• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

move to fire
11-17-2015, 12:42 AM,
move to fire
I am having to manually change  from move mode to fire and vice versa. I haven't played in a while but I thought you could press a hot key to shift back and forth on highlighted units. What am I missing?

Earl
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2015, 02:01 AM,
RE: move to fire
It should be as it always was. Check the toolbar that it is set on Move. Then holding Ctrl down and right clicking at target should make the selected unit(s) fire.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-17-2015, 02:37 AM,
(11-17-2015, 02:01 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: It should be as it always was. Check the toolbar that it is set on Move. Then holding Ctrl down and right clicking at target should make the selected unit(s) fire.

I did that yesterday but wouldn't work had to manually change the icon on the tool bar every time. I will try again after work.
11-17-2015, 03:16 AM,
OK, let me know how it goes.

Click at the Move/Fire icon, maybe toggle it a couple of times, then check pressing Ctrl toggles it too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-17-2015, 08:01 AM,
(11-17-2015, 03:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: OK, let me know how it goes.  

Click at the Move/Fire icon, maybe toggle it a couple of times, then check pressing Ctrl toggles it too.

Still no go.....pressing ctrl does absolutely nothing................it is the same for EF and WF. Maybe a windows 10 thing?
Going to make for some long turns I fear :-(
11-17-2015, 07:32 PM,
That's strange. Just to confirm:

- Click at the Move/Fire icon on Toolbar
- Next, press Ctrl button. You do not see it toggling?

I have a W10 set up as well. So far I've had no issues with any of the JTCS titles on it.

It does seem W10 is prone to more setup specific quirks than the older operating systems...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-18-2015, 06:37 AM,
(11-17-2015, 07:32 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: That's strange. Just to confirm:

I have a W10 set up as well. So far I've had no issues with any of the JTCS titles on it.

It does seem W10 is prone to more setup specific quirks than the older operating systems...

I can't make the ctrl toggle the change from move to fire or vice versa ...... still have to do it manually..........also the ctrl+p does not give me the op-fire box.......I have to get that from the units drop down menu........manually for every unit..........starting to take the enjoyment out of the game on first turn :-(
11-18-2015, 06:53 AM,
(11-18-2015, 06:37 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote:

I can't make the ctrl toggle the change from move to fire or vice versa ...... still have to do it manually..........also the ctrl+p does not give me the op-fire box.......I have to get that from the units drop down menu........manually for every unit..........starting to take the enjoyment out of the game on first turn :-(

Well that sucks :(

Do any of the Ctrl + <key> combos work then? Or is just these ones you mentioned, Fire+Move and OpFire?

How about say Ctrl+A for arrived, Ctrl + D for dig-in,  do they work? 

How about Alt key then, like if you use the mouse to set the fire mode on, then with the target cursor press Alt to fire Smoke with an Engineer perhaps?

Sorry, a lot of questions. Trying to understand what is going on here.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-18-2015, 04:24 PM,
(11-18-2015, 06:53 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:

Do any of the Ctrl + <key> combos work then? Or is just these ones you mentioned, Fire+Move and OpFire?

How about Alt key then, like if you use the mouse to set the fire mode on, then with the target cursor press Alt to fire Smoke with an Engineer perhaps?

Anyone else with this issue? 

There was a big Windows 10 update last week, essentially at SP1 level. Maybe that broke something. 

Trying to fix things like what VE is experiencing has proved to be quite a task. Evasive target, the bugs. Appear only in some systems, at times come and go too. W10 seems to be more suspect to this than what has been the case before :(
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-18-2015, 10:45 PM,
(11-18-2015, 04:24 PM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 06:53 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:

Anyone else with this issue? 

There was a big Windows 10 update last week, essentially at SP1 level. Maybe that broke something. 

Trying to fix things like what VE is experiencing has proved to be quite a task. Evasive target, the bugs. Appear only in some systems, at times come and go too. W10 seems to be more suspect to this than what has been the case before :(

Maybe a fresh install will help? Do I need more patches than the 2.02 from Matrix or are the older ones all included? Main thing is I can still play just have to be a bit more methodical is all :-)