• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
07-22-2015, 01:05 AM,
RE: MapMod incompatible with JTS PzC games ?
(07-21-2015, 11:28 PM)trauth116 Wrote: ...plus he puts up with my talking about hockey ( I think he started it though... ). Big Grin

Guilty as charged. Big Grin

Btw, have you heard that the Nordiques might rise again? They used to eat Blackhawks you know! Wink

Jison
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2015, 01:19 AM,
(07-22-2015, 01:05 AM)Jison Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 11:28 PM)trauth116 Wrote: ...plus he puts up with my talking about hockey ( I think he started it though... ). Big Grin

Btw, have you heard that the Nordiques might rise again? They used to eat Blackhawks you know! Wink

Jison

As many of the NHL teams have found out the last 5 years or so, sometimes you can get the Indian, but most of the time, the Indian gets you! [Image: c6ad8247baindienne.gif] [Image: 4b11586aa8Chief.gif]

[Image: 105fe7bc55hockey.gif]

[Image: 1ccedc278chockey%20fight.gif]

[Image: 2c23b97e69penalty%20box.gif]
07-22-2015, 04:20 AM,
(07-21-2015, 11:45 PM)Strela Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 07:59 PM)Lowlander Wrote: David,

I don't have and never had any issues with Moscow'42 as I always manually install patches etc.
THE GAME IS SUPERB, the Unit, Info and Map graphics are manually selected for my tastes, in other words, mix and match.

Thank you for all you excellent work.

OK, here we go,
I copied the game to a other location for this test.
I then installed the three files to the correct location in this order.

John Tiller Moscow'42 1.02 patch.
Jison's Moscow'42 Mapmod.
Strela's latest JTS Mapmod fix as found in the post above.

This is a screenshot of the result.

Hi Lowlander,

Thanks for posting the shot - that's the easiest thing for me to see if everything is ok.

All looks fine to me other than the new Nato box I put into the unit box/graphic. There is a minor clash with Jisons original unit box.

Other than that I think its fine.

Does the zoom in/out levels work ok?

Finally, you asked whether the Panzer Battles (PzB) graphics were becoming the default for Panzer Campaigns. Possibly for any game I release. That said, we now have a way to replace with Jison's mod if required. I spend a lot of time working with graphics and I believed the PzB ones were superior to the stock ones. That said, I am constantly tweaking and you never know what may happen between now and the next PzC release.

Thanks,

David

David,

All the zoom levels are OK, including the shaded hexes.
Just one very, very minor point, in extreme zoom out mode the shaded hexes might need a very slight adjustment, but this is nit picking.

Again thanks for your assistance in this matter.
07-22-2015, 08:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015, 08:37 AM by -72-.)
(07-22-2015, 01:05 AM)Jison Wrote:

Jison

Yes one of the teams I saw live in the 80's at Chicago Stadium was the Nords -and future Hawk (and Que Hof-er) Michel Goulet scored on Murray Bannerman from the red line (I am not kidding ...) ... and the Stastny brothers ... hey, I could appreciate the Nords - I even got a jersey (I got lots of jerseys though...) one of those cheap polyester ones -can't wear it over pads.

Fwiw, the Hawks were built to get out of the Norris Division in the playoffs -then only got to the Finals one time and then got swept by the Pens in I think 92 ... usually it was the Oilers that really spanked them ... but they did that to everyone.

As a side note, some of us 'freaks' in this conversation have actually played it some too ... my own FB page which was supposed to have been sorta like the SDC business page became er ... well ... hockey focused.

All right off topic ... sorry ... my bad ... seriously, though pay attention to the mods on SDC that I have done, I am open to feedback (which Chad can attest to), as while the company has a no vaporware policy, there are things out there that can be worked on and are fair game to post publicly. Doing mods for already published material is one way.
Send this user an email
07-29-2015, 01:43 AM,
[Image: Moscow%2742.JPG]
(07-21-2015, 07:59 PM)Lowlander Wrote: David,

I don't have and never had any issues with Moscow'42 as I always manually install patches etc.
THE GAME IS SUPERB, the Unit, Info and Map graphics are manually selected for my tastes, in other words, mix and match.

Thank you for all you excellent work.

OK, here we go,
I copied the game to a other location for this test.
I then installed the three files to the correct location in this order.

John Tiller Moscow'42 1.02 patch.
Jison's Moscow'42 Mapmod.
Strela's latest JTS Mapmod fix as found in the post above.

This is a screenshot of the result.
07-29-2015, 10:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2015, 10:31 PM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: Smoke7

I've installed both Volcano Man's unit portraits / symbols mode + MapMode for Sicily 43!

All I can state is... WOW! Yikes

These mods really breathe "new life" into the PzC series and make it more of a "joy" instead of a "pain" to stare at the virtual battlefields for long periods of time! Angry5

I've also backed-up my Sicily 43 game w/ installed mods onto a CD-ROM so I'll always have a copy I can restore to my desktop! Smile

Many thanks to the "mod artists!" Thank you2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-30-2015, 12:33 AM,
As you have seen, one of the great assets of JTS games is that they are very mod friendly.

Another set of PzC mods made by Philippe, can be found over at the very well known TF-Echo4

https://tfe4.wordpress.com/graphics-and-...ps-titles/

If you decide to get into using mods in your JTS game, I highly suggest you use JSGME.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=65299

The greatest asset of using JSGME is that if a new game title update is released, all you do is deactivate the add-ons you are using, with one click of the mouse. Next, you would unzip the new game updates into the main game folder. After applying the updates, you would then reactivate your mods with one click of the mouse. It is a real time saver. You would not need to reload each and every 3rd party file you want to use, which as we all know can be very time consuming especially if you enjoy using art mods from more than one source (mix & matching).

JSGME has been around for a long time and I am sure that many Blitz members, including myself, still use it or have used it at one point over their gaming career. I have JSGME loaded into each and every JTS game I own.
07-30-2015, 01:07 AM,
Thanks Chad!

Good mod stuff! Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-30-2015, 01:11 AM,
(07-30-2015, 01:07 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Thanks Chad!

Good mod stuff! Smile

If you have any questions about using it or setting things up, just ask. Wink
08-26-2015, 08:15 AM,
I assume Phillipe's superb mods will also not work with any JTS version below 2?