• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

move to fire
11-18-2015, 11:08 PM,
RE: move to fire
I've got Win 10 and have not noticed this. But, I also do not use a lot of hot keys.

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2015, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2015, 04:55 PM by Crossroads.)
(11-18-2015, 11:08 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I've got Win 10 and have not noticed this. But, I also do not use a lot of hot keys.

HSL

Thanks Ed. Can you confirm Ctrl + right click works for you when firing, and Toolbar Icon set on Move?

(11-18-2015, 10:45 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Maybe a fresh install will help? Do I need more patches than the 2.02 from Matrix or are the older ones all included? Main thing is I can still play just have to be a bit more methodical is all :-)

Why not, then we've tried that too. No further patches required. Just your basic install from DVD , then the 2.02 patch.

If Ctrl -key does not work for you at all, it might be a Windows 10 issue though. For instance there's been problems with Mouse suddenly stopping functioning, something we found when investigating a bug. So what we thought was a game bug might be about Mouse drivers instead? (See HERE).

It really makes no sense what you are seeing. If your reinstall doesn't work, or maybe even before that, can you verify Ctrl-key works elsewhere? Not that I can easily come with ideas where Ctrl-key is used in other applications... 

Dave/Scud, any ideas, seen anything like this in W10s?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-19-2015, 07:12 AM,
(11-19-2015, 12:38 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 11:08 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I've got Win 10 and have not noticed this. But, I also do not use a lot of hot keys.

HSL

Thanks Ed. Can you confirm Ctrl + right click works for you when firing, and Toolbar Icon set on Move?

(11-18-2015, 10:45 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Maybe a fresh install will help? Do I need more patches than the 2.02 from Matrix or are the older ones all included? Main thing is I can still play just have to be a bit more methodical is all :-)

Why not, then we've tried that too. No further patches required. Just your basic install from DVD , then the 2.02 patch.

If Ctrl -key does not work for you at all, it might be a Windows 10 issue though. For instance there's been problems with Mouse suddenly stopping functioning, something we found when investigating a bug. So what we thought was a game bug might be about Mouse drivers instead?  (See HERE).

It really makes no sense what you are seeing. If your reinstall doesn't work, or maybe even before that, can you verify Ctrl-key works elsewhere? Not that I can easily come with ideas where Ctrl-key is used in other applications... 

Dave/Sdud, any ideas, seen anything like this in W10s?

It must be a windows 1o thing as the ctrl button does not work on other sites or programs.....guess I am stuck with it :-(
11-19-2015, 07:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2015, 04:55 PM by Crossroads.)
Well bad news regardless :(

With W10 continuously updating itself, maybe the proper drivers will soon land at your laptop...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-19-2015, 07:26 AM,
(11-19-2015, 07:24 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Well bad news regardless :(

With W10 continuously updating itself, maybe the proper drivers will soon land at tour laptop...

I wanted to stay with windows 7 when I bought the new comp but they assured me 10 was better.............not so much :-)
11-19-2015, 07:39 AM,
(11-19-2015, 07:26 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 07:24 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Well bad news regardless :(

With W10 continuously updating itself, maybe the proper drivers will soon land at tour laptop...

I wanted to stay with windows 7 when I bought the new comp but they assured me 10 was better.............not so much :-)

Microsoft is screwing the pooch here.  They had better fix these Windows 10 keyboard & mouse problems (I confirm the latter on my wife's just converted Windows 10 laptop), else they will have a revolt on their hands.  And no way they will reach their ambitious goal of 1 billion new Windows 10 users within the first year after release.
11-19-2015, 07:58 AM,
Booo, Win 10, glad I didn't do it, my wifes computer is a mess now after updating to 7...
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
11-19-2015, 11:13 PM,
"Thanks Ed. Can you confirm Ctrl + right click works for you when firing, and Toolbar Icon set on Move?"

Just did it. And, it works!
With unit in move, control right click temporarily changes the icon to fire and goes right back when you stop depressing the control button.

Tried it three times in three different scenarios of ME and two of EF.

I'm not sure it's a bluster against Win10. Must be something else?

HSL
11-20-2015, 12:31 AM,
(11-19-2015, 11:13 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: "Thanks Ed. Can you confirm Ctrl + right click works for you when firing, and Toolbar Icon set on Move?"

Just did it. And, it works!
With unit in move, control right click temporarily changes the icon to fire and goes right back when you stop depressing the control button.

Tried it three times in three different scenarios of ME and two of EF.

I'm not sure it's a bluster against Win10. Must be something else?

HSL

Hey Ed,

Send me your computer :-)
 I also have noticed that when trying to post on boards that when I hit enter my curser goes to top of last sentence instead of bottom. I have to manually move to underneath to type next sentence......I suspect .......maybe it's the keyboard I'll try reinstalling my old one from Windows 7..........can't hurt :-)
11-29-2015, 05:01 AM,
The problem has been solved. I took out the new keyboard that came with the comp and am now using the old keyboard. The CTRL button now works and I can play the game like I remember :-)