• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity
02-20-2016, 08:14 AM,
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity
Nope. Do you really want it to not delete files and fill up your game folders and drop box? If it is something that people really want I could make it an option but so far no one has asked for it.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2016, 06:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2016, 06:54 AM by Volksgrenadier.)
I cannot speak for others, but I'd definately prefer to delete my PBEM files on my own - or not.
In the current situation by supporting a problem with a gamefile, if I hadn't done a manual gamesave, the file would have been lost...
02-21-2016, 06:55 AM,
Any news on the inspection?
02-21-2016, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2016, 08:30 AM by Panzer Lehr.)
I use CMH and all files go to my trash and are not deleted unless I empty the trash. They are easily recovered from there.
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
02-21-2016, 11:56 PM,
I don't use CMH, I use WTII.
02-22-2016, 05:07 AM,
(02-21-2016, 11:56 PM)Volksgrenadier Wrote: I don't use CMH, I use WTII.

and WTII empties the trash folder?
To The LAST Man, with the LAST round ... We FIGHT!!![Image: CM.png]
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
02-22-2016, 10:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016, 10:42 AM by Volksgrenadier.)
No. That it deletes them permanently is already too much for me.
02-23-2016, 02:12 AM,
The next version will use the trash folder so you can retrieve them. I also will consider adding an option to not delete files. I am not sure when those will be available - I'm having fun with a couple of hard issues at the moment.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
02-23-2016, 03:23 AM,
That's great to hear.

Hard issues NOT to delete files? Spaghetticode instead of OOP? Big Grin

Are you interested in improving WTII further? Here's another suggestion: not only checking for PBEM-files, but also check for available (open)word-documents in the folder (plus ability to launch the conversation-file from within WTII).
02-24-2016, 12:56 AM,
No, hard issues unrelated to deleting of files - setup, Mac and an annoying bug related to setting up new game installs.

Cool then you will be happy with version 1.1 because it has support for messaging - either CM helper's format or a plain text file.