• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
10-01-2015, 05:57 AM,
Help  The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
"02 Nov 2012- Panzer Campaigns: Moscow '42 has been released."

This was the last Panzer Campaigns to be released, it has been almost three years.   Does anyone know if there are any more planned or was this the Last One?
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 07:28 AM,
RE: The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
There has been no talk of ending the series that I am aware of, I think that with Strela moving his focus to Panzer Battles any PzC titles that were in the development stages may have been placed on a back burner for now?

Although you did ask about PzC, I can say with certainty that there will be new FWWC titles in the future. Wink
10-01-2015, 01:03 PM,
(10-01-2015, 05:57 AM)Deturk Wrote: "02 Nov 2012- Panzer Campaigns: Moscow '42 has been released."

This was the last Panzer Campaigns to be released, it has been almost three years.   Does anyone know if there are any more planned or was this the Last One?

Well I'd never say never but the team that worked on the last two Panzer Campaigns is full time on Panzer battles.

We are close to release on our second Panzer Battles title and already underway on the third. We have at least two others in some state of planning.

We did have other Panzer Campaign titles planned but they would probably have to be picked up by another team if they are to come out anytime soon.

As you point out, it is three years since Moscow '42 and to give perspective a game needs at least two years from the start of a project to delivery. In many case that is very optimistic timing. It usually requires a couple of fully invested individuals to make a timeline that short.

Finally, there are 21 games released in Panzer Campaigns (not including FWWC). That is a hell of a lot of play time. I doubt many people have them all and I personally think that the coverage is pretty good currently. We'd be happy to see people picking up the titles they don't have and giving them a try.

David
10-01-2015, 08:17 PM,
Well. you know Strela, the best title is the future one hehehe.

Maybe in PzC i feel that even covering a good amount of campaigns are certain MIA campaigns (specially when in nap serie finally we have a Peninsular title), for example for me PzC serie with no Berlin title is like leave serie with no end... some east titles are needed to cover early war (south and north front) maybe something in Poland (where play with soviets+germans in same side and maybe an early war between them in a what if) ... and maybe the biggest isue is for me that we have a new PzC rule that is not used yet in the serie (fanatic nations) with a leak with a japanese unit... but here maybe both can jump to PzB engine that offers better options ... or not.

PzB now is a serie with a very active team and maybe the scale is going to help a lot titles that at PzC scale are good but that cant offer all they have (PzB3 Afrika???).

But if i dont have bad memory next PzC scale title is going to be from WWI serie, the 2nd part of East Prusia...
10-01-2015, 09:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 09:38 PM by ComradeP.)
Quote: for example for me PzC serie with no Berlin title is like leave serie with no end... some east titles are needed to cover early war (south and north front) maybe something in Poland (where play with soviets+germans in same side and maybe an early war between them in a what if)

The Germans would need some serious artificial balancing help to make a Berlin title interesting. Aside from being the climactic battle of the war in Europe, it was a one-sided operation from the start. The Germans were weak and very limited defenses were in place in Berlin itself.

East Prussia '44-45 could be interesting as there's enough to do and the forces are less unevenly matched, and the EP '14 map could be used as a base with some modifications for new rail lines/roads and changes to the terrain

Fall Weiss typically doesn't attract much attention from US developers, I'm not sure why. Maybe because it's less well known than the war in France?

Northern and Eastern Europe featured relatively few forces covering a lot of terrain, a huge map also brings balancing problems with it.

In terms of which campaigns are truly still missing, I miss mostly Fall Weiss and operations in the Ukraine west of the Dnepr in 1943-1944. The latter could, if it has a big enough map, also cover operations in June 1941 as a bonus campaign (or the other way around, of course). That would be a big title and a nice end of the series in my opinion. The map would need to be huge if it would need to cover all the fighting in the Ukraine up to the Dnepr, but covering the area from the 1941 border to Cherkassy or so to the Dnepr between the Pripyat Marshes and Uman would make the map comparable to Moscow '42 in size.

The summer phase of Fall Blau is also missing, but it's more or less impossible to cover in a single title due to the front extending towards the Caucasus.
10-02-2015, 12:40 AM,
When i refer to Berlin45 title i refer to the road to final battle and attack by 2 fronts... with a title ala Sicily with 2 "allies" running for the goal and maybe with some what if scens with west VS east in 1945 even with some german units to add more interest to the scens (Maybe "allied" controling german troops to try win Berlin before soviet player do it).

Is a title with interesting options.

Maybe over use big maps to cover barbarrossa campaigns is better divide it in 3 titles with diferent maps to cover diferent moments of the campaing... early (frontier war), middle and late (when winter arrive).

Any way now the first step in future is PzB2 and i feel we are going to see before a new PzC title a WWI title.
10-02-2015, 12:50 AM,
Operation Dragoon with a final scenario that would make the entire WF along with Cobra up to MG or with strategy options, you could do the whole WF as one scenario. It would be large and long, but would be great for a play when you can team game.

Me personally, I would first rather see somebody make a master 2d relief map for each series to be released as patches for them. One Master file for every terrain type in the series, not the game, but the whole series. I think those maps would go a long way to breathing new life into all the series. A lot of people like that eye candy as it is the first thing most people notice about a title other than the name.
10-02-2015, 07:25 AM,
1999 to 2015 with 21 PzC, 5 MC & 2 FWWC titles containing over a thousand scenarios and we are still hungry for new titles Big Grin , just goes to show what am amazing series of games JT and this crew have produced over the years Respect4 

Personally I will never hope to scratch the surface of this amount of games, but I do understand that it does create interest in the series when new titles are in the pipeline.
10-02-2015, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 05:49 AM by Kool Kat.)
(10-02-2015, 07:25 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Personally I will never hope to scratch the surface of this amount of games, but I do understand that it does create interest in the series when new titles are in the pipeline.

Gents: Smoke7

Math time!  Wink

Based on a quick review of reported ladder games for my favorite (and only! Yikes ) PzC title - Sicily 43... it appears other players are only "scratching" the surface of playing PzC scenarios?

Sicily 43 - (Approx. 52 Scenarios)

71% of scenarios have 5 or less reported game results.
36% of scenarios have no reported game results.
25% of scenarios have 10 or more reported games results.

For me, I will not be playing all Sicily 43 scenarios due to lack of interest for specific titles and time constraints - I'm currently engaged in the "Dry Feet Campaign" (172 turns) with Sean (The Bishop) - and that "monster" scenario is monopolizing (in a good way! Big Grin ) the majority of my gaming time.

So many scenarios... so little time!  Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-07-2015, 05:51 AM,
(10-01-2015, 07:28 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Although you did ask about PzC, I can say with certainty that there will be new FWWC titles in the future. Wink

Okay, you know I can't let that go without asking:  any hint as to what these FWWC titles will cover?

While I'm a huge PzC fan (and am still playing through the various titles, having only played about half so far), I would be a first-day buyer for any new FWWC title.