• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which jet looks the meanest (aggressive) to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CF 105 Avro Arrow
0%
0 0%
F4 Phantom
45.45%
5 45.45%
ME 262
18.18%
2 18.18%
F14 Tomcat
9.09%
1 9.09%
Mig 17
0%
0 0%
Mystere
0%
0 0%
DH 110 Vixen
18.18%
2 18.18%
Aeritalia G.91 (Gina)
0%
0 0%
SU 37
9.09%
1 9.09%
Mig 21
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: meanest looking fighter jet ever built?
04-30-2016, 04:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 12:37 PM by Weasel.)
Poll: meanest looking fighter jet ever built?
Trying to get some life into the boards and we haven't done general polls in a long time so thought I would get one going.  Pick the jet that looks the meanest/toughest to you, one that just looks like it was made for fighting; like a heavy weight fighter entering the ring, you see it and go "oh crap".
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2016, 06:55 AM,
RE: Poll: Best looking fighter jet ever built?
I understand that you are constrained by the board to only 10 choices, BUT I find it strange that you include two aircraft that never went into production! Especially as you leave off some VERY pretty aircraft!

Where is the F-16? Blackburn Buccaneer???? Mirage? <---- ALL better looking than the 10 you list (IMHO)

Of the polled choices had to choose the Sea Vixen a beautiful aircrft!
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon." Horatio Nelson.
04-30-2016, 10:15 AM,
(04-30-2016, 09:16 AM)Weasel Wrote: I didn't say pretty aircraft, I said aircraft that look like they mean business.   Geez man, it is just for fun!  Where is your poll?  Some people have to complain about everything.

It wasnt a complaint - merely an observation/discussion! wasnt that the whole point of the thread to "get some life" on the forum? ...
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon." Horatio Nelson.
04-30-2016, 12:22 PM,
My two all-time favorite looking jets are both from the Korean War.

Grumman F9F Panther

[Image: f9f-4.jpg]

North American F-86 Sabre
[Image: f86-19a.jpg]
04-30-2016, 01:36 PM,
(04-30-2016, 12:22 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: My two all-time favorite looking jets are both from the Korean War.

Grumman F9F Panther

[Image: f9f-4.jpg]

You like the panther?  I thought about it but it doesn't exactly strike fear into you.  The F86 is awesome, but I didn't want to make the poll all US.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-30-2016, 05:30 PM,
Since the poll says best looking I like Scorpios comment as a nice addition to the conversation.
[Image: exercise.png]
04-30-2016, 06:22 PM,
Sea Vixen for me, I might be a bit biased as I used to work for DH.
05-01-2016, 12:32 PM,
(04-30-2016, 06:55 AM)Scorpio_Rocks Wrote: I understand that you are constrained by the board to only 10 choices, BUT I find it strange that you include two aircraft that never went into production! Especially as you leave off some VERY pretty aircraft!

Where is the F-16? Blackburn Buccaneer???? Mirage? <---- ALL better looking than the 10 you list (IMHO)

I see after reading this again I over reacted and I do apologize.  I have been in a bit of a bad mood lately but that is no excuse.    My poorly written poll question was suppose to be "which aircraft do you think looks the meanest, like it means business"; in non-fighter terms I would go with the A10, all aggression that one is.

Sorry once again.
05-02-2016, 03:18 AM,
(05-01-2016, 12:32 PM)Weasel Wrote:
(04-30-2016, 06:55 AM)Scorpio_Rocks Wrote: I understand that you are constrained by the board to only 10 choices, BUT I find it strange that you include two aircraft that never went into production! Especially as you leave off some VERY pretty aircraft!

I see after reading this again I over reacted and I do apologize.  I have been in a bit of a bad mood lately but that is no excuse.    My poorly written poll question was suppose to be "which aircraft do you think looks the meanest, like it means business"; in non-fighter terms I would go with the A10, all aggression that one is.

Sorry once again.

Thanks - no worries! Smile

And you are completley right for pure aggression in looks the warthog takes some beating! (flown by "Fighter" squadrons so isn't it a fighter?)
05-02-2016, 05:08 AM,
RE: Poll: meanest looking fighter jet ever built?
The A10 is a designated ground attack, close air support against helicopters. But if you want you fly the A10, I'll take the F18 and we can see who comes home :-)