• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
05-07-2016, 07:40 AM,
RE: F '14 Flanders campaign German reinforcements deployment issue
(05-06-2016, 05:04 PM)DaveMic Wrote: Volcano Man said "... I am trying to work on the next title .."
That's excellent news !!!
Volcano a little question.
I send you a few weeks ago an email via the blitz forum
to date no reply ..; (
Is it possible to add the names of French and German divisions commanders ??

Burroughs I wait your turn to crush your Teutonic offensive. ;)

Apologies, I guess I missed the thread.

Unfortunately there is no desire to go back and rename all the division HQs to their commander names. There was not enough time to devote this level of detailed research to both sides and there certainly isn't enough time to devote to it now. Sorry.

That said, during F14 development we did start out naming the division HQs but this was abandoned after we ran into problems with the length of the campaign, and the fact that many division commanders changed throughout the Aug-Nov conflict.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2016, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016, 07:58 AM by Volcano Man.)
(05-07-2016, 07:28 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: That said, if I have reinforcements arriving unprotected away from the map edge then this would certainly be a mistake on my part *and I want to know which units that arrive on what date to fix it*. So far, I couldn't find anything other than the unit I improved; all others seem to be protected. But did I miss something?

Going back, again, and reviewing the scenario and the original screen shot -- I don't think there are multiple German units arriving like this. It seems to be just the one brigade which was already improved for the next update. It seems to me like it arrived and units from it moved northeast.

This is the best I can determine - unless the German player in that scenario can state otherwise. So, if I haven't made a mistake in this observation then we can assume that the situation is now improved (with the on-map label reminding both sides that they are seen approaching the area on X date).
Send this user an email
05-07-2016, 08:18 AM,
Jim Carey to judge Stevens answering the question: Mr. Reede , can we proceed?

(painfully) : Yes, we can ... (Liar Liar)

Dennis Nedry to Dodgson: "Don't get cheap on me Dodgson. That was Hammond's mistake .." ( Jurassic Park )

Dennis Nedry to Hammond: "Thanks dad". ( same as above )

... and something from "The Bolt:

" ...by the way: huge fan. Love it, love you. Gotta go. Thank you. Bye bye".
05-07-2016, 08:22 AM,
That single regiment is surely annoying if it comes up behind your line but the solution provided seems enough, it's not like a whole corps shows up and totally spoils anything gain till now.

Some explanation in the readme for that scenario that makes the players understand that the blocked area south of the canal is already a static frontline would be helpful, it would make the players acknowledged that they have to stay in touch with that area and that it matters how far along that canal the frontline north of the canal shifts because that blocked area is not a save shoulder to lean on if you adance too far, it is an area where the enemy is standing and from where he potentially could come over to spoil any too far advance north of the canal.
I checked the scenario and there are some French units too that come in from the area south of the canal, they show up at 36,76 on the 25th so it's not only a problem with the German but afaik the course of the battle will make it very unlikely that those French units will be a problem.
05-07-2016, 10:29 AM,
(05-07-2016, 08:22 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Some explanation in the readme for that scenario that makes the players understand that the blocked area south of the canal is already a static frontline would be helpful...

I could probably put some text on the map (in the shaded area) that mentions it, like I did in other scenarios. I guess I just forgot to do that...
Send this user an email