• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

name mod?
06-15-2016, 06:39 PM,
RE: name mod?
Just a bump - the 1.01 version Normandy map now has the small font update - all available in the mod directory...

David
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2016, 03:33 AM,
Hi,

I've installed the new map with smaller fonts and IMO it looks a lot better.

As was stated earlier some of the place names are displaced - the longer ones quite badly (Grandcamp-les-Bains for example)

If the place names are re centred using the notepad/excel method and then used in a PBM game will that show as a file mismatch error?

Similarly if I added more place names to the existing main map would that and any sub maps show a mismatch file error in any PBM games?

Cheers

Chris
06-18-2016, 09:14 AM,
(06-18-2016, 03:33 AM)Hadge Wrote: Hi,

I've installed the new map with smaller fonts and IMO it looks a lot better.

As was stated earlier some of the place names are displaced - the longer ones quite badly (Grandcamp-les-Bains for example)

If the place names are re centred using the notepad/excel method and then used in a PBM game will that show as a file mismatch error?

Similarly if I added more place names to the existing main map would that and any sub maps show a mismatch file error in any PBM games?

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I don't think the map file is validated for the 'mismatch' review.

The names being displaced I believe was due to the conversion program from Panzer Campaigns to Panzer Battles. I went back and adjusted names where battles were centered but didn't have time to scour the map.

I'd be happy to officially adopt any fixes you do....!

David