• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
10-08-2015, 05:07 AM,
RE: The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
Any hint would land me in the stocks with the designer (Ed) throwing rotten fruit at me!! Big Grin2

So sorry, any info on any future WW1 title will only come through Ed, all I can say is the FWWC series is alive and being worked on, while the PzC series is on a back burner at this time, but as Strela said there is no reason to believe that there will not be new PzC titles at some future date. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 08:52 AM,
If they do the Battle of Berlin, maybe Steiner will show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PmzdINGZk
10-08-2015, 05:50 PM,
(10-08-2015, 08:52 AM)wildb Wrote: If they do the Battle of Berlin, maybe Steiner will show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PmzdINGZk

There could be a strategy decision: Search for Fegelein Big Grin2
10-09-2015, 12:20 AM,
Well, next WWI title has a good chance to cover the "south" area of EP14 with more cossacks but now facing AH... the interest is for me in if is possible for the serie cover middle east area (Meggido) at company level to adapt to "smaller" actions... for the trench warfare could be harder adapt serie... east and middle east for me is WWI future.
12-13-2015, 09:52 AM,
A game that covers Dragoon to the Rhine as well as the Metz campaign would be great. I prefer WW2 West Front over East Front for the simple reason that there were more motorized units. The Eastern front games get old - who wants to move 200-300 Russian infantry units 1-2 hexes per turn? <snore>
12-13-2015, 10:09 AM,
(10-09-2015, 12:20 AM)Xaver Wrote: Well, next WWI title has a good chance to cover the "south" area of EP14 with more cossacks but now facing AH... 

My guess - the Brusilov Offensive will be next.
12-13-2015, 02:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015, 02:30 PM by Kuriltai.)
I too would like to see Berlin '45.
I believe there was a SPI boardgame on the topic that had one player controling the Soviets and the west front Germans vs the Allies and the east front Germans. SS Panzer army would make for an interesting strategic option.Perhaps the game could even move into an Allied - Soviet conflict.
12-13-2015, 09:41 PM,
(12-13-2015, 02:30 PM)Kuriltai Wrote: I too would like to see Berlin '45.
I believe there was a SPI boardgame on the topic that had one player controling the Soviets and the west front Germans vs the Allies and the east front Germans. SS Panzer army would make for an interesting strategic option.Perhaps the game could even move into an Allied - Soviet conflict.

I totally lost interest in these games when it looks like possibly the last PzC's title was published for a very long time.
This move towards WWI is not for me and although WWI is interesting to read about, sadly for me it is hardly the fluid movement of WWII. I have heard all the aurguments to the contrary of course, but dress it up as you like, once things settled down to trench warefare it was simply a war of attrition.
Each to there own opinion of course but that is my take on the way these games are going.
With this post I simply wanted to point out we are not all happy with things in the Operational Series.
Lucky for me at least there are still some new games out there that fit my crieria.

Gordon cheers
12-13-2015, 11:16 PM,
(12-13-2015, 09:41 PM)Gordons HQ Wrote:

I totally lost interest in these games when it looks like possibly the last PzC's title was published for a very long time.
This move towards WWI is not for me and although WWI is interesting to read about, sadly for me it is hardly the fluid movement of WWII. I have heard all the aurguments to the contrary of course, but dress it up as you like, once things settled down to trench warefare it was simply a war of attrition.
Each to there own opinion of course but that is my take on the way these games are going.
With this post I simply wanted to point out we are not all happy with things in the Operational Series.
Lucky for me at least there are still some new games out there that fit my crieria.

Gordon cheers

The problem with this is that the First World War Campaigns did not displace Panzer Campaigns -that's Ed Williams' series - full stop. I imagine if he wants to elaborate on this he can - but I believe his is not only the Scenario Designer but also to project manager for that series.

I get the idea that David Freer had the opportunity to work on some PzC, did that ... was offered the opportunity to work on PzB ... did that, and that proved to be a pretty big success (in terms of JTS -and that according to what JT himself was saying on that video interview from about a year or so ago) - and basically an educated guess is that as a business you pursue what is likely to be your bigger success (and in this case success = sales) -so other things end up on the back burner.

There are only so many guys to go around - and while I have not been that involved with things on that end of JTS ( I guess the way I understand it is this -there are different project teams - several of them - it is not necessarily limited to a project manager per series... it can be several series under a project manager, or maybe it is one ... dunno - just know that the separation means that if you work in one area you are going to be much more familiar with the processes and work flow of that area. I have done most everything under Rich Hamilton's teams -with a fairly brief excursion into the apps testing earlier this year.

Anyway - I don't know that any series is ended - some are dormant I guess ... but nothing is done as far as I understand it. FWWC doesn't mean anything as far as PzC goes - it is a separate project under Ed.

-That being said if I had to guess - and knowing how research goes - I would guess that something in Galicia would be next - if only because it was probably likely that the same source material for the Russian 1914 East Prussia OOB would probably have the same sort of info on the armies facing Austria-Hungary.

-PzC? Who knows - I get the idea that at the moment PzB has precedence; that and I think Glenn is enjoying his time working CFL games (who can blame him ... ok I think he got an injury in one game -so it sorta screwed up his schedule for football this year.  Its pretty funny really - he'll usually ignore my hockey stories (being about as old as him - I got a few - let me tell you).. unless I say something nice about the Calgary Flames.  And to show that I can ... let me end this on: I still remember Lanny MacDonald's mo ... it was legendary - to me it is synonymous with Flames hockey (nevermind that I think he started on the Leafs ... :) )
Send this user an email
12-14-2015, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 07:37 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(12-13-2015, 09:41 PM)Gordons HQ Wrote:

Gordon cheers

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Smile

Personally I don't require a constant production line of new releases to keep my interest in these series, there are so many titles already I will never get to play all the ones that exist already!  

Of course there was trench stalemate on the Western Front from 1915 onwards and people with limited knowledge of WW1 always fall back on that fact, but WW1 was a world war not just confined to France and there were plenty of campaigns that were fluid and if there was any stalemate it was often as each side rested and recouped before the next push. Wink