in office. Wink  Flying Pig

At 61 I still go back to those bands a lot via CD and satellite. Guitar2  Drum

Nothing like Floyd's "Us and Them" when panzers top the hill to discover hordes of T-34's.

"Forward they cried from the rear and the front rank died!" "Generals sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side." Whistle

ItB Cigar5
06-06-2016, 06:25 PM,
(06-06-2016, 06:20 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Nothing like Floyd's "Us and Them" when panzers top the hill to discover hordes of T-34's.

"Forward they cried from the rear and the front rank died!" "Generals sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side." Whistle

HERE'S a little How-To to replace the game background music with tunes of your own.

At simplest, it is about converting your favourite tunes into OGG format, and then renaming them to replace some existing OGG music. Touching any parameter files is not necessary, unless you want to add more tune slots as what is available at default.

Band
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-07-2016, 12:10 AM,
My 2 Cents  RE: The love of music..
ITB.. Love Pink Floyd..  Nothing makes everyone in a room stop and listen when Gilmour goes into the solo for Comfortably Numb.. best of all time IMO... the heck with stairway to heaven's solo.. LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-07-2016, 02:33 AM,
I go with the game sound effects. TV on in the background. Today, it is Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. If I switched over to music, it would be anything I like to hear. Mostly from the 50s through the 80s with select individual songs after that. There are so many.....Ace of base, Elvis, John Cougar, BTO, ELO, Journey, Billy Idol, Bay City Rollers, Sweet, Oak Ridge Boys, Beach Boys, Bellamy Brothers, Boston, Bread, Traveling Wilburys, The Cars, Styx, KC and the Sunshine band, Kiss, John Denver, John Cafferty, Jimmy Buffet, IZ, Head East, Gary Wright, and many, many more. If it sounds good to me, I'll listen to it. :)
06-08-2016, 05:17 AM,
If I was playing a good naval game,  I'd probably be listening to the Victory at Sea sound track.   Thumb Up2

http://www.amazon.com/Victory-at-Sea-Ric...1_1&sr=8-1

As for land battle games, I have found myself playing with the TV on and my computer volume turned off.

Sometimes, if I find myself being easily distracted by the TV, I'll either mute it or shut that off, also.

From my POV, nothing beats having the windows opened and either listening to the birds chirping or listening to the wind blowing through the leaves on the trees!   Propeller Hat
 Windy

So no music for me! 

Guitar    Music Man   Maracas
06-12-2016, 10:33 PM,
I just listen to the battle sounds, no music. At 54 though, still like the Classic rock and heavy/Death Metal, but have also gotten into Dubstep/Drum-n-bass, Blues, Jazz, Funk and Alternative/New music! Anything but Gospel and Country, yuk!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM,
I enjoy old military marches while playing wargames.

Certainly Pink Floyd is an excellent background for these kind of games. When the tigers broke free (lyrics) is another good example.
06-12-2016, 11:26 PM,
If I am alone I crank up the battle sounds. Nothing like heavy artillery and the crack of an 88 to get the heart beating faster.
Though, I will also listen to old school Grand Funk Railroad, to 80's Iron Maiden, to more modern Rammstein (even coming to the site I may listen to Du Hast Rolling Eyes ).

Mostly though I have others in the house and I listen to no music and the battle sounds turned down. It takes my cursing, over my opponents great kicking my butt move, to break the quiet. Scared3

Farmer

HSL
06-13-2016, 02:45 AM,
LOL, I know Ed, my wife just loves it when I yell "are you &#@$'ing kidding me"!? when someone gets an adverse result on me!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/