• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Wacht am Rhein - Round 1
05-04-2016, 11:51 PM,
RE: The Wacht am Rhein - Round 1
Some of you may have noticed by now that your battle is only 1:10 instead of the requested 1:15. Just FYI the only workaround is to specify automatic force selection which I don't think we want :)

I have already reported the problem to BFC.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2016, 02:20 AM,
The question has come up about wind force. I had emailed the TD to resolve this privately, but perhaps it is worth mentioning here. I played the original turn (force selection) and returned them to my opponent, but he is now asking me to redo the force selection because the wind force is not the same in both battles.

I can't see a way to specify wind strength in the selection screen, unless I'm missing something? So even if i purchase my forces a second time, which I really don't want to do, there appears to be no guarantee the wind strength will be the same.

Should we just play the wind strength we are given, or will I be required to keep purchasing my forces until my opponent gets the wind force he thinks we should have? He's stated that it's his belief the scenarios should have the same wind force. I think it's fine if they are different, particularly if we have no control over it.
05-05-2016, 03:48 AM,
Ok, i'll reply here, rather to the PM, i guess it might potentially concern others, too.

The wind param is specified in the scenario editor. In this case, it was set to Gentle. I'm not aware of any method to override it in the QB's params screen. That being said, i tested it 3 times, 2 times i ended up with Heavy wind, once with Gentle wind. This means:

a) The game uses some sort of wind variation, although the exact param was specified.
b) There is a bug in the game.

Either way please go ahead with the games as they are. It would be quite a head-ache to redo the setups until you end up with the same wind type.
Send this user an email
05-05-2016, 03:56 AM,
Sounds good; we already resolved to go ahead.

Perhaps Ian can take this forward to BFC as well?
05-05-2016, 05:26 AM,
(05-05-2016, 03:56 AM)Michael Dorosh Wrote: Sounds good; we already resolved to go ahead.

Perhaps Ian can take this forward to BFC as well?

Good to see you back in CM circulation Mr D - still fondly remember some of your CMx1 scenarios and informative forum posts back in ye old days.
05-05-2016, 05:50 AM,
There is a thread over on the BFC site: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/1...nt-1670399

Any wind speed setting in the map is not respected by the QB - it has always been thus. There appears to be a randomness to the wind speed. I did not test enough to really tell what kind of distribution there is but Heavy did not come up too often.

There is no way to control the wind speed.

We could ask for an enhancement to allow setting the wind speed in the QB setup screen - they did just add the ability to specify the ground cover separately from the weather which allows clear skys but snow covered ground.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-05-2016, 12:24 PM,
Raz. Sent you a PM. HvF thought this was a CMBO tourney. I will need another opponent. Thanks.
05-06-2016, 04:41 AM,
(05-05-2016, 12:24 PM)eniced73 Wrote: Raz.  Sent you a PM.  HvF thought this was a CMBO tourney.  I will need another opponent.  Thanks.

I just sent a PM to his potential replacement. As soon as i have his confirmation i'll announce who your new opponent is.
Send this user an email
05-06-2016, 06:41 AM,
Ok, the confirmation arrived.

eniced73, Elltee is your new opponent, please get in touch with him to start the games.

Good luck to both of you :)
Send this user an email
05-11-2016, 04:41 AM,
(05-06-2016, 06:41 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: Ok, the confirmation arrived.

eniced73, Elltee is your new opponent, please get in touch with him to start the games.

Good luck to both of you :)

I realize that I am very late to the draw here - but if you need further reinforcement players for any reason, I would like to throw my hat into the ring. 

Cheers,