• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Patch Update
05-13-2016, 05:49 PM,
RE: Normandy Patch Update
(05-13-2016, 05:27 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I meant the situation as mentioned in this thread, with your reply to one of my posts linked to: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid408434

To summarize: artillery units fire in support (defensive artillery fire) of any unit within range, not limited by the unit(s) that are attacked being spotters for their organization.

Hi,

Thanks for the thread - I said I'd validate it and I haven't yet - this had slipped my mind. Let me try and do that over the weekend.

David
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2016, 08:03 PM,
(05-13-2016, 01:06 PM)Strela Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 05:53 PM)Lowlander Wrote: The new Broken and Disruption markers ( Symbols ) work in the Max 100 zoom view, but I don't see them in the 50 zoom view. Is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem.
Thanks for the Patch, all I need is the full Monty, a massive campaign based on the full PZC Normandy'44 OOB.

They are there, but it looks like the versions in the Map Variants are wrong - if you overwrite then you lose the smaller ones.

I'll post the small variant ones here when I get time, but here are the original versions that can be used now. They are also in the original patch zip file as well under the map directory.

David

David, again thanks for your prompt answer and fix, however I still have the same problem.
I don't want to waste anybody's time or take this out on a tangent. I AM USING A MOD WITH THIS GAME.

However everything else is showing up on the map except the 50 zoom view disruption and broken markers.
Could someone else confirm if this works or not as it should.
05-13-2016, 08:13 PM,
For the French , the unit 44 Fr Arm LMG have hard value 41 y soft 73, 44 Fr MMG have 21 Hard and 6 3 soft, very poor values, FR infantry units have more values

Is it a mistake?

american LMG have 9 4 soft values, and american MMG 10 5 soft values (Light machine gun and Medium machine gun i belive)

The MMG is best than LMG , It'snt?

Merci
05-13-2016, 08:28 PM,
Artillery units in direct fire are very ineffective. That could be applied to artillery units that make direct fire not apply the range effect modifier?, or at least another lower value?

Then those units will have something of value, the same could be done with machine guns, their value in the game is now less than its real value.

Gracias
05-13-2016, 08:47 PM,
For example,

The normal range effect modifier is 1.5 in parameter data

For Artillery Units in direct fire, and MG units, other diferent value, 1.2

One howitzer can fire at 16 hex from, in direct fire, but is a null fire, worthless

I think is best for play a real game

sorry for my english
05-13-2016, 11:02 PM,
Artillery not having much of an effect through direct fire is, like you say, caused by the range modifier, which wasn't really designed for very long ranges. As the effect of artillery fire comes from the explosive charge of the shell, not from penetration, accuracy that can't deviate more than a few inches or centimeters or speed, it could be argued that the range modifier shouldn't be applied to it.

It does look like there's a mistake with the French MMG ratings based on the icon, as their icon shows them using Browning M1917's, but with a lower SA rating than their US counterpart. Good catch.

The French LMG seems to be the BAR instead of the Browning M1919, which would explain its lower ratings. Allied squad support weapons like the Bren and BAR are closer to modern automatic rifles than to true machineguns.
05-13-2016, 11:22 PM,
Thanks,

The French LMG have higher values than the French HMG, they seem exchanged , i understood the low values for the LMG, but 4/1 hard value is the same that a 20mm AA.

I think that It could apply a reduction of range modifier fire, for some units, artillery direct fire , MG, AA and HAA.

The German 8.8 was direct support for ground combats in Nornamdy for the lack the other fire support. in direct fire >4 hex, it have a little value in the game.
05-14-2016, 04:55 AM,
Thanks for the patch.
05-14-2016, 01:33 PM,
(05-13-2016, 08:13 PM)javier Wrote: For the French , the unit 44 Fr Arm LMG have hard value 41 y soft 73, 44 Fr MMG have 21 Hard and 6 3 soft, very poor values, FR infantry units have more values

Is it a mistake?

american LMG have 9 4 soft values, and american MMG 10 5 soft values (Light machine gun and Medium machine gun i belive)

The MMG is best than LMG , It'snt?

Merci

The French values should be the same values as the US. The values you are seeing are errors.

We will correct it for the next patch.

David
05-14-2016, 01:43 PM,
(05-13-2016, 08:28 PM)javier Wrote: Artillery units in direct fire are very ineffective. That could be applied to artillery units that make direct fire not apply the range effect modifier?, or at least another lower value?

Then those units will have something of value, the same could be done with machine guns, their value in the game is now less than its real value.

Gracias

Let me check I understand what you are saying;

Direct fire is 'sighted' fire, i.e. the firing artillery piece can see the enemy without spotters.

Indirect fire is 'unsighted' by the artillery piece but is being spotted by an eligible unit.

Indirect fire is NOT impacted by range attenuation. It is an area fire weapon.

The hard and soft attack values represent indirect attacks. There is a modifier for artillery when firing at hard targets in line of sight within four hexes. This is currently set at 2.5x the hard attack value. This value represents the use of AT rounds up to 1 km.  I believe (but will have to confirm) that range attenuation does impact direct fire with artillery.

Finally, be aware that we are modelling 30 minute turns. Machine gun units will not kill a heap of men in that time unless there is an assault underway. The size of units is also another factor, artillery in battery strength will do little, its better where possible to be firing in full battalion strength etc.

David