• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best Game for Prussia ?
06-18-2016, 02:45 AM,
RE: Best Game for Prussia ?
Don, I am not sure if you are aware that the Blitz has their own 3rd party art mod section. 

Here is a direct link to just the NAP art mods:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=262

The NWC also has a art mod section located here:

http://www.wargamech.ca/wc/nwc/Club_Webp...hics_Mods/

If my memory is correct, the EzJax mods were the first really nice 3D Nap art graphics to come out.

After that Philippe came out with a really nice set, in which is modified them all several times.

I am 100% that all of the Philippe art mods links that the Blitz has, are the most current as I happened to recheck them all out a few weeks ago.

As to TFS, I am not sure what that is so I am not exactly sure what you are referring to.

Hope this helps you out some.
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2016, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2016, 04:11 AM by Don Czirr.)
[Image: comp_zpsh88skwd7.jpg]
(06-18-2016, 02:45 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Don, I am not sure if you are aware that the Blitz has their own 3rd party art mod section. 

Here is a direct link to just the NAP art mods:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=262

The NWC also has a art mod section located here:

http://www.wargamech.ca/wc/nwc/Club_Webp...hics_Mods/

If my memory is correct, the EzJax mods were the first really nice 3D Nap art graphics to come out.

After that Philippe came out with a really nice set, in which is modified them all several times.

I am 100% that all of the Philippe art mods links that the Blitz has, are the most current as I happened to recheck them all out a few weeks ago.

As to TFS, I am not sure what that is so I am not exactly sure what you are referring to.

Hope this helps you out some.
Send this user an email
06-18-2016, 04:25 AM,
Thanks Compass.

Replying to myself as it seems my posting into the same box with my image - killed my other text.

Anyways ... the image shows the difference between Leipzig default / Phillipe's latest mod and the graphics from the TFS demo and Waterloo.

Both look nice and are functional - only problem with the default Leipzig / Phillipe's mod is the size of the models ... older eyes like mine get quite a strain watching them after a while.
Send this user an email
06-18-2016, 07:39 AM,
Sorry I can't help you there as I almost exclusively play in 2d
06-18-2016, 09:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2016, 12:02 PM by Don Czirr.)
np KG - I prefer Panzer Campaigns / Modern Campaigns and just about everything else in 2D with NATO symbols.

Napoleonics and earlier I tend to favor models - as it gives a good miniatures feel.

Not a show stopper in any case - but I bought Waterloo as well to give my eyes a break at times. ;)

With the expansion pack - it seems to be quite a bargain as well.

I am interested in knowing - what you guys think about the Company Level alternative scenarios?

They seem appealing to me as there are many "quick battles" available from that category.

Do you play them or stick with standard scenarios ? or play both?
Send this user an email
06-18-2016, 07:38 PM,
I play the company level versions and enjoy them. The parameters are very different to the battalion level games.
06-19-2016, 03:03 AM,
Sounds interesting thanks.

Kind of reminds me of the smaller scale units they did for Budapest '45 in PC vs the other PC titles.

Will give both a try.
Send this user an email
09-14-2016, 06:35 AM,
I am very late on chiming in here. From April to September I have been constantly working on Marengo.

Yes, Leipzig was our tour de guerre I think of the series. It has the most battles of the large size and also a lot of medium sized scenarios too.

I got into miniatures when I was young and the Prussians of the X Corps in Russia were some of my favorites to fight with. My good friend, Kevin, taught me a great deal about them. He was one of the first players I knew to dispel the "The Prussians didnt skirmish" nonsense. At one miniature game he just calmly turned to me and said, "Bill, detach the back stand of the battalion and put them out as skirmishers." We were playing Empire III in those days. Bowden has some odd fascination with the concept that the French and British were the only ones to skirmish that much.

Now add to this - in the latest title, Marengo, the Kingdom of Sardinia had some excellent light troops. I learned this from a good miniatures friend, Mike Verity, who was one of the Historical Consultants on Marengo. Otherwise I was thinking of rating the KoS army as lower than normal. (the reason why they fell apart at the end of the 1796 campaign in Liguria was their supply situation was bad)

In Leipzig I had my hands full with just about every major and minor power in the wars. Even Spain was represented and the British. Lots of uniform research. A ton of looking into OBs.

The work on Leipzig helped a bit in 1814 but that title had its own hurdles. The OBs were harder to compose. A lot of OBs with just the names of the units and no strengths.

I hope by now you are enjoying Leipzig! It remains one of the best we have done so far! Largest Playtest Team, etc.
09-14-2016, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 08:07 AM by Don Czirr.)
Yep - playing Leipzig now.

I like playing the Prussians as my ancestors are from that area.

Not too happy about their morale / quality but you learn to manage.

It's one of those things where you are not bragging about being better - but instead, are proud to have your own unique nature.

Marengo is now on my shopping list but with Leipzig and Waterloo - I have so many scenarios to work through - it will be a while till I move onto the new game.

I'm so happy to see you guys continuing the development however - this is really an exciting event.

Good luck with sales for the new game !
Send this user an email
09-16-2016, 05:54 AM,
What was it about the morale values that bothered you? The Silesian Landwehr is rated higher than the rest of the landwehr which is what I felt was correct.

The Line regiments - well the Colburg and Leib were rated higher as was the Garde du Fuss.

Lots of opinions on the reserve cavalry regiments. From all I read they were not as good as the regulars. Lots of lancers in the Prussian army but they had not been completely trained by the time the war started.

French morale values are not great either. I thought it was a pretty good mix! French III Corps has some national guard regiments as does another corps. Saxon Corps has that French division that had penal units .... D rated

All I in all the team was happy with the morale ratings ....

Maybe you have some specifics you want to PM me about?