• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBN 3.0
04-26-2016, 10:34 AM,
CMBN 3.0
Before I renounce Battlefront once and for all and go back to board games, does anyone know how to determine if CMBN is running the 3.0 game engine?   With the new CMFB it says in the bottom right corner when you first launch the game that you're running Game Engine 3, but I don't see any way to tell with CMBN.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2016, 06:56 PM,
RE: CMBN 3.0
(04-26-2016, 10:34 AM)Jobu88 Wrote: Before I renounce Battlefront once and for all and go back to board games, does anyone know how to determine if CMBN is running the 3.0 game engine?   With the new CMFB it says in the bottom right corner when you first launch the game that you're running Game Engine 3, but I don't see any way to tell with CMBN.

My version of CMBN it says it is game engine 3 in the bottom right hand corner of the menu screen.
04-26-2016, 07:30 PM,
Yeah, mine too. It's says v3.12 and under Game Engine 3.
Send this user an email
04-27-2016, 12:13 AM,
What they said. @Jobu88 if yours does not that means you are not running the v3 engine. The best way to get up to date is to download the all in one (10Gb) installer that is available from the download link of your V3 upgrade store purchase. After you run that you are done (or nearly done). At some point that install will be updated to 3.12 but I do not know when that will be. The last time I checked it was 3.11 and if it still is 3.11 then you have to install the 3.12 patch separately. So, the process is simple.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
04-29-2016, 05:02 AM,
I upgraded to CMBN v3 engine but will my CW and MG expansions still work as they say they need v2 engine!
04-29-2016, 05:54 AM,
Is that a question? Because there is no question mark...

If it is: yes they will work, consider them a part of the game which will be upgraded as any other part of it.
Would be pretty detremential for Battlefront if their upgrades would render older content useless, wouldn't it?