• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
01-06-2016, 01:42 PM,
RE: The LAST PANZER CAMPAIGNS GAME?
(01-06-2016, 01:54 AM)devoncop Wrote: HPS could sell a lot more with better marketing I would suggest.
HPS "marketing" efforts were basically non-existent; I don't know, but I suspect that is why JTS took the franchise back a few years ago now. 

I'm sure that JTS could do more, but Strela's posts on this forum for his Moscow 42 game and the Panzer Battles titles have been an excellent means of getting the game out in front of gamers (at least whatever gamers frequents this forum).

JTS' catalog of PzC titles represents quite an investment, and much greater value than any single new title would bring in.  Therefore, personally I think it would be nuts to let the whole series gradually lose its value as it sinks into irrelevance/obsolescence by not introducing anything to the PzC series for several years, as might now be the case.

I'm sure that Tiller is aware of and thinking about these issues, so its up for him to decide, but my personal vote would be for release of a map editor (priced similarly to once of the games) as described above in this thread.

As to OJW's proposals for super-scenarios--I would probably be interested in any of them on the Eastern Front, maybe also in North Africa, but wonder how many players these would appeal to?  From this forum, it sounds like many players don't even like the campaign scenarios in the existing PzC titles, much less something 3 or 4 times longer?  And I think that programming a decent AI for such a long campaign would be very difficult, if not impossible--from my experience the AI already struggles in normal PzC campaign scenarios.  So for a limited number of head-to-head multiplayer groups, these scenarios would be amazing, but I have no idea how many of those there are...
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 12:36 AM,
Maybe my idea might be better served for the Strategic War series. But revamp it, especially the combat. One shouldn't know the odds before adding more and more to get what they want. Divisions could have complete toe's so you still have access to everything like in PzCs. Divs and Bdes running around is fine, but many units had broken down into much more when needed. You could implement things by a point system and a situation where you have a div that needs 100 rail points to move to the threatened sector, but you only have 40. You can access a table containing the sub units and decide to add up to 40 points worth to send this turn or 30 points worth and 10 points of supplies or whatever. But definitely have the whole organization like in PzCs. A huge hole has to be plugged on the EF and you have to breakdown 23rd Pz Div into several KGs to do it until more help arrives. You're not breaking down by points, but by units where you decide to create 4 KG and you split it into 4 small Bdes to do it by selecting the subunits to add to each one, even breaking an Engineer battalion to add some to each one. This is just quick thinking to maybe ignite an idea folks. It doesn't hurt to look around. Maybe something will pop up.
01-13-2016, 05:28 AM,
Me, I'd be happy (for a while) if somebody just added a little to the south and east of the Normandy '44 map to include the Falaise Gap battles......

I was disappointed when neither this nor Cobra was included I the original game.
01-13-2016, 05:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2016, 05:48 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
I believe there is a Cobra mod scenario in our member Mod scenario depository, no idea how good it is?

Click the link below...........

Cobra scenario
01-13-2016, 08:46 AM,
(01-13-2016, 05:47 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I believe there is a Cobra mod scenario in our member Mod scenario depository, no idea how good it is?

Cobra scenario

Yeah, I have it. There are also Goodwood and Falaise scenarios, but they really can't be complete without more map to the south and east.
01-14-2016, 01:08 AM,
(01-13-2016, 08:46 AM)chrisp Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 05:47 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: I believe there is a Cobra mod scenario in our member Mod scenario depository, no idea how good it is?

Cobra scenario

Yeah, I have it. There are also Goodwood and Falaise scenarios, but they really can't be complete without more map to the south and east.

Maybe include a mod campaign to add Dragoon and the race across France up to Market-Garden.

Somebody linked all the campaigns from NGP, FG and Danube and added Berlin and Denmark plus the other campaigns with loaded OOBs.  Things can be done, just somebody that knows how to do it good has to want to do it.  It is a lot to ask though.
01-17-2016, 01:02 AM,
So a quick update on the system from a newbie:

I went ahead and purchased Sicily 43 as well as Kursk and played blind the Gela scenario as Axis. What a blast.

Totally incompetant Coastal Italian Division but heroic Italian Paratroops recaptured Gela after fierce fighting on the penultimate turn to grab an undeserved draw.

Herman Goering Division KG's were much less effective than they could have been due to stubborn US Para drops on main roads though one unfortunate stick of Paras landed almost on top of one KG and did not survive the first 2 hours.

Incredibly atmospheric and hugely satisfying.
01-17-2016, 01:44 AM,
Glad you enjoyed it, that scenario was my first ever recorded game at this club 12 years ago! Wink