• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future titles
01-20-2016, 01:28 PM,
Future titles
David,

I have an idea of the next title I think, but any chance of say a 1939 Polish or 1940 France title in the future?
Maybe even a Stalingrad or say Crete?

Ed
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2016, 01:37 PM,
RE: Future titles
(01-20-2016, 01:28 PM)Richie61 Wrote: David,

I have an idea of the next title I think, but any chance of say a 1939 Polish or 1940 France title in the future?
Maybe even a Stalingrad or say Crete?

Ed

Italian Campaign or Malayan or Buna.  No Guadalcanal Big Grin
01-21-2016, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2016, 03:58 AM by O.Schmidt.)
I have great interest in Kharkov '43 from January to March in PB!
(Crete is nice too!) :)
Greetings, HaPe
01-21-2016, 04:47 AM,
I would like to see Smolensk or Italian Front with Monte Cassino or Kiev 41 or some of the Pacific like Okinawa

Saipan I think a Stalingrad mainly concentrated on fighting in the city would be a good one.
01-21-2016, 06:44 AM,
I think that early war would be like how the Germans needed to out smart the French with brains and not brawn.
Early armor would be weaker and thus you couldn't just blast your way though the enemy lines. You would have to
move and fake and dance around looking for a place to flank them.
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-21-2016, 07:17 PM,
On this area i allways find more titles i want play than time to play them  Big Grin

For me is a question of devs options... they have 3 clear options

1-Take a PzC title and port it to PzB, like they do with PzB1-2, start with a decent map as base and with a good OOB research done helps a lot to reduce the time, apart this, PzC covers well know actions in general with a great level of resources to move one step down in scale.

I think here in North Africa, "Tobruk/Crusader" for example, "Budapest" (at PzB scale could be a great title and maps are not specially big) or even "Krete"+some bonus scen like in "Salerno43"

2-A total new title, not based in PzC BUT in the "Panzer" area, maybe here is more interest in touch something totally new, maybe even not touched in other games, but well, work here is harder because they need do all the job and could find them with not a lot of resources.

I see here Barbarossa in the north and south "Leningrad41" or "Crimea42", something set in later war like "Berlin45" and in west... "Poland39" but on this title play a lot with what ifs and add soviets in the axis.

3-New title but out of "Panzer" area, here we have the Pacific, prewar period or even WWI time.

I see here as other say "Burma42", "Okinawa45"... i see to "Philipines42/44" a dual title covering Japan invasion but the counter invasion but even they can play with what ifs like "Japan45"... here is a "virgin terrain"

Out of WWII i think in WWI because the scale could cover early war in Europe and an interesting battle like Meggido... in general Ottoman empire actions are dark out of Gallipoli.

For me the best options they have now for PzB3 are:

1-North Africa title: Crusader (the mobile combat in pure desert), El-Alamein (african Kursk) and Tunis (a mix of both titles but with a bigger time frame, less continuous actions... like in Normandy).

2-East titles: Stalingrad (another classic title) or Budapest (a complete title with a little of all)

3-Sicily: is an interesting title for west area, maybe less attractive for me compared with north Africa but they can cover the full campaign and offer a good set of scens... not my favourite title but is a title with good options to be ready "soon" ™.

I am interested if devs have a clear idea or they have more than 1 clear option... could be great they open a thread to ask players what they see more interesting if they cant decide what do next.

PD: ooo and add to the list the anounced modern battles serie... "Armored combat" i think is the name... is another interesting area to explore specially if they cover the 2nd or 3rd title in Modern Campaigns... out of classic Germany+USA VS Soviets add extra nations is great... UK, east Germany, Poland, France...
01-22-2016, 10:18 AM,
Give us North Africa!
01-22-2016, 11:12 AM,
I would like to see series cover more theaters in WWII in Europe, Med, and North Africa.

On the other hand, I would love to see JTS cover titles dealing with WWII Pacific, The Korean War, and Vietnam War, that were not covered at all in the PzC series, only in the SB series.

I think using the PzB scale will make WWII Pacific, The Korean War, and Vietnam War very possible whereas the PzC engine was not at the right scale.

I'm not a fan of the Eastern Theater so I have no "wish list" covering anything in that theater.
01-22-2016, 09:26 PM,
Well, east front for me depends of battle covered... this is why i think in Budapest or a battle set in north or better in south in early part of war (you can see use of minor allies as bonus, not only germans VS soviets and add value to title).

My first choice by taste is like you a Pacific title or set in Japanese blitzkrieg period or in late war but in bigger actions like Philipines or why not set in continent to add chinese troops??? small island actions really dont attract a lot my interest, other history is a what if Japan main islands invasion.

Modern periods??? i dont see them bad at all but maybe only Korea attract my interest i find Vietnam not attractive out of the late period in 72-75, i dont dislike a lot the demo Tiller release for non PC plataforms.

But over modern periods (not covered in the "Armored battles" serie) i find more interesting a WWI version of the engine for example.

I think this is all  Hamster Wheel because in the end the main factor to decide PzB3 is going to be the time to invest in research OOB and create map, here is why i see North Africa very possible as 3rd title because maps are less hard to create compared with other fronts, OOBs are more limited in size... but with less "clone" formations and well, all the info is in english and in great numbers.

O come on guys, at least you can say if we are beating bone or meat  Big Grin2
01-23-2016, 09:02 AM,
(01-22-2016, 09:26 PM)Xaver Wrote: I think this is all  Hamster Wheel because in the end the main factor to decide PzB3 is going to be the time to invest in research OOB and create map, here is why i see North Africa very possible as 3rd title because maps are less hard to create compared with other fronts, OOBs are more limited in size... but with less "clone" formations and well, all the info is in english and in great numbers.

O come on guys, at least you can say if we are beating bone or meat  Big Grin2

Bone or Meat???? Helmet Wink

PzB3 is well underway thanks to Mike Avanzini who was working on the Order of Battle while we wrapped up Normandy.

We essentially have a map, a draft order of battle and some very cool graphics as well as an alpha build.

Huge amount of work to go - particularly on scenarios but looking at the requests above, MANY of you will be very happy...!

PzB3 will be another very different title, with some special rules to match...

David