• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which jet looks the meanest (aggressive) to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CF 105 Avro Arrow
0%
0 0%
F4 Phantom
45.45%
5 45.45%
ME 262
18.18%
2 18.18%
F14 Tomcat
9.09%
1 9.09%
Mig 17
0%
0 0%
Mystere
0%
0 0%
DH 110 Vixen
18.18%
2 18.18%
Aeritalia G.91 (Gina)
0%
0 0%
SU 37
9.09%
1 9.09%
Mig 21
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: meanest looking fighter jet ever built?
05-02-2016, 05:11 AM,
RE: Poll: meanest looking fighter jet ever built?
Now THIS looks like it means business, a pure bird of prey:

[Image: 1280px-F-4G_F-4Es_52TFW_1984.JPEG]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 06:06 AM,
Boy the Blitz is one dead place now; a poll like this use to garner 30 responses. Might be time to bring in the cat.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-04-2016, 08:47 AM,
(05-04-2016, 06:06 AM)Weasel Wrote: Might be time to bring in the cat.

Now you are talking! That is one pretty airplane...

[Image: pby-catalina-flying-boat.jpg]

tee hee  Devil Propeller Hat
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon." Horatio Nelson.
05-04-2016, 08:50 AM,
Hope those guys are wearing brown pants since they have two engines out!   Propeller Hat

Good old PBY's !!! Thumbs Up
05-05-2016, 10:52 PM,
Well my points will always be directed in air to air or ground support in terms of the best..

A10- the best ever for ground support and simply killing anything that moves on earth... nothing has ever been made to succeed this beast and the Air Force cannot bring themselves to shut it down.. nothing compares or beats this out in the modern day age of jet power.. my grandmother built these planes at the Fairchild plant in Hagerstown MD in the 60's, I have her certificate of achievement, as well as my wife's grandmother's certificate, and I am proud to say to anyone who says these planes were junk to kiss the dark side of my moon... this plane kicks serious ass...

Tactical fighter- air to air... I'm still a big fan of the F18 Super Hornet, this is the bastard of the US air fleet.... but I will cast my vote for the ME 262.. having touched one at the Smithsonian museum in Washington DC, illegally of course, I crossed the line and put my hands on that fecker! Not a fan boy, but damn that was an impressive plane for the era and anyone who flew one was big balls Bernie! One can only thank Adolf for being an idiot and keeping them from general production in 1942.... This was an impressive jet fighter and it had beautiful lines and it was a force to be reckoned with. With just a few thousand of these... very subtle thoughts to keep us at mind's end on how things might have ended up...

I do like the F14 for its' superiority in the 80's, but it was just not a pretty plane... :) effective.. very... but not pretty in terms of design.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-06-2016, 07:11 AM,
[Image: gripen.jpg]

Whistle Whip you forget the swedish gripen
05-06-2016, 08:20 AM,
Yeah, that puppy looks like it means all business.

I had 100s to choose from.
05-12-2016, 09:31 PM,
(05-05-2016, 10:52 PM)RedDevil Wrote: I do like the F14 for its' superiority in the 80's, but it was just not a pretty plane... :) effective.. very... but not pretty in terms of design.

I went for the Su 37 because that one looks much much meaner than it is (due to poor Avionics).

VERY close second is the F-14 - I just love the looks of it... Funny how different tastes can be.

We do agree on the A-10 looking like the ultimate a$$-kicker, though.
I have a model of it with gear up, dangling from the ceiling. I just couldn't build it grounded as it ruins the appeal of it, coming directly at you with its eleven hardpoints full of ordinance. Big Grin2
05-13-2016, 08:04 AM,
I was able to see some A10s attacking targets when I was at Fort Drum, pretty cool.
05-13-2016, 11:37 PM,
I have sat in the cockpit of an A10 back when they used to have "Family" day over at the local Hagerstown Plant and we all went over for the bouncy moon walk ride and as many hotdogs as you could eat without puking and touch the planes that make America a world power.. Amen Ronnie Reagan.. ok so I'm biased.. where was your country in the 80's :)

I wish they had cell phones back then so I could have taken a picture.. I am old yes.. almost qualify for an "I am an old fecker license"@ 50 come August.. but we had to rely on 35mm... and no kid was allowed to handle one of those

I can still remember gripping that joystick.. and I ain't talking about mine... and having those fantasies.. err not those fantasies... you dirty minded pedophiles... but the ones that make you the Red Baron.. and the rest of the world is in your crosshairs.. boy ... were we some thing back then..
we grew up in an age where the world wasn't such a horrible place, just Us vs the Reds.... now I have some folks from Europe I am proud to say are not commie loving take over the world types, but just people who really are fun loving drink up and party til we puke and lets all get along pals. Wow... has the world changed in the past 20 years? and look who the enemy is.. sometimes it's a look in the mirror, but most times it's someone else that we thought it was not.

strange and fickle world...speak, but don't be heard, act, but don't do a thing, fear the children, they will decide. ok so I'm off the wall here ... muwahhhahha

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard