• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Patch Update
05-28-2016, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 10:05 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Normandy Patch Update
One important difference between PzC and PB is that there's often no fatigue recovery period in PB because the number of non-night turns in a day is about 6 days worth of non-night turns in 8 turn per day PzC titles. There is also no replacement/loss recovery phase.

With visibility ranges being long, beaten up units have limited means to recover fatigue. PB companies also need to recover more fatigue than PzC battalions to get back to their original effectiveness because fatigue penalties start at 50.

PzC and FWWC unit quality tends to be somewhat generic in the sense that units of the same class tend to have the same or similar quality ratings to everybody else. Example from early-mid war Eastern Front PzC: German infantry quality is B, Soviet regular infantry quality is D.

There are some "flavour" units, either special units or formations having their own scenario, but there is a lot of consistency. One good example of flavour is France '14 where "Guard" formation are A/B quality, Jaeger/Chasseur formations might be better than the infantry units they support, and the French have a substantial number of A and B quality units. The German army on the other hand, is large but very average as they have a handful of non-Guard B quality formations. Their HQ's are also not too special, with exceptions given to leaders/HQ's with their own scenarios like Von Fabeck and IV Reservekorps.

In PB, at least on the Western Front, unit quality is more diverse and units belonging to the same formation don't always have the same quality level, which is something of a novelty compared to PzC.

Though Allied SA ratings are not great, many of their units are B quality which at least makes it unlikely they'll Disrupt instantly.
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 08:01 AM,
Sorry - if I missed the information somewhere here or in another thread guys ...

But are the updates from this patch that are common between PB games due soon for Kursk as well?
Send this user an email
06-06-2016, 02:46 AM,
(06-05-2016, 08:01 AM)Don Czirr Wrote: Sorry - if I missed the information somewhere here or in another thread guys ...

But are the updates from this patch that are common between PB games due soon for Kursk as well?

Yes, Kursk is on the list to be bought up to he same standard as Normandy 1.01.

Just don't ask us when!

David
06-06-2016, 06:43 AM,
Ok - I guess the red-headed Russian stepchildren will need to wait =)

Thanks for the info.
Send this user an email
06-06-2016, 01:06 PM,
(06-06-2016, 06:43 AM)Don Czirr Wrote: Ok - I guess the red-headed Russian stepchildren will need to wait     =)

Thanks for the info.

All going well it won't be too long and if we're all lucky it will be substantially better than Normandy 1.01...!   Helmet Wink

David
06-07-2016, 07:01 AM,
Thanks David - can't wait to taunt those PB Normandy pretty boys with that one !
Send this user an email
06-15-2016, 04:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2016, 04:13 AM by Hadge.)
Hi All,

Does anyone know why the Disruption and Broken indication is not showing on the 1st zoomed out view? (2DSymbols50)

Thanks

Chris
06-15-2016, 08:24 AM,
(06-15-2016, 04:12 AM)Hadge Wrote: Hi All,

Does anyone know why the Disruption and Broken indication is not showing on the 1st zoomed out view? (2DSymbols50)

Thanks

Chris

Read from post 121 on this thread.

BTW thanks for your Objectives Mod.
07-14-2016, 04:29 PM,
I consulted information about American reconnaissance units. I see two types of units, each consisting of 6 jeep, and other 18 jeeps, and armored car M8. The unit 6 jeep, 3 of them had an mounted MG 0.30 inch. The unit 18 jeep, had six jeep with MMG 0.30 and 6 other jeep with 60mm mortars. This gave them a superior offensive capability, above the values in the game (8/3)

Is't right?

Thanks