• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Patch Update
05-14-2016, 01:55 PM,
RE: Normandy Patch Update
(05-13-2016, 08:03 PM)Lowlander Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 01:06 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 05:53 PM)Lowlander Wrote: The new Broken and Disruption markers ( Symbols ) work in the Max 100 zoom view, but I don't see them in the 50 zoom view. Is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem.
Thanks for the Patch, all I need is the full Monty, a massive campaign based on the full PZC Normandy'44 OOB.

They are there, but it looks like the versions in the Map Variants are wrong - if you overwrite then you lose the smaller ones.

I'll post the small variant ones here when I get time, but here are the original versions that can be used now. They are also in the original patch zip file as well under the map directory.

David

David, again thanks for your prompt answer and fix, however I still have the same problem.
I don't want to waste anybody's time or take this out on a tangent. I AM USING A MOD WITH THIS GAME.

However everything else is showing up on the map except the 50 zoom view disruption and broken markers.
Could someone else confirm if this works or not as it should.

Hi Lowlander,

Firstly which Mod are you using?

Secondly, the size 50 broken & disrupted markers are working. See below from a stock version after the patch. NOTE these do now show up when NATO symbols are shown.

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20458.jpg]

The problem is the size 50 were only in one place in the patch - the original map folder. If you use a mod to overwrite them you lose them as I forgot to update the versions in the Map Variants directory. I will correct this for the next patch, but you need to manually add them back now if you used a mod and overwrote.

Hope that's a little more clear,

David
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2016, 05:54 PM,
(05-14-2016, 01:55 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 08:03 PM)Lowlander Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 01:06 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 05:53 PM)Lowlander Wrote: The new Broken and Disruption markers ( Symbols ) work in the Max 100 zoom view, but I don't see them in the 50 zoom view. Is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem.
Thanks for the Patch, all I need is the full Monty, a massive campaign based on the full PZC Normandy'44 OOB.

They are there, but it looks like the versions in the Map Variants are wrong - if you overwrite then you lose the smaller ones.

I'll post the small variant ones here when I get time, but here are the original versions that can be used now. They are also in the original patch zip file as well under the map directory.

David

David, again thanks for your prompt answer and fix, however I still have the same problem.
I don't want to waste anybody's time or take this out on a tangent. I AM USING A MOD WITH THIS GAME.

However everything else is showing up on the map except the 50 zoom view disruption and broken markers.
Could someone else confirm if this works or not as it should.

Hi Lowlander,

Firstly which Mod are you using?

Secondly, the size 50 broken & disrupted markers are working. See below from a stock version after the patch. NOTE these do now show up when NATO symbols are shown.

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20458.jpg]

The problem is the size 50 were only in one place in the patch - the original map folder. If you use a mod to overwrite them you lose them as I forgot to update the versions in the Map Variants directory. I will correct this for the next patch, but you need to manually add them back now if you used a mod and overwrote.

Hope that's a little more clear,

David

That fixed it, SIMPLE !!!.
I always use the Nato counters in zoom 50 and 25, I switched to Alt counters and all is good.

The Mod I use is from J Mass Squad Battles Tiles, Mud, Normal, Soft and Snow both 100 original and 50 which I modded/resized, which are the  same size as Panzer Battles.
These were posted here on both the Panzer battle and Squad Battle forums some time ago.
05-16-2016, 04:12 PM,
I think the range effect modifier is suitable for some types of units (tanks, AT, infantry, engineers, recon), at current values 1.5.

But for other types of units, that value punished too, making them ineffective units above four hex.

I propose create a new range effect modifier fire, lower, around 1.2, for those units that make support fire for ground combat.

These units could be MG, artillery units with ONLY direct fire, ( infantry guns, howitzers self-propelleded), AA and HAA

Machinegun unit has 2 extra points in soft values on a regular infantry unit. It is very little. The advantage is its longer range, +2 hex, but that advantage is annulledt by current range modifiers, at 5-6 hex, the result is almost null.

