• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future titles
07-06-2016, 10:40 PM,
RE: Future titles
(07-06-2016, 07:42 PM)Xaver Wrote: ... something like in AGEOD games, leave units in an area and they fight using their stats and hex value as base... both sides lose soldiers or not BUT allways win fatigue when are in an hex with enemy units (player work is going to be cicle the units here mantein presure over enemy until one of the sides crack when cant send more fresh units to fight). ...

Yeah, at platoon scale you probably need something of the kind. To an extent, you can get away without it at company / battalion scale due to the increased turn time, but in the reduced time spans of platoon / squad games you do need some form of mechanism to allow for units of different sides occupying the same hex at a given time. One of the issues is that, without it you cannot really represent that once committed to assault a building and inside the building, its not that simple for a unit to extricate itself from combat. You can argue that by assaulting from adjacent location and either being repelled or winning the location you are simulating it, but again, at a scale where a turn is hours, yes that is acceptable, at a scale where a turn is minuted, no, it does not really work.
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2016, 04:35 AM,
An interesting future title could encompass the Arab-Israeli conflicts over the years....
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
12-15-2016, 05:10 AM,
(12-15-2016, 04:35 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: An interesting future title could encompass the Arab-Israeli conflicts over the years....

I think this would fit in with the "Armor Battles" series coming later Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
12-15-2016, 11:43 PM,
But "Armor battles" is not like believe in Santa??? a question of faith  Big Grin

Some thing that made me  Toast is see all that articles in the web about OOBs of units around Budapest battles... a PzB4 covering it....  Pop Corn to be fair i prefer this over the "classic" Stalingrad option... the D-Day of east front  Big Grin2

Maybe we can expect some kind of "gift" for holidays??? time to revise under the tree Xmas4
12-26-2016, 12:39 AM,
Nice Christmas gift guys!!! not only a date for demo and what scens is going to include, we know more about PzB3... interesting, i didnt expect Creta be part of title... i am curious about that 8 minimum battles-campaigns is going to cover... maybe title base is going to be Crusader and as bonus early desert battles... Battleaxe and similar + Crete... sounds promising.

About demo... a little suggestion, if you want test the smaller scen... why not release in a demo beta only with Tenaru battle??? if is ready and being the most "exotic" battle (Pacific+125m scale) early you receive players feedback earlier we can have/buy a Pacific title  Helmet Wink

http://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2016/...ar-update/
Popcorn 2 

Again thanks for gift  Cheers4
12-26-2016, 01:59 AM,
Thanks for all the information on what's coming up. Hope the France '40 topic expands into more than a demo.
12-29-2016, 12:14 AM,
Ummm is possible do with demo like you did with PzB Normandy??? a weekly "report" preview... are around 12 weeks to late march... 3 week per scenario set (France, east, Africa, Pacific) and when appear demo is going to be anounce and with placement in the wargames forums and similar areas.

A France40 game could be good but i really expect PzB4 be east front.. Budapest is perfect for me... late war, diferent nations (hungarians, romanians...) and diferent tactical situations... and well, if Pacific attract interest i see great a title here.

PD: any info about the Armored battles serie??? i dont know if you are with it or is a diferent team, thanks.
03-24-2017, 08:22 PM,
Well, to kill time while wait the demo i am going to revive this thread hehehe.

I reply to some questions about game in other forum and i use the manual to quote... as curiosity give a look to manual and find 4 pictures...

1-46 artiglerie regiment... from Trento division, with PzB3 on the way is obvious we are going to see it.

2-Soviet armored train... i only find references to nº60 armored train the the rusian civil war... maybe i lack info but is curious

3-BMP, recon unit... Armored Battles, its you???

4-Punjab regiment... the WWII unit that form part of indivian airborne division in the Pacific front???

The images, they are in user manual pages 21-33-80-81

[Image: 4wtmSxm.jpg]
[Image: GFVckMi.jpg][Image: mk7TMZU.jpg]