• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Windows 10 file problem
02-16-2016, 06:16 AM,
RE: Windows 10 file problem
Hard to tell, since I don't have an issue, so it is just my best guess. At least worth trying, it does seem to happen to people, but I haven't seen anything explain why. I think, based on the solution, that the game folders are owned by a different user account than what is being used when using the computer, for whatever possible reason.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2016, 07:22 AM,
Looks like the problem was found:
http://wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic....=4#p108272
02-19-2016, 08:47 AM,
So zipping the file is the way forward it seems?
02-19-2016, 12:56 PM,
It seems, I can't confirm it because I don't have this problem but from what is written there I would say it's a classic "Gates".

The real lesson out of it is what is always was, don't use an MS product if you can use anything else.
Just because you run an MS system it doesn't mean that you have to use any of the other software that MS made, for anything there are multiple other and better solutions.
Office? LibreOffice
Outlook? Thunderbird
Internet Explorer? Firefox
Explorer? Total Commander
Windows Media Player? ZoomPlayer
etc.

Another lesson is, don't apply the updates just because WindowsUpdate is screaming about them as soon as they go live. The real beta test of these updates happen when they go live and anyone who jumps on them within the first 4 weeks is nothing else but a beta tester, anyone should be aware of this and if you really have to go that way then at least make a backup before applying these updates.