• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strela's 'Small' Terrain Mod
12-27-2015, 12:48 AM,
RE: Strela's 'Small' Terrain Mod
This mod is getting lost in the threads, David. Can you sticky it or something? It's quite an important change, I think.

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2016, 07:18 AM,
(12-24-2015, 08:45 PM)phoenix Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 08:04 PM)Strela Wrote: Peter,

If your still using Paint do a search for 'Realworld Paint'.

It's free and a very good editor on par with a light version of Photoshop. You can use layers etc very easily and one of the reasons I could pull this mod together so quickly is this program.

There are a few other tools I use, but this is the primary one for all the graphics you see in game.

David

Thanks David. I'll get it. 

On the subject of Panzer Campaigns, I've ended up with Kharkov '43, for example, looking like this: 

[Image: 2.gif]

Which was about as close to a normal, natural map as I could get it using Jison and Phillippe's mods, the Jison fix you kindly provided, the sideless hexes you also very kindly provided and Paint. I would like to really fiddle with the rivers and streams to try to take out more of the hexy angularity, if possible. Maybe if I pick up Realworld Paint that will be possible.
01-29-2016, 07:21 AM,
Phoenix,

Does your (combination) mods (without issues) work with the John Tiller version of Moscow 41? The reason I ask is because there are artifacts with Tillers version and Jisons mod at particular zoom levels like black hexes etc. Is there a fix for this? are you familiar with what I am referring to?
01-29-2016, 08:16 AM,
(01-29-2016, 07:21 AM)Ezra Wrote: Phoenix,

Does your (combination) mods (without issues) work with the John Tiller version of Moscow 41? The reason I ask is because there are artifacts with Tillers version and Jisons mod at particular zoom levels like black hexes etc. Is there a fix for this? are you familiar with what I am referring to?

The zoom levels with black hexes is going to be caused by missing elevation hexside graphics. The way to fix this is to create a file with a blank space where these hexsides would be.

The reason that you get it on the extra zoom in (in PzC) is due to the gap being enough that the program things that it has to draw something there - and when something is on the file that the program does not recognise (for example - hexside graphics) - it draw black. 

Basically the same thing happened with the updates for Napoleon's Russian Campaign and Austerlitz recently. It also got picked up in testing (so shouldn't be in there once these are released).
Send this user an email
01-29-2016, 11:38 AM,
(01-29-2016, 08:16 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 07:21 AM)Ezra Wrote: Phoenix,

The zoom levels with black hexes is going to be caused by missing elevation hexside graphics. The way to fix this is to create a file with a blank space where these hexsides would be.

The reason that you get it on the extra zoom in (in PzC) is due to the gap being enough that the program things that it has to draw something there - and when something is on the file that the program does not recognise (for example - hexside graphics) - it draw black. 

Basically the same thing happened with the updates for Napoleon's Russian Campaign and Austerlitz recently. It also got picked up in testing (so shouldn't be in there once these are released).
01-29-2016, 11:42 AM,
Are you saying that you can fix the issue manualy or should I wait for an additional update from John Tiller Software? I was told by JTS that the hexside gfx has nothing to do with their software but only when Jison`s mapmod is introduced.

If so how can I fix the issue? Is there a way to modify the file to correct it manually
01-29-2016, 12:55 PM,
(01-29-2016, 11:42 AM)Ezra Wrote: Are you saying that you can fix the issue manualy or should I wait for an additional update from John Tiller Software? I was told by JTS that the hexside gfx has nothing to do with their software but only when Jison`s mapmod is introduced.

If so how can I fix the issue? Is there a way to modify the file to correct it manually

Ezra,

Look here - I did a fix o get Mapmod working in the JTS versions.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67577

David
01-30-2016, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 03:36 PM by -72-.)
(01-29-2016, 12:55 PM)Strela Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 11:42 AM)Ezra Wrote: Are you saying that you can fix the issue manualy or should I wait for an additional update from John Tiller Software? I was told by JTS that the hexside gfx has nothing to do with their software but only when Jison`s mapmod is introduced.

Ezra,

Look here - I did a fix o get Mapmod working in the JTS versions.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=67577

David

I would go with what David posted as I was only describing what the issue was and why it was happening. If you had gotten black hexes though -what they were saying is basically the same thing (it is all about location on a bmp file) - in so many words, the were saying that they were not going to be supporting the fixing of a mod.

I know that Mr Freer did do some work on that, and it wasn't anything that I was going to play around with (my own project is going to be at a place where some serious catch up work is called for - while I am not at liberty to discuss that in specific ... what it is meaning is that this is not something (based upon where I am at with things) that they would be wanting me to play around with.

I know Jan was not going to mess around with that either -so David's is probably the only fix out there.

Edit: To be entirely fair, Jan is one of the artists for JTS, and I am one of their Graphics' Coordinators (not on PzC or PzB). Effectively that means if not working on a given series then there may not be time to play around with mods.
Send this user an email
02-21-2016, 07:27 PM,
I allways think that for minifiels adapt the Jison superb mod help a lot to made them more visible...

In the defensive positions i like see the option to show them with a letter to made easier see whats behind.

I am using now this and is working fine for me  Helmet Wink

[Image: image.jpg]