• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vehicle Victory Points
10-20-2015, 11:03 AM,
RE: Vehicle Victory Points
Wow, talk about unearthed arcana. Nice find. : )
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2015, 11:17 AM,
Yeah, losing armor hurts, a lot!  You can be ahead in the attrition battle and in control of enough VP's to secure a victory and still lose the game because you lost too much armor.  Armor can be very fragile in this game!
10-20-2015, 08:18 PM,
In SB, armor is a support weapon...needs to be used that way or face the wrath of the VP gods' fury!
10-21-2015, 01:23 AM,
Well done Keif!!!!

I had yet to find that. Very good info!
10-21-2015, 03:43 AM,
What a really odd place to put somewhat crucial information. It should have it's own section.

What kolc said is completely correct. Armor in SB is mainly for support, at least when the game was first conceived and designed. As the game aged, savvy designers felt comfortable using armor in its own right, like the Galloping against Monsters scenario in the Winter War tourney. In that scenario vehicles make up about 90% of the Russian side, and you have to be a bit more aggressive than you normally would with lightly armored vehicles...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-25-2015, 08:07 PM,
(10-20-2015, 02:19 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Whew, B A B Y ! ! ! !  

Russian T-28s in Winter War, what a point bonanza!!  With a crew of 6 and an armor factor of 40, that makes these bad boys worth 18 VPs to kill.  

http://prntscr.com/8t03m6

I have definitely begun to re-think how I use tanks if looking for a VP differential!

Kritterpaw would have had at least a draw had he not gambled on those beasty-things!  Good thing we're not playing for money!!

Aaaaaaah, now I see how that game so quickly slipped away. Feels like I'd doubled down two tens, to then draw two three's. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.