• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles Kursk
02-05-2016, 07:30 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles Kursk
(02-03-2016, 10:16 PM)Strela Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 11:54 AM)Pinetree Wrote: Any game set in the desert 1941-1942 would be instant buy for me

Anything is possible in this world....!!!

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20427.jpg]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20428.jpg]

David

Thumbs Up Toast
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 11:28 PM,
(02-05-2016, 06:58 PM)Strela Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 04:44 AM)Don Czirr Wrote: So I'm guessing that the business model would prevent some sort of "Battle Pack" that could leverage resources from a closely related existing title?

i.e. - Rather than a full game, could a Battle Pack be created off of Kursk but with battles from the Kharkov 43 period?

The release history seems to indicate full or nothing - 39.95 per product.

Is this set in stone or is there flexibility to try a smaller / less sweeping type of release?

As the designer that did both PzC Kharkov '43 and PzB Kursk, I can say there is little interchangeability other than some elements of the OB from Kursk and a small section of map.

PzB Kharkov '43 would be a full title (and a big one at that) and wouldn't fit into the concept of battle packs. Battle Packs should probably be thought more as extensions to released titles with further depth of the existing battle rather than new titles. An example might be more campaigns for either of the released titles.

The question is would anyone pay for further campaigns? Even if they were at a nominal $9.99 or even $19.99 dependent on the additional content?

Maybe this is a series of questions for a different thread.

David

Well ... I have to admit that I was fishing there a bit and was kind of expecting that answer.  Rolling Eyes

So - instead now ... consider this a posted request from a JTS customer for a Kharkov 43 adaptation of the system via full release. Even if it takes till 201x ....

Thanks,
Don
Send this user an email
02-06-2016, 03:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 03:45 AM by Xaver.)
Well, no title in 2016 is something i expect but at least you can be a little mysterious and feed our dark wargaming desires  Big Grin

Ummm the use of add-on/DLC model for me is not a bad thing IF add value to base title and with correct price, for example see the DLC for Flashpoint campaigns i find it interesting but not by the 19 euros i am going to wait 50% discount.

Sometimes i find that Tiller can explore add things to "small" for an individual title as add-ons in avaliable titles, i think in something like the great Volcanoman 1940 scenario pack for El-Alamein, using the base map create OOB and scens or even do more titles ala Salerno43 to offer an attractive title based in 2-3 battles/actions because you can attrack buyers by the combo or by one of the battles covered.

Oooo is time to open a PzB3 thread??? we are going to need our ... monthly/weekly pill  Big Grin2

PD: i am working in a new scen... i can open a lot of projects but have problems to close them hehehe i expect finish first second scen "soon" and 3rd looks faster and less complex than the other 2... a regimental scen.
02-10-2016, 02:35 AM,
Just a quick follow-up question for those who have played the Kursk game :

I understand that the scenarios must be challenging for the Germans but are they generally winnable? - given the Victory conditions set by JTS ...
Send this user an email
02-10-2016, 04:05 AM,
(02-10-2016, 02:35 AM)Don Czirr Wrote: Just a quick follow-up question for those who have played the Kursk game :

I understand that the scenarios must be challenging for the Germans but are they generally winnable? - given the Victory conditions set by JTS ...

You can look thru the reported scenarios here to get an idea of balance.

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/kurs...s&game=174
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
02-10-2016, 05:11 AM,
Thanks for that.

Very interesting and not at all what I was expecting !
Send this user an email
02-10-2016, 04:40 PM,
(02-10-2016, 05:11 AM)Don Czirr Wrote: Thanks for that.

Very interesting and not at all what I was expecting !

Don,

Not certain which side of the fence you have fallen, but we deliberately made the vast majority of the game documentation free for perusal pre-purchase.

Kursk is here;

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panzer...thern.html

Normandy is here;

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panzer...mandy.html

Download whatever grabs you but the Designer notes are a must to get a feel for inclusions & exclusions....

David
02-11-2016, 07:02 AM,
Thanks David - in the end, it had to be Kursk to feed my East Front addiction.

Going through the Getting Started scenario now and am liking the half-way feel between Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns.

Looking at the results from the link that Richie posted, it seems that you guys did a nice job with balancing the victory conditions against the challenge the Germans faced of storming prepared lines and with their plans already known.

Now - when I get my arse kicked by the AI, I will know it will be me and not the scenarios. =)
Send this user an email