• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
02-01-2015, 03:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018, 09:26 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Write a Note  Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
Hi All,

I have just spent the day working out the file layout differences between the JTS & HPS releases for Panzer/Modern Campaigns.

I have done a first pass series of files that should allow players to use Jison Mapmod in the JTS versions of the games.

This is a BETA release as I only had one game I could test the new files on (North German Plain) and quite a bit of terrain is not present in that title - bocage/light & medium bridges are a good example and I am yet to work out where they go in the files for example.

I'd love some owners of the JTS versions to test this BETA if they can.

Please follow these steps;

1. Back up your JTS build into another directory
  2. Download the appropriate Jison Mapmod and unzip over the build you want to update
  3. Download the Zip on the link shown below and unzip and overwrite in your 'Map' folder
  4. Run the game

Link - Click here for Jison Mapmod - JTS

Please give me some feedback, preferably with a screen shot or two in this thread so I can correct any errors. I am planning to send this through to Jison so he can have a look and adjust if necessary.

Finally please note that this BETA should work in all the Mapmods other than the Desert. I'll look and see what is needed to get them working on the next round. All European Modern Campaigns and Western/Eastern Front versions should work.

Here are some screen shots from North German Plain.

Maximum 2D zoom;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20131.png]

Normal 2D zoom;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20132.png]

2D Zoomed Out;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20133.png]

Looking forward to the feedback...

David
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 05:54 AM,
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA
Looks much better.
I would really like to have this elevation graphics for HPS FR'14 and JTS Tunisia' 43. Helmet Smile
02-01-2015, 07:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 07:30 AM by 76mm.)
I ran it on JTS Sicily (the first game I had a problem with the graphics)--looks great, thank you very much!!
02-01-2015, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 03:29 PM by 76mm.)
Since I installed this mod, I've been playing around a bit with Sicily and the game has crashed to desktop several times, which is very rare for these games. Seems to happen when I try to zoom in on the map.

Not sure if it is connected with the beta mods, but wanted to mention it--could the mods cause this kind of instability?
02-01-2015, 03:54 PM,
(02-01-2015, 03:26 PM)76mm Wrote: Since I installed this mod, I've been playing around a bit with Sicily and the game has crashed to desktop several times, which is very rare for these games. Seems to happen when I try to zoom in on the map.

Not sure if it is connected with the beta mods, but wanted to mention it--could the mods cause this kind of instability?

Ok, I hope you backed up your game!

Can you please take a clean back up and JUST load the files I provided and tell me if the same issue continues? That will help me to narrow down whether it's one of these files causing an issue.

This is one if the challenges when trying to do a fix for versions of games I don't have....

David
02-01-2015, 04:53 PM,
Not sure that I follow, you mean a clean install, with only your files?

Also, two issues:
1) I've narrowed down the CTD issue; it only seems to happen when I use the mouse wheel to zoom-in/out, and try to zoom in beyond the max magnify view. I've never encountered this problem before, will check with other PZC games to see if it is happening with them.

2) a couple of minor graphical glitches: while most of the map looks great, in some areas there are several "divots", like this:

[Image: PZC1.bmp]

[Image: PZC2.bmp]
02-01-2015, 05:17 PM,
Duh, solved the CTD problem--somehow in the process of installing the mod, I deleted all the 3D files, so when the game tried to use them...

But the "divot" problem remains.
02-01-2015, 07:04 PM,
(02-01-2015, 05:17 PM)76mm Wrote: Duh, solved the CTD problem--somehow in the process of installing the mod, I deleted all the 3D files, so when the game tried to use them...

But the "divot" problem remains.

Ahh, the old delete the 3D files issue - removing game files will tend to have an impact!!! Helmet Wink

I believe the divot is due to the 'Ford' Symbol being too high. I have fixed that in the download that is on the link in post number one. Just download again and overwrite - let me know if that corrects it?

My concern is the divot would only appear if there was some hex side being displayed. Is there any hex sides showing in the terrain box - or terrain type that is different to what is being shown?

Also could you post a shot of the light and medium bridges - particularly on the diagonal - I'd like to check alignment etc.

Thanks again - I have been doing some of this 'blind'...!

David
02-01-2015, 08:16 PM,
I have some good news and some bad news... The divots are gone, but something else has sprung up which I don't think was in the last version-pink squares:
[Image: PZC3.bmp]

The bridges look fine to me, but here are a couple of screenies:
[Image: PZC4.bmp]

[Image: PZC5.bmp]
02-01-2015, 09:00 PM,
76mm - my apologies, its one step forward one step back.

Please can you download this file and unzip and overwrite and let me know if the 'pink squares' of death are gone?

I'll then update the master accordingly. Unfortunately I can't test for these errors here...

Updated hexsides - download link

David