The same it applies to other support weapons, 2cm Flak 38 can make an effective defensive fire at 1-2 km, but in the game, at that distance, has no value.

Thank you very much
05-16-2016, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2016, 10:41 PM by wiggum.)
Has anyone already experience with the Fatigue Factor at 3.0 ?

I started pbparam.exe and opened PBNormandy.pdt
Then i changed the Fatigue Factor from 2.00000 to 3.00000 and saved the file.
Correct way to do it ?

I only have run short tests (no time to actually play) but i have already seen more Disruptions in a fewer amount of turns and was able to force defenders into retreat where before they would most likely fought to the death.
05-17-2016, 01:16 AM,
(05-16-2016, 10:40 PM)wiggum Wrote: Has anyone already experience with the Fatigue Factor at 3.0 ?

I started pbparam.exe and opened PBNormandy.pdt
Then i changed the Fatigue Factor from 2.00000 to 3.00000 and saved the file.
Correct way to do it ?

I only have run short tests (no time to actually play) but i have already seen more Disruptions in a fewer amount of turns and was able to force defenders into retreat where before they would most likely fought to the death.

Hi Wiggum,

Yes - that's the way to do it. It should make a material difference as you will accumulate fatigue quicker with equivalent losses. This will have you exceeding the 50 & 100 fatigue thresholds and the impact that has on morale etc

David
05-19-2016, 04:18 PM,
One question,

I see Churchill V, and Cromwell VI, with a howitzer 95mm, have 18/12 soft values.

Howewer Sherman 105mm, Stug H 42 (105mm cannon), they have 15/19,

Lower caliber and more values that 105 gun.

Because is a howitzer and the other is a gun? by the type of ammunition?

Gracias
05-19-2016, 06:32 PM,
(05-19-2016, 04:18 PM)javier Wrote: One question,

I see Churchill V, and Cromwell VI, with a howitzer 95mm, have 18/12 soft values.

Howewer Sherman 105mm, Stug H 42 (105mm cannon), they have 15/19,

Lower caliber and more values that 105 gun.

Because is a howitzer and the other is a gun? by the type of ammunition?

Gracias

Javier,

You're right. There is more than calibre taken into account, everything from shell size (and type), explosive load, gun sights, suitability of the vehicle as a firing platform, turret traverse etc is considered. Ed Williams of First World War campaign has provided the values based off the McNamara methodology that he has used for his Panzer Campaign mods.

David
05-19-2016, 08:33 PM,
A last question,

About the air units, the number of aircraft per unit is very high relative to the size of the hexagon, I think.

Example: B-24 have 100 aircraft/unit, B-26 48 aircraft/unit. One unit atack one hex. One hex has 250 meter, only.

Are not excessive 100 B-24 attacking an area 250mm * 250mm?

The size of the air units seem appropriate to the scale of a hex = 1km. (Panzer Campaigns)

I don't think an area of 250mm * 250mm could be attacked by a large number of aircraft, 50-100 fighters-bombers.

Is not it may be sliced into smaller units ? (12-24 aircraft/unit)
05-19-2016, 09:04 PM,
One hex in the game has 250*250=62500 m2

62500m2/ unit type 100 B-24 Liberator=625 m2 for each B-24= 25*25 meter , a square of 25m side.

Wingspan of B-24 is 33,5 meter. Not fit many planes!

62500m2/ unit type 25 B-24 Liberator=2500 m2 for each B-24= 50*50 meter , a square of 50m side/B-24

Even so, would be necessary bombing in several waves.

I think, should be reviewed the size of the air units at this scale of the game.

Thanks , I love your job!
05-19-2016, 09:19 PM,
Now the 'Math' count in bombs.

One B-24 could carry 3600 kg of bombs. I suppose one bomb=100 kg, One B-24 carry 36 bombs

One hundred B-24 drop 3600 bombs.

62500 m2/3600 bombs=17 m2 per bomb= a square 4 meter side. 100kg explosive inside every 4 meter.

if we look at a picture of a carpet bombing, that density is not seen.

A square 8 meter/bomb is more reasonable.