• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Manual to be Updated
02-28-2016, 09:49 AM,
RE: Manual to be Updated
(02-28-2016, 05:09 AM)kolc Wrote: Regarding "on foot"...I noticed some units will not go to "on foot" status. In the examples I am thinking of the units do not have a vehicle behind them in their unit icon...does that mean they are always "on foot?"

Yes, they are always on foot therefore the "on foot" status does not show.

From the Main Program Help File page 5:

Selecting Go On Foot will convert selected Mechanized or Motorized Infantry units to the On Foot status where they will be treated as foot infantry.

From User Manual page 27:

[Image: On%20foot.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-29-2016, 08:19 AM,
Could be me, but I have taken Mechanized or Motorized Infantry units and converted them to "On Foot". But the next turn and more they can't get back into the carriers. Game says "Not enough Carriers" for the units. Huh????
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
02-29-2016, 09:08 AM,
(02-29-2016, 08:19 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Could be me, but I have taken Mechanized or Motorized Infantry units and converted them to "On Foot". But the next turn and more they can't get back into the carriers. Game says "Not enough Carriers" for the units. Huh????
Just to clarify,you mean you have foot infantry,carried by a on map carrier unit.
The scenario designer can create an overload situation,for example,in the totalize scenario,4 Kangeroo's carry a full strength infantry company. Just like you say,if you unload,you can't pick them up again.

Don't quote me on this part... There is a set number of men you can carry per vehicle,regardless of the size of the vehicle.I think its 10 or 12.

Much talked about before release.
02-29-2016, 09:49 AM,
(02-29-2016, 09:08 AM)Kuriltai Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 08:19 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Could be me, but I have taken Mechanized or Motorized Infantry units and converted them to "On Foot". But the next turn and more they can't get back into the carriers. Game says "Not enough Carriers" for the units. Huh????
Just to clarify,you mean you have foot infantry,carried by a on map carrier unit.
The scenario designer can create an overload situation,for example,in the totalize scenario,4 Kangeroo's carry a full strength infantry company. Just like you say,if you unload,you can't pick them up again.

Don't quote me on this part... There is a set number of men you can carry per vehicle,regardless of the size of the vehicle.I think its 10 or 12.

Could be. This unit went on foot and now there isn't enough carriers for them to remount. Is it me?

[Image: PB1_zpsu4ado2yz.jpg]
02-29-2016, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-29-2016, 10:34 AM by Kuriltai.)
(02-29-2016, 09:49 AM)Richie61 Wrote:

Could be. This unit went on foot and now there isn't enough carriers for them to remount. Is it me?

The above unit should remount automatically when it stacks with its higher headquarters.No message about a lack of carriers applicable.
02-29-2016, 10:54 AM,
(02-29-2016, 09:49 AM)Richie61 Wrote:

Kuriltai is right - these units will remount if stacked with their immediate HQ.

I just tested this using Epsom Day 4 and it is working as expected.

Were you trying to load the 'on foot' unit onto dedicated carriers? What scenario were you trying this in or was it one of your own?

If you were trying to load the above unit into dedicated carriers I'd expect a different error message - but I need to know more of what you have tried to do.

David
02-29-2016, 11:09 AM,
(02-29-2016, 09:49 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Is it me?

Yes, it is always you!   Propeller Hat
03-02-2016, 06:08 PM,
There are a few things that are mentioned in the manual where I'm not sure if they still apply in PB, like if the bridging engineer bridge operations are modified by the unit having fewer than 100 men.

This is the case in PzC, but I have some doubts if it's still the case in PB as I've seen bridges being constructed remarkably quickly in some games thus far and bridge engineer units using the same transportation type tend to be platoon sized (for example: a US armored division might have a company of bridging engineers, but two of the platoons are motorized and one is mechanized).

Richie61: if you try to load On Foot units that normally have organic transports into vehicle units, you'll get an error that only Foot units can be carried as passengers. This is somewhat confusing, but it is explained in the manual.

I get that error (not a pop up, it appears in the lower left side of the interface) both when I try to load On Foot units into combat vehicle units and dedicated transport vehicle units.
03-02-2016, 07:02 PM,
(03-02-2016, 06:08 PM)ComradeP Wrote: There are a few things that are mentioned in the manual where I'm not sure if they still apply in PB, like if the bridging engineer bridge operations are modified by the unit having fewer than 100 men.

This is the case in PzC, but I have some doubts if it's still the case in PB as I've seen bridges being constructed remarkably quickly in some games thus far and bridge engineer units using the same transportation type tend to be platoon sized (for example: a US armored division might have a company of bridging engineers, but two of the platoons are motorized and one is mechanized).

Richie61: if you try to load On Foot units that normally have organic transports into vehicle units, you'll get an error that only Foot units can be carried as passengers. This is somewhat confusing, but it is explained in the manual.

I get that error (not a pop up, it appears in the lower left side of the interface) both when I try to load On Foot units into combat vehicle units and dedicated transport vehicle units.

ComradeP,

You're correct. There are a number of things that are hold-overs from the original PzC manual that I don't believe apply. I've been working through those as I review the manual. I am making progress on that, but am doing a number of tasks concurrently while trying to do a 'real' job as well.

I'll share more soon.

David
03-02-2016, 11:09 PM,
David,

This is the text (under image) I get. I am going to send you the file. Hex 12,3.

[Image: PBN-1_zpsehmq82fk.jpg]