• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Storm in the East - Round 4
02-10-2016, 08:31 AM,
RE: Storm in the East - Round 4
(02-08-2016, 01:38 PM)weapon2010 Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Tripps Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 12:07 PM)weapon2010 Wrote: I think the main thing that is causing confusion with the LOS issues, and causing players to claim it must be a bug is the combination of the player having "all-knowing knowledge of the battlefield"(the godspot) and the relative spotting engine.Many players feel that if it can be spotted it should be spotted.Thats not how it works, the engine asks can unit x see unit z?Then,should unit x spot unit z?Question 1 is a simple yes or no answer, question 2 has many,many factors influencing when or if unit x should spot unit z.Im not defending BF or attacking the people who say there are many issues/bugs with the los system, I have experienced some strange los issues, but I would much rather have this "unpredictable los system" then CMX1 borg spotting.

So your saying the reason why these guys:

http://vid1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah...t5umob.mp4

Didnt see their kublewagon is because its by design, not a bug. OK, like i said, your happy with it, im not.

I would need to load that file and watch it on my computer to give an honest opinion, there is no way to tell what is going on with that video

Weapon2010, if you ask for an example of something, and it is provided, and you then don't bother to then read said example, it is no surprise you have no idea whats going on
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2016, 08:40 AM,
(02-09-2016, 12:55 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Tripps Wrote: So your saying the reason why these guys:

Didnt see their kublewagon is because its by design, not a bug. OK, like i said, your happy with it, im not.

If I recall correctly that was analyzed on a thread on the BFC forum to have been mostly caused by a pathing bug.  This is the kind of thing that is left to fix.  Some combination of the angled building's door location and the fence location caused the team to go a goofy way.  

(02-06-2016, 06:46 PM)Tripps Wrote: Cat - I agree with this, and I get your point, really I do, I always have - its not that I dont understand what they are trying to do, more I think they havnt quite got it right yet

Understood and I get that.  Which just brings me back to my original point which was you might feel there are a series of fixes needed before you will be happy and you have decided to wait.  BFC on the other hand is largely happy with how things are working and have no plans to make any such fixes.  Ergo you might be waiting a long time - which is totally your prerogative of course.  I hope you come back and play again one day.

Cat - close, the first of my 'issues' was a sniper team taking the wrong exit, and that was analysed and explained very well by Kieme and the answer provided - the answer essentially being play with grids on and give your orders accordingly as your pixeltruppen will be following the grid pattern not necessarily what you order - I understand, im also not thrilled with that.
There was no answer given re the Batt HQ, they just lost LOS and re pathed themselves until they 're-rolled' and saw the kublewagon again, which relates to what I call 'memory' - which is another area where I think is a major improvement needed, but like we have said, seems like im pissing into the wind, i'll have to change direction :)
02-11-2016, 10:13 AM,
(02-10-2016, 08:31 AM)Tripps Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 12:07 PM)weapon2010 Wrote: I think the main thing that is causing confusion with the LOS issues, and causing players to claim it must be a bug is the combination of the player having "all-knowing knowledge of the battlefield"(the godspot) and the relative spotting engine.Many players feel that if it can be spotted it should be spotted.Thats not how it works, the engine asks can unit x see unit z?Then,should unit x spot unit z?Question 1 is a simple yes or no answer, question 2 has many,many factors influencing when or if unit x should spot unit z.Im not defending BF or attacking the people who say there are many issues/bugs with the los system, I have experienced some strange los issues, but I would much rather have this "unpredictable los system" then CMX1 borg spotting.

I would need to load that file and watch it on my computer to give an honest opinion, there is no way to tell what is going on with that video

Weapon2010, if you ask for an example of something, and it is provided, and you then don't bother to then read said example, it is no surprise you have no idea whats going on

what are you talking about?i watched the video, and there is no way to tell from a video what is "really" going on there, I asked for you to send the saved game file which is something very commonly done, to try and possibly help.

"it is no surprise you have no idea whats going on", your right I have no idea,lol
02-11-2016, 11:41 AM,
(01-25-2016, 06:17 AM)Tripps Wrote: Hi Raz

I would like to pull out of this tourney please - I'm stopping all RT games as I feel there are to many 'issues' that need to be resolved.
Note - not issues with the tourney! You're doing a great job there - Issues/bugs - whatever you want to call them, with RT itself, its not quite there yet

I have no idea what Im talking about?,lol

AdviceBig Grinont join tournaments and then quit, that tells me all I need to know.
02-11-2016, 12:49 PM,
(02-11-2016, 10:13 AM)weapon2010 Wrote:

what are you talking about?i watched the video, and there is no way to tell from a video what is "really" going on there, I asked for you to send the saved game file which is something very commonly done, to try and possibly help.

"it is no surprise you have no idea whats going on", your right I have no idea,lol

Read your post #14 on this thread - read my post #16 on this thread - I post a link there that explains it all
02-11-2016, 12:58 PM,
(02-11-2016, 11:41 AM)weapon2010 Wrote:

I would like to pull out of this tourney please - I'm stopping all RT games as I feel there are to many 'issues' that need to be resolved.
Note - not issues with the tourney! You're doing a great job there - Issues/bugs - whatever you want to call them, with RT itself, its not quite there yet

AdviceBig Grinont join tournaments and then quit, that tells me all I need to know.

I will only dignify this cheap shot with a reply to say - I wont be replying to you anymore, your help and advice, if your ability to read post and links is anything to go by, will not be required - good luck :)
02-11-2016, 01:30 PM,
(02-11-2016, 12:49 PM)Tripps Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 10:13 AM)weapon2010 Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Tripps Wrote: So your saying the reason why these guys:

Read your post #14 on this thread - read my post #16 on this thread - I post a link there that explains it all

again your not understanding, I don't want any explanation from you on the video clip, the only way to properly analyze whats going on with the "possible issues in that clip" is for you to send a saved game file, somehow your just not grasping that
02-11-2016, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2016, 01:35 PM by weapon2010. Edit Reason: d )
(02-11-2016, 12:58 PM)Tripps Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 11:41 AM)weapon2010 Wrote:

I will only dignify this cheap shot with a reply to say - I wont be replying to you anymore, your help and advice, if your ability to read post and links is anything to go by, will not be required - good luck :)

agreed, it is a cheap shot, but you took one first LOL , you cant take your own medicine!
02-12-2016, 12:53 AM,
OK that is enough of that side topic. Lets get back to enjoying the tournament.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
02-12-2016, 01:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 01:41 AM by KeBrAnTo.)
I would need some advice from the tournament admins on how to proceed, as my opponent never showed up, please.