• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opfire issue
05-25-2016, 03:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 05:26 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Opfire issue
That's the thing, I don't have any issues with Op Fire on my W10 set up either nor do the other dev team members who own a W10.

Checked the Matrix JTCS Tech Support forum for any reported issues, none there either.

With W10 it seems there's more leeway than with older operating systems for these strange, user set up specific issues that cannot be replicated with other similar computer set ups? Sorry to hear you're having these problems, and hopefully the reinstall helps. Let us know!

Edit: Read again and realised you're using W7. I've got a W7 setup as well, and have not seen anything like this at all. Again, hopefully the reinstall does it.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2016, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 09:37 PM by Von Earlmann.)
(05-25-2016, 03:50 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: That's the thing, I don't have any issues with Op Fire on my W10 set up either nor do the other dev team members who own a W10.

Checked the Matrix JTCS Tech Support forum for any reported issues, none there either.

With W10 it seems there's more leeway than with older operating systems for these strange, user set up specific issues that cannot be replicated with other similar computer set ups? Sorry to hear you're having these problems, and hopefully the reinstall helps. Let us know!

Edit: Read again and realised you're using W7. I've got a W7 setup as well, and have not seen anything like this at all. Again, hopefully the reinstall does it.

The game it is happening in is after the turn ends for some reason. Maybe the file is getting messed up during the exchanges as mine is a 6 player team game. I only know that we tried to set global op fire at least 4 or 5 times( I set it and then sent file) and when our opponents play the turn we see all units firing at long and when opening the global opfire it shows all at long. It doesn't seem to affect units when you set them individually. Since it was my first ever game with win 10 I just naturally figured that was the problem.
05-26-2016, 04:50 AM,
Go figure, maybe something indeed happens when the file is in transit? Difficult to guess what that would be though...

Which scenario are you playing, I could try to set a mock H2H game between myself, and see if the Op Fire settings change between Axis / Allied turns.

You could perhaps try something similar: start a new game with your self, set op fire, end turn, play the other side, set op fire there, end turn, then switch to original side see if the settings are still there?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-26-2016, 10:12 AM,
A reinstall of the game seems to have fixed it, sort of. I would set a unit individually, then move another unit, then go back to the unit I set and it was back to the original setting. So then I just set all units (globally) to fire max distance, and then it seems that all units took this setting, and then I was able to set individual units, and those settings took. Enough to drive one crazy, but it seems to be working.
05-26-2016, 09:39 PM,
(05-26-2016, 04:50 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Go figure, maybe something indeed happens when the file is in transit? Difficult to guess what that would be though...

Which scenario are you playing, I could try to set a mock H2H game between myself, and see if the Op Fire settings change between Axis / Allied turns.

You could perhaps try something similar: start a new game with your self, set op fire, end turn, play the other side, set op fire there, end turn, then switch to original side see if the settings are still there?

48th at Kursk
05-26-2016, 09:40 PM,
(05-26-2016, 10:12 AM)Tankertony Wrote: A reinstall of the game seems to have fixed it, sort of. I would set a unit individually, then move another unit, then go back to the unit I set and it was back to the original setting. So then I just set all units (globally) to fire max distance, and then it seems that all units took this setting, and then I was able to set individual units, and those settings took. Enough to drive one crazy, but it seems to be working.

Yes, that's how I did it also.
05-26-2016, 10:12 PM,
(05-26-2016, 09:39 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 04:50 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Go figure, maybe something indeed happens when the file is in transit? Difficult to guess what that would be though...

48th at Kursk

To make sure, this one right: https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/the-...io&id=4223

I'll have a look at it as well. I've got JTCS on two machines a W10 desktop and W7 laptop, will try both of them.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-27-2016, 12:59 AM,
I just completed a quick test of the "** XXXXVIII Panzer Korps at Kursk" on my W10 desktop:

JTCS East Front II 2.02
PBEM
Fog Of War=ON
All Rules=ON
All Mods deactivated (playing the vanilla 2.02)

I played the PBEM for both sides for three turns, switching to various Op Fire settings, both per unit, and setting the global one. I also tested trying to set an individual Op Fire before doing anything else.

It all works for me.

I am sorry I have no idea as what's going on with your particular install. As detailed, can't even blame W10 as there's the W7 install having issues as well.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-27-2016, 01:20 AM,
(05-27-2016, 12:59 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I just completed a quick test of the "** XXXXVIII Panzer Korps at Kursk" on my W10 desktop:

JTCS East Front II 2.02
PBEM
Fog Of War=ON
All Rules=ON
All Mods deactivated (playing the vanilla 2.02)

I played the PBEM for both sides for three turns, switching to various Op Fire settings, both per unit, and setting the global one. I also tested trying to set an individual Op Fire before doing anything else.

It all works for me.

I am sorry I have no idea as what's going on with your particular install. As detailed, can't even blame W10 as there's the W7 install having issues as well.

It's ok as long as I can set individual unit op-fire........a bit tedious but at least it works :-)