• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity
02-24-2016, 02:21 AM,
RE: CMRT Pz.IV spotting insanity
(02-24-2016, 12:56 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: No, hard issues unrelated to deleting of files - setup, Mac and an annoying bug related to setting up new game installs.

Cool then you will be happy with version 1.1 because it has support for messaging - either CM helper's format or a plain text file.

These text-only files do not allow to post screenshots. I think it's not good. No need to invent the wheel, when it is already available with standard word-formats.
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2016, 03:51 AM,
Interesting. Are you using word for communicating with your opponent? I have been for a long time communicating with a .txt file with several opponents. I wanted to add a simple messaging service to WTII that fit into that.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
02-24-2016, 04:28 AM,
If they do not use email, ofcourse.
Quote:I have been for a long time communicating with a .txt file with several opponents.
Which means not sharing screenshots, vids or pics, not even being able to format the text.

Quote:I wanted to add a simple messaging service to WTII that fit into that.
For what reason?
What is more simple than using an external application which is doing the task much better, than anything you could ever achieve with a proprietary solution?
02-25-2016, 01:20 AM,
(02-24-2016, 04:28 AM)Volksgrenadier Wrote:
Quote:I wanted to add a simple messaging service to WTII that fit into that.
For what reason?
What is more simple than using an external application which is doing the task much better, than anything you could ever achieve with a proprietary solution?

Not creating a proprietary solution - just using a text file and viewing the contents of same in the app - you select the game you see the message file.  Easy - nothing proprietary

I am however going to also support the proprietary solution that CMH uses since so many people are also using that.

As for reason - I have had several requests to be able the have text chat between players.  You are the first to ask for something that allows sharing of formatted text, graphics.  If I get other people asking then it will move up in my work queue.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
02-25-2016, 02:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2016, 02:11 AM by Volksgrenadier.)
Quote:Not creating a proprietary solution - just using a text file and viewing the contents of same in the app - you select the game you see the message file. Easy - nothing proprietary
Contrary to opening a doc-file instead of computer stoneaged txt-files...

Quote:You are the first to ask for something that allows sharing of formatted text, graphics. If I get other people asking then it will move up in my work queue.

I don't ask for it, I just made a proposal for a much better solution and extremly simple programming solution for you.

Stay with your plan opening *.txt files, since nobody has asked for it. Creativity seems not to be your strenght.