• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vehicle Victory Points
09-03-2015, 11:53 PM,
Vehicle Victory Points
So I am a newbie!!  ROTFLMAO Or must be, since I do not know this nor can I find it with a quick search of user.pdf. 

Is there a way to tell how many VPs are awarded for destroying vehicles?  I know leaders are worth 2 VPs, individual squad members worth 1 VP.  What about vehicles?  What about horse-vehicles? Are VPs awarded equal to the armor factor?  Is it a function of crew size (i.e. 4 crew, so 4 VPs)? 

Do the manuals explain this anywhere?
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 12:25 AM,
RE: Vehicle Victory Points
I can't remember the exact breakdown, but it is a function of armor and crew size. Non-armored vehicles like trucks and wagons multiply their crew size times two. This means that vehicles without an inherent crew, like horses and motorcycles, are not worth any victory points. As the armor increases, the multiplier becomes three and then four. I don't have time to try and find it in the manual right now, but I'll look when I get back from work. And as a side note, in scenarios with exit hexes, I am pretty sure that vehicles that exit have their values multiplied times two whereas infantry is only the their inherent value.

This is system is not perfect, for an example a multi-million dollar helicopter is worth the same number of victory points as a jeep with a machine gun, but it is easy.
09-04-2015, 12:37 AM,
Thanks Jeff, you are ever the patient teacher. I am doing some play-testing and getting really interesting findings.
09-04-2015, 04:50 AM,
No, you are trying to figure out how many of my tanks you need to kill!

;)

To be frank, I can't figure out how they are figuring out the values for each vehicle. I've looked in all the manuals. It does seem that in a game with exits, the amount you get when you exit a vehicle is 2x what it would be if it were to get taken out.

For example.

A T-26 has an armor value of 15 and a crew of 3. It's worth 6 points to kill, 12 to exit. A BA-6 has an armor of 6 and a crew of 4 and is worth 8 points to whack, 16 to exit. In my mind the T-26 should be a more valuable target because it's much harder to take out, but it's actually worth less VPs to exit and, from the other side, kill.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-04-2015, 05:07 AM,
(09-04-2015, 04:50 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: No, you are trying to figure out how many of my tanks you need to kill!

;)       E X A C T I M U N D O ! ! ! !

To be frank, I can't figure out how they are figuring out the values for each vehicle.  I've looked in all the manuals.  It does seem that in a game with exits, the amount you get when you exit a vehicle is 2x what it would be if it were to get taken out.

For example.

A T-26 has an armor value of 15 and a crew of 3.  It's worth 6 points to kill, 12 to exit.  A BA-6 has an armor of 6 and a crew of 4 and is worth 8 points to whack, 16 to exit.  In my mind the T-26 should be a more valuable target because it's much harder to take out, but it's actually worth less VPs to exit and, from the other side, kill.

Well, it is heartwarming to see the high value John places on human life!

jeff is no doubt correct regarding the armor factor.  Curious to see where those dividers are, but Alan is also correct that for this scenario (Galloping against Monsters in Winter War), all the vehicles are at the [crew x 2] grade.    So the armored car with a crew of 4 becomes more VP valuable than the tank with a crew of 3.   And of course, the truck with the quad MG (lethality of 160 !!!!!) is worth the same VP-wise as an unarmed truck. 

Horses, zero crew, zero VPs   That's worth a "horse-laugh"

And yes, I am trying to see how best to play this as the Finns.  Seems a lose-lose situation no matter what one does.  Too bad horses do not block roads! Or did you not know that? Oh crap .....
09-04-2015, 07:53 AM,
I thought on this killing of Soviets units in that Galloping with Monsters scenario. Each kill earns the Finnish player triple VP! Base points for killing the unit and 2x base points for preventing it from exiting! Denying the enemy victory points.
Calm down and shoot Russians.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-05-2015, 03:48 AM,
(09-04-2015, 12:25 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: I can't remember the exact breakdown, but it is a function of armor and crew size.  Non-armored vehicles like trucks and wagons multiply their crew size times two.  This means that vehicles without an inherent crew, like horses and motorcycles, are not worth any victory points.  As the armor increases, the multiplier becomes three and then four.  I don't have time to try and find it in the manual right now, but I'll look when I get back from work.  And as a side note, in scenarios with exit hexes, I am pretty sure that vehicles that exit have their values multiplied times two whereas infantry is only the their inherent value.

This is system is not perfect, for an example a multi-million dollar helicopter is worth the same number of victory points as a jeep with a machine gun, but it is easy.

Steve noted in a recent EMAIL, correctly, I believe, that it looks simply like a function of crew size.  x2 for a kill.  x4 for an exit.  Why else would a lightly armored BA-6 be worth more to kill than a T-26?  Armor should have been a factor, you'd think, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you do the math, it works.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-05-2015, 12:48 PM,
I set up a test scenario and ran it a couple of times as I couldn't find the values in the user's manual either. I think I found the breakdowns, but I am not positive. I believe for vehicles with armor values of 0-20, the multiplier is 2, for vehicles with armor values 21-40, the multiplier is 3 and for vehicles with an armor value greater than 40, the multiplier is 4.

The values for guns work the same way in that there is a multiplier times the crew size. I am pretty sure that the multiplier is 2. So a 45mm AT gun is worth six points, as is a T-26 tank mounting the same gun and both are worth more than an Apache helicopter (armor value of 15, crew of two, VP value of four). Like I said, it might not always be equitable, but it is easy.
10-20-2015, 02:19 AM,
Whew, B A B Y ! ! ! !

Russian T-28s in Winter War, what a point bonanza!! With a crew of 6 and an armor factor of 40, that makes these bad boys worth 18 VPs to kill.

http://prntscr.com/8t03m6

I have definitely begun to re-think how I use tanks if looking for a VP differential!

Kritterpaw would have had at least a draw had he not gambled on those beasty-things! Good thing we're not playing for money!!
10-20-2015, 08:40 AM,
[Image: points.jpg]
Send this user an email