• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
JTSC Unit Viewer - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: JTSC Unit Viewer (/showthread.php?tid=68565)

JTSC Unit Viewer - Spud - 10-08-2015

Guys, 

Am having trouble getting the JTSCUnitViewer to work in the new Matrix Mid-East Campaign Series game.

I open tools folder - where the unit viewer is located - click on the icon - and a window pops-up telling me "path  to game not found."

I also tried the link that is included in the unit viewer folder - downloaded what was said to the latest version - and the same thing happened - same window - same message. 

Is there anyway to get this to work, as am working on an oob and would like to see unit descriptions.

Am running Windows 8.1.

Cheers.

Spud.

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Warhorse - 10-09-2015

I know, it works within the game, using F3, but I used to be able to use it outside of the game, now I can'r, don't know what the problem is. I've put in my settings and everything, it will work to a version of it in another harddrive, but the path I want to use it for is CSME, no go...Maybe Arkady has a solution, or ideas?

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Crossroads - 10-09-2015

Do you have the correct paths in the settings.txt, found at the /JTCS_UnitViewer folder?

When you launch Unit Viewer from in-game, with F3, it launches the viewer with proper parameters in place.

However if you launch it from a desktop shortcut, or clicking at the folder, it expects a proper path in the settings.txt.

Let me know how it goes.

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Spud - 10-09-2015

I have found a way around the problem - that being to first open a scenario with both sides in manual mode  - then open unit viewer and close scenario - leaving the unit viewer open to use with oob creation page.

I checked the tools file and found the settings.txt.

It said MiddleEast=.

Also see you can change the path in the actual viewer itself.

However, am rather at a lose as to what 'path' means and how I can adjust it?

Thanks.

Spud.

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Warhorse - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 01:28 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Do you have the correct paths in the settings.txt, found at the /JTCS_UnitViewer folder?

When you launch Unit Viewer from in-game, with F3, it launches the viewer with proper parameters in place.

However if you launch it from a desktop shortcut, or clicking at the folder, it expects a proper path in the settings.txt.

Let me know how it goes.

Yep, still no go, deleted the EF, WF, RS even, still is all that shows up if I try to open outside the game, I don't get it... It used to work.

Here's my settings:

East Front=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\East Front
West Front=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\West Front
Rising Sun=C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Rising Sun
Middle East=C:\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

Hope this helps!

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Jim von Krieg - 10-09-2015

I've had this issue every time we had an update from Jason during development.  You have to go into the JTCS_UnitViewer folder settings text file and set the pointer to

Middle East=c:\Matrix Games\Campaign Series Middle East

or if you have your game in a different folder

It needs to point to where ever your ME game folder is.  Jason always had something screwy and I would have to update it in my settings txt file.  I think I was the one that used the JTCS Viewer the most as I used it for the description text for all the units.  And I mean "EVERY" unit.  LOL...

Regards,

Jim Mays (von Krieg)

CS Legion

Mike I recall you had like really long folder paths to your install.

To make sure no typos have you tried to right click the File Explorer path and Copy As A Text to your clipboard, then to paste to settings.txt?

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Warhorse - 10-10-2015

Thanks very, very much for that very important tip, Petri!! Of all the years I've used a computer, I didn't know of doing that, that was the ticket!!! A space was the culprit, I knew it was going to be something stupid!!

RE: JTSC Unit Viewer - Crossroads - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 10:41 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Thanks very, very much for that very important tip, Petri!! Of all the years I've used a computer, I didn't know of doing that, that was the ticket!!! A space was the culprit, I knew it was going to be something stupid!!

It is always something stupid!   Propeller Hat