• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz dropping SP?
11-14-2015, 02:12 AM,
RE: Blitz dropping SP?
(11-13-2015, 10:03 AM)low_bidder Wrote: Yes, the actual real world battles were too big to simulate in SP anyway.  Plus the downside of using entry deployment is you have to 'stack' the incoming units on the entry hex for a turn.  That gets tedious quickly.  I try to keep the unit count under 200 just for my sanity.  If this woreks as evisioned (ha ha) there will be little overhead.  Mostly changing entry hexes for a new battle.  I will need a "Leaderboard" of some sort.  Still thinking about that.  IIRC, Air Master is a golfer..  Golfers use leaderboards so I hope to pick his brain.
As far as players, After 20+ years of SP:PBEM I have quite the list of E-mail addresses.  Part of the overhead will be contacting those players to see if they are still  playing.  It would be nice to have an inspirational "Rally 'round the Flag" boys message, which would fly faster coming from an authority figure such as yourself.  
I will contact Wilfur to see if he is still willing to help with maps.  We did that before and are good at picking up what the other fella missed.  Nothing ticks me off more then running down a road and then BAM, you hit an invisible building and get m-killed.
I will look into opening an E-mail box to store everything in.  
This sort of Tourney will work better with half a dozen players.  That way everybody plays 5 battles.  
I have already started some of the prep work and will start contacting players on a contingent basis.
After all, the secondary purpose is to increase traffic here.

I'll definitely sign up for the tournament. Who else?
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2015, 06:45 AM,
RE: Blitz dropping SP?
(11-13-2015, 10:03 AM)low_bidder Wrote: Yes, the actual real world battles were too big to simulate in SP anyway.  Plus the downside of using entry deployment is you have to 'stack' the incoming units on the entry hex for a turn. 

Not true, you do it this way:  create battle option//buy force 1//buy force 2//save game after purchase and BEFORE the deploy button is clicked//send battle to P2 who selects DEPLOY and deploys the force you bought//P2 sends file to P1 who now deploys the force you bought.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply