• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTSC Unit Viewer
10-08-2015, 04:09 PM,
JTSC Unit Viewer
Guys, 

Am having trouble getting the JTSCUnitViewer to work in the new Matrix Mid-East Campaign Series game.

I open tools folder - where the unit viewer is located - click on the icon - and a window pops-up telling me "path  to game not found."

I also tried the link that is included in the unit viewer folder - downloaded what was said to the latest version - and the same thing happened - same window - same message. 

Is there anyway to get this to work, as am working on an oob and would like to see unit descriptions.

Am running Windows 8.1.

Cheers.

Spud.
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 12:00 AM,
RE: JTSC Unit Viewer
I know, it works within the game, using F3, but I used to be able to use it outside of the game, now I can'r, don't know what the problem is. I've put in my settings and everything, it will work to a version of it in another harddrive, but the path I want to use it for is CSME, no go...Maybe Arkady has a solution, or ideas?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-09-2015, 01:28 AM,
Do you have the correct paths in the settings.txt, found at the /JTCS_UnitViewer folder?

When you launch Unit Viewer from in-game, with F3, it launches the viewer with proper parameters in place.

However if you launch it from a desktop shortcut, or clicking at the folder, it expects a proper path in the settings.txt.

Let me know how it goes.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-09-2015, 09:22 AM,
I have found a way around the problem - that being to first open a scenario with both sides in manual mode  - then open unit viewer and close scenario - leaving the unit viewer open to use with oob creation page.

I checked the tools file and found the settings.txt.

It said MiddleEast=.

Also see you can change the path in the actual viewer itself.

However, am rather at a lose as to what 'path' means and how I can adjust it?

Thanks.

Spud.
10-09-2015, 10:33 AM,
(10-09-2015, 01:28 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Do you have the correct paths in the settings.txt, found at the /JTCS_UnitViewer folder?

When you launch Unit Viewer from in-game, with F3, it launches the viewer with proper parameters in place.

However if you launch it from a desktop shortcut, or clicking at the folder, it expects a proper path in the settings.txt.

Let me know how it goes.

Yep, still no go, deleted the EF, WF, RS even, still is all that shows up if I try to open outside the game, I don't get it... It used to work.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

10-09-2015, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 02:50 PM by Crossroads.)
Here's my settings:

East Front=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\East Front
West Front=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\West Front
Rising Sun=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Rising Sun
Middle East=C:\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

Hope this helps!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-09-2015, 02:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 02:54 PM by Jim von Krieg.)
I've had this issue every time we had an update from Jason during development.  You have to go into the JTCS_UnitViewer folder settings text file and set the pointer to

Middle East=c:\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

or if you have your game in a different folder

It needs to point to where ever your ME game folder is.  Jason always had something screwy and I would have to update it in my settings txt file.  I think I was the one that used the JTCS Viewer the most as I used it for the description text for all the units.  And I mean "EVERY" unit.  LOL...

Regards,

Jim Mays (von Krieg)

CS Legion
10-09-2015, 03:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015, 03:13 PM by Crossroads.)
Mike I recall you had like really long folder paths to your install.

To make sure no typos have you tried to right click the File Explorer path and Copy As A Text to your clipboard, then to paste to settings.txt?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-10-2015, 10:41 AM,
Thanks very, very much for that very important tip, Petri!! Of all the years I've used a computer, I didn't know of doing that, that was the ticket!!! A space was the culprit, I knew it was going to be something stupid!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

10-10-2015, 05:25 PM,
(10-10-2015, 10:41 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Thanks very, very much for that very important tip, Petri!! Of all the years I've used a computer, I didn't know of doing that, that was the ticket!!! A space was the culprit, I knew it was going to be something stupid!!

It is always something stupid!   Propeller Hat
Visit us at CSLegion.com