• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Manual to be Updated
02-14-2016, 02:10 AM,
Manual to be Updated
Hi Guys,

I have seen lots of comments that there is a heap of things either missing or poorly explained in the manual(s).

Can you please list them in this thread and I'll try and update the game manuals accordingly (maybe even in time for the patch!).

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2016, 02:58 AM,
RE: Manual to be Updated
1) What causes units to become Isolated and what need to be done for them to get out of being in Isolated status.

2) Explain what it means when a unit shows having 3 Hard and/or Soft Numbers which means a unit’s minimum range for that fire type – so it can’t shoot at adjacent hexes, as the min range is 2, etc.

3) Good Explanation of Smoke:  Smoke only blocks when fired THROUGH a hex.

Thanks
02-14-2016, 05:15 AM,
"3) Good Explanation of Smoke: Smoke only blocks when fired THROUGH a hex."

I will add:

Also note that units can fire along the hexside of a smoke hex so this greatly reduces the hexes affected by the smoke.

4. Use the starting scenario to show the cumulative effects of terrain (as in Kraut's Corner where they can be hit from only ONE hex with any effectiveness).
02-15-2016, 05:56 PM,
Unless I'm missing it elsewhere, what the different coloured range rings mean when in maximum range view.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
02-17-2016, 11:14 PM,
Hi

I know most of the info is available within the body of the manual and/or the pdt already .... but I would like to see, what in the "old" days, used to be called a consolidated "terrain effects chart" - encompassing movement costs and modifiers for different classes of unit, plus hexside and other defensive modifiers presented in a tabular form.

Cheers

Chris
02-18-2016, 12:12 AM,
(02-17-2016, 11:14 PM)Hadge Wrote: Hi

I know most of the info is available within the body of the manual and/or the pdt already .... but I would like to see, what in the "old" days, used to be called a consolidated "terrain effects chart" - encompassing movement costs and modifiers for different classes of unit, plus hexside and other defensive modifiers presented in a tabular form.

Cheers

Chris

That's a good idea Chris. Let me see what I can do....

David
02-18-2016, 12:20 AM,
(02-15-2016, 05:56 PM)Pinetree Wrote: Unless I'm missing it elsewhere, what the different coloured range rings mean when in maximum range view.

You're not missing it.

We added a lot of new features with Kursk, that really needed to be fleshed out in the manual.

I'm thinking of adding some more graphical representations of some of these changes. For your reference in the meantime, the range rings mean the following;
  • Blue is the anti-air range
  • Red is the hard attack range
  • Green is the soft attack range
Where the range is the same only one colour will be represented. If there is a minimum range it will be shaded out.

Hope that helps,

David
02-18-2016, 02:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2016, 02:55 AM by Hadge.)
Something like this maybe .... ?

I used to play SPI board games in the "old" days and they were brilliant at this sort of thing (except "The Next War" LOL")  - I did this for my own benefit when messing about with Kursk - so it does'nt include all the parameters for Normandy, but its an easy fix, and the principle could be ported to PzC too

I know when I first started I could have done with something like this for that too ... 

You/we could link this to rules manual numbering but with a little bit more explanation - for example:-

what does "-1" movement indicate? (I know Wink )
what does the art hard target mod do?
what is the range effect mod?
what is a hard fire mod?
a link to the "on foot" rules as appropriate
what does the elevation Mod do?
a link to the cliff crossing special rules

etc. etc.

I know most of what's needed is in there - but sometimes its hard to find or easy to overlook.

Always happy to help if needed

Cheers

Chris

[Image: Kursk%20PDT.jpg]
02-18-2016, 05:01 AM,
No doubt you are aware, but the PZB and User .pdf files self-identify as "Panzer Campaigns"  Perhaps the others do as well, I have not checked them.

http://prntscr.com/a4ju2w

Steve
02-18-2016, 06:50 AM,
(02-18-2016, 05:01 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: No doubt you are aware, but the PZB and User .pdf files self-identify as "Panzer Campaigns"  Perhaps the others do as well, I have not checked them.

http://prntscr.com/a4ju2w

Steve

Yes - someone has pointed this out to me.

John Tiller did the original edit and I've decided to go back and revisit it all. I'll correct the headers etc in the revised version.

David