• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Arty causes freeze in "Into Africa"
10-21-2015, 01:39 AM,
RE: Arty causes freeze in "Into Africa"
(10-20-2015, 10:41 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: LOL! I thought it was my "young whipper snapper" impatience or my curmudgeon "old" lack of patience. I disliked Win 8.1 so much that I took the plunge when offered Win 10.
Except for the irritating Win 10 'double' shut down, all is well (so far). My desktop ported over with no losses and only a couple visual changes. All files stayed fine. I downloaded CSME on the Win 10 install.

OBA's are my only crash point. I'm going to try the scenario from the Egyptian side to see if it crashes. Mike said it did not for him. I have some time today to fool around with it.

Farmer

HSL

If it crashes, and it's only crashing for you, I'd uninstall the whole thing and reinstall again. Basically the computer tech version of hitting the box with the side of your hand a few times...um...you could try that too.  Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2015, 02:12 AM,
(10-21-2015, 01:39 AM)Scud Wrote: If it crashes, and it's only crashing for you, I'd uninstall the whole thing and reinstall again. Basically the computer tech version of hitting the box with the side of your hand a few times...um...you could try that too.  Smile

We had one guy where his game would crash on loading the game BMPs.  The error logs indicated corrupted BMPs.  Despite several reinstalls, his game kept crashing.  Finally, out of desperation, I ZIPped up and privately made available for his download my entire game graphics folder.  When he copied in place just those files, his problems were solved, no more crashes!  WTF?! Crazy
10-21-2015, 04:08 AM,
(10-20-2015, 10:55 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: I am quite happy with my W10 as well. Go figure, is this the new Microsoft or what? All my settings were saved, all apps are working apart my old Total War Rome and Total War Medieval CD games which are broken due to their DRM model dropped by Microsoft.

It would be interesting to hear how Into Africa plays with AI using the off board artillery. Do let us know, hopefully this is sorted sooner rather than later!

Edit: for the record, I am using the default install locations for both games, so both are under Matrix Games but each under their own game folders then:

C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series
C:\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

Yes, I find no fault with Win10. Microsoft did me a solid for buying all the other versions?

Into Africa was played earlier today versus the AI. Sure enough there was no crash when the AI ran the Israeli artillery. Idea2 Go figure! So, I kicked his arse and he never was able to  move north. Scared3

BTW, I also have the same game folders. Thank you 3

Farmer

HSL
10-24-2015, 09:40 AM,
I have encountered the same problem with this scenario. Arty crashes the game. Although I am on WIN7.
10-24-2015, 10:00 AM,
(10-24-2015, 09:40 AM)kolc Wrote: I have encountered the same problem with this scenario. Arty crashes the game. Although I am on WIN7.

This is one of those particularly nasty bugs where, even with the same save files, even with the same installation (Warhorse made available to me a ZIP file of his entire installation), other members of the Dev Team can't reproduce the crash.

That said, we are hard at work implementing an enhanced logging system which, if it won't pinpoint bugs, will do better at telling us where to start looking.
10-24-2015, 11:15 AM,
Patience fellows, we are working on it! Very, very tough when others are unable to replicate, I too have win 7. Can you also confirm playing the scenario as the Arab, that the Israeli player under AI control, is able to plot the arty a-ok?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-24-2015, 09:34 PM,
Yes, playing as the Arab, the Israeli AI successfully plotted arty. I was also able to successfully plot arty as the Arab. It was when I was playing as the Israeli (Arab AI) that the game crashed when I plotted arty.
10-25-2015, 03:17 AM,
Thank you sir, pushing on, working on it!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/