CheerCheerCheerCheerCheer
  . .CheerCheerCheerCheer
   --   CheerCheerCheer
      ------  CheerCheer
         ------    Cheer
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2016, 10:03 PM,
RE: Future titles
Nice, then you are not taking a break after PzB2, i like see you dont need extra motivation to rest hours to sleeping Whip   Mex Big Grin

Ummm diferent title... i think in change in front the question is how diferent is the front... moving a little to the South in time and space or a more radical change moving to the "mysterious Orient"  Rolling Eyes and the "special features" sounds promising.

I only want know where i can pay for an early access because wait... 2 years (i prefer be not positive in timing... i dont want a RR MartinFail 2.0 hehehe) is going to be hard, you now, wargamers are like kids, we have a new toy from Santa and enjoying it but at same time we are writing letter for next year  Whistle
06-18-2016, 06:15 AM,
[quote pid='408321' dateline='1453503725']

PzB3 is well underway thanks to Mike Avanzini who was working on the Order of Battle while we wrapped up Normandy.

We essentially have a map, a draft order of battle and some very cool graphics as well as an alpha build.

Huge amount of work to go - particularly on scenarios but looking at the requests above, MANY of you will be very happy...!

PzB3 will be another very different title, with some special rules to match...

David
[/quote]

I do hope he is refering to Stalingrad, with new city\factory rules and just new street fighting rules in general!
Send this user an email
06-20-2016, 05:23 AM,
Ufff create new rules for urban fight is something i want see... not only for urban, combat in covered terrain need a push forward... something to have enemy units in same hex fighting to control it... instead assault have infiltration as option.

But maybe for Stalingrad i am more interested in the pre and post city action, with the road to the city and counter in the flanks.

Lets see if we can see this summer a "bone" from devs, with the anounce time... i expect see title in late 2018 or more in early 2019  Rolling Eyes
06-20-2016, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2016, 10:09 AM by gabeeg.)
I am with Ed "I have an idea of the next title I think, but any chance of say a 1939 Polish or 1940 France title in the future?"

Since Mike Avanzini is working on the OOB...maybe Stalingrad??
06-20-2016, 11:00 AM,
(06-20-2016, 10:05 AM)gabeeg Wrote: but any chance of say a 1939 Polish or 1940 France title in the future?"

Wouldn't such a title have to be a one-sided game, since the Germans steam-rolled through both countries?

I agree that the topic is interesting however, I'm not sure how much "fun" it would be to play as the Allies! Propeller Hat
06-20-2016, 08:47 PM,
Depends of what offer the title... imagine PzC or PzB covering Polish campaign WITH soviet intervention covered and a some what ifs German VS Soviets in Poland with part of polish with soviets and part with germans (i dont know if engine can offer in same scen 3 diferent sides).

France is more open here for PzB and there are a lot of diferent situations, being more tactical allies have good chances in certain actions... there is one scen where armored french units can defeat german armored units in a medium scen (around 2-3 divisions per side).

I think that next title is going to be in north Africa... or Crusader or Gazala (i prefer Crusader, less static combat, only around Tobruk is present and is a good way to have diferent scens to the mobile combat scens) but could be El Alamein (not my fav option because is to "Kursk"), i dont say no to Stalingrad but for east front i prefer a lot more see for example Budapest from the battles covered in PzC and out of the covered battles in PzC... apart Berlin i want see something set in the South front in Barbarrossa for example.

Lets see if we can see something this summer hehehe.
06-27-2016, 02:12 AM,
As for occupying same hex fighting for control, especially urban warfare, it should be a whole new game with individual soldiers, vehicle, weapons. You would have to clear every room in a building, different levels to include roof and possibly sewers in your larger towns. Lots of prospects there.....size would range somewhere smaller than the old Xcom icons, but larger with good details than Sudden Strike graphics.

PzBs series, if different, I'm thinking it would have to be desert, pacific or post ww2.
06-27-2016, 04:35 AM,
Well, combat in same hex for me is a question of engine... i think in this:

-Have 2 enemy units in same hex is like have them in cotinuous assault, they cant shot, are fixed in the hex with only posible action from player be made his units leave hex
-units in same hex suffer 50% casualties compared with an assault and are calculated in the end of turn
-units in same hex win fatigue 2x compared with the normal assault result.

As you can see urban fight or combat in areas with buildings (and why not, bocage-forest and IP, trenches) is based in fix units in a hex, unable to shot, in continuous assault status but with 50% casualties and 2x in fatigue when turn is over.... ooo other point is that you can shot over hex but all units in hex receive casualties... based in hex stacking with extra damage... 50% or 2x.

I think to that next title is going to be desert title... i dont dislike a Pacific title but here... whats the best option??? Guadalcanal??? Burma campaign in 1944??? Malayan campaign??? Filipines (japan assault and japan defense)??? or hipotetical Japan invasion (even is possible here add a small soviet attack to).

Post WWII... Korea is the obvious option and i dont see it bad BUT maybe i prefer it at PzC scale over PzB... for PzB scale i see better middle east but this is more in the Armored Combat serie (i think i remember ok the serie name hehehe).
06-27-2016, 11:00 PM,
It has been done before in paper:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1205...rd-edition

So it should not be that hard to do in 2016 PC terms